Poll

Should we be allowed to edit the bible?

Yes
No
Only on Tuesdays (not sure)

Author Topic: Editing the Bible...  (Read 28031 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Re: Editing the Bible...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:55 pm »
Editing the Bible isn't even aquestion, you can't edit the text of your religion.
Oh please, the muslims do it, the jews do it, wtf mate?

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 09:19:57 pm »
Taking out excerpts is fine.

Editing it is not.

The worst part is, the Bible has been edited by so many different people throughout history.

aligirl

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 06:34:26 pm »
If we were to edit the bible, it couldn't be any more than changing "thou" to "you". Changing, adding or removing content in the Bible is where to stop.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 01:54:11 am »
If the bible has already been edited, then my theory stands true.
It is just a book.
I say, edit it as much as you want.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

SpongeBret Hartpants

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 11:16:23 am »
NO! The Bible is a Legendly Book.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 11:23:40 am »
The Bible is a STORY Book.
There, fixed it for you.

Lil Loco

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 12:00:47 pm »
Ty you're my homie and everything, but that's only as far as you're concerned.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 12:33:02 pm »

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 01:26:13 pm »
Backup your reasoning.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:14 pm »
Backup your reasoning.

I am 10% Buddist.
30% Reunionist.

and...60% scientist.  ^_^

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 01:45:43 pm »
I meant to backup why you believe that the Bible is a story.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 01:48:16 pm »

because i don't beleive anything that is said within it, most of the things in the bible sound more like stories.
Which isn't a bad thing, some stories are good.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:38 pm »
Ty you're my homie and everything, but that's only as far as you're concerned.
Ok, then Jeremy... you believe in it? That's great. I am glad you have some religious balance in your life =)

What other evidence is there that it isn't? Did you see Jesus Christ walk the Earth? Did you see a big celestial hand come out of the heavens and dump a big bucket of coal on Sodom and Gommorah? Did you ever see a 6 ft. long serpant offer you fruit from his garden? Did you see a women miraculously give birth to a baby boy without having sex with her husband? It isn't that hard to backup my opinion... in fact, it is quite easy. But that is my belief... you have yours and I respect them as I expect the same from you. I believe that the bible has some good lessons to follow and some interesting stories... but I hardly would live my life by such a book. The bible is not meant to be taken literally. It is simply a book with some life lessons and stories. I just don't exalt is as some great, celestial, godly, book. Anyways, you're supposed to be worshipping God... not the bible. That is idolatry. Naughty, naughty B)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:58:48 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Lil Loco

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 02:29:43 pm »
Well I appreciate it.  Honestly my relationship with God has nothin to do with "religion" though.  I hate what religion does to people...It's a barrier.  People get so caught up in trying to follow sacraments and practices that they forget what being a Christian is all about.  Following God, loving your neighbor as yourself, and spreading the Word.  As far as the Bible goes, it's the book I live by...period.  The inspired Word of God.  Non-believers can mock it all they want, but it'll never change a thing for me.  That book is the reason I'm still breathing today.  So go ahead, call it a story-book...call it whatever you want...But that's my freakin story book and my story book ain't no fiction novel.

It takes faith to believe in many things and this is where my faith lies.  I've layed my life and soul on it.  I'd never try to force-feed my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I have and will defend my faith till the day I breathe my last breath.

On that note...It's time for pizza.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:33:56 pm by Lil Loco »

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 03:47:48 pm »
Well I appreciate it.  Honestly my relationship with God has nothin to do with "religion" though.  I hate what religion does to people...It's a barrier.  People get so caught up in trying to follow sacraments and practices that they forget what being a Christian is all about.  Following God, loving your neighbor as yourself, and spreading the Word.  As far as the Bible goes, it's the book I live by...period.  The inspired Word of God.  Non-believers can mock it all they want, but it'll never change a thing for me.  That book is the reason I'm still breathing today.  So go ahead, call it a story-book...call it whatever you want...But that's my freakin story book and my story book ain't no fiction novel.

It takes faith to believe in many things and this is where my faith lies.  I've layed my life and soul on it.  I'd never try to force-feed my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I have and will defend my faith till the day I breathe my last breath.

On that note...It's time for pizza.
I am not trying to mock it... that is not my goal. I don't believe it is appropriate to mock someone because of their religious beliefs. It is bigoted and just plain discrimination. I do believe in God, maybe even multiple Gods... because I find it hard to believe all this stuff just appeared out of nowhere. Some higher power or force is it there... that created this world. But what I guess I want to say is I just don't believe a lot of the things in the bible. And good for you Jeremy. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your religious beliefs. But know the difference between someone like me who simple denounces the religion or someone who is alright discriminating against you. You're a great guy, Jeremy. I like you. Wether you are Christian, Satanist, Pagan, Dog-frog-monkey idol worshipper... whatever. You are still you regardless of your religion. And you have people on opposite sides of the spectrum trying to shove their opinions down your throat and forcing you to accept them, when they themselves are unaccepting.

But anyways, I honestly find it hard to believe that the bible has never been edited in the past. Why is there a King James version? Isn't it supposed to be God's bible? Who is this... King James? It is 2,000 years old and has been translated into every language imaginable. I just find it impossible that it has never been edited in the past.