Poll

Should we be allowed to edit the bible?

Yes
No
Only on Tuesdays (not sure)

Author Topic: Editing the Bible...  (Read 28166 times)

Lil Loco

Re: Editing the Bible...
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 03:59:50 pm »
I understand that and I respect your beliefs as well.  I'm just expressing mine to their full extent, not just to you, but to people in general.

And the King James Version is simply the bible, translated into English.  It was published in the early 1600's so that English-speakers could read the Bible.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 04:02:51 pm »
Oh, the bible hasn't been edited alot....they've just ripped entire contradictory sections out of it to make it flow better, and they replaced the word sh!t with dung and fecal matter alot....

http://www.jeffwofford.com/2006/11/wading-in-skubala.html

Lil Loco

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 04:24:07 pm »
Contradictory sections, I see.  That's why Christianity still stands right?  That's why, to this day, no one can truly disprove the Bible right?  If they had plausable concrete facts that disproved my faith, people all over the world would step away from it.  But they haven't.  You can say "Oh there's contraditionary sections that they just took out, and that's why they're wrong" all you want.  Doesn't mean anything.

And in the context that Paul uses the word, it isn't vulgar.  Dung translates to the same word.  If he were to use it in context as insult or otherwise...It could be conveyed that he is being vulgar and impolite.  He is simply saying that everything other thing in the world is as worthless as crap next to Christ.  Same with the other word.  It's not vulgar, so get over yourself.  =D

bub1028

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 05:18:22 pm »
It's not the same exact religion as it's supposed to be once it's edited.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 05:27:52 pm »
The Bible has been translated and edited so many times throughout history that you cannot take its word as truth. That is why I think that The Qur'an is far more reliable, for the following reasons.

1. Most of the New Testament was written years after Jesus died, so all they had were the stories that they had been told, and you know for a fact that if a story is told, that same story will not be the same in a hundred years after so many people have told it.

2. Unlike The Bible, The Qur'an was revealed to Muhammed directly from the angel Gabriel. What is more likely to be true?

3. The Qur'an has not been edited so many times like The Bible has, and can still be read in the language it was written in, so there is no misunderstanding in translation to a modern language.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 06:37:34 pm »
Contradictory sections, I see.  That's why Christianity still stands right?  That's why, to this day, no one can truly disprove the Bible right?  If they had plausable concrete facts that disproved my faith, people all over the world would step away from it.  But they haven't.  You can say "Oh there's contraditionary sections that they just took out, and that's why they're wrong" all you want.  Doesn't mean anything.

And in the context that Paul uses the word, it isn't vulgar.  Dung translates to the same word.  If he were to use it in context as insult or otherwise...It could be conveyed that he is being vulgar and impolite.  He is simply saying that everything other thing in the world is as worthless as crap next to Christ.  Same with the other word.  It's not vulgar, so get over yourself.  =D
What do you mean nobody can disprove the bible? It can't be proved or disproved... that's the thing about the bible. Nobody has been able to prove or disprove it as of yet. It is like a stalemate. You either choose to believe it or not.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »

By contradictory sections, I meant ones that explicitly told you that you could eat shellfish, and then there would be another section that would say you couldn't. So they just picked out the ones that they liked the best and tossed the others.

We had a guest speaker come in and give us a book of the 'found' testaments. Some were fairly holyish, while others weren't at all.

I ain't trying to bash your religion (cause it's mine also lmao), but it is as squiddy has said above....the Qur'an is as close to an unedited holy book as you can get imho....

Lil Loco

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 08:33:53 pm »
Well we can all believe what we feel is right.  That's the beauty of freedom lol.  Anyways, my bad if I came off harsh at all.  Just tryin to get a point across.  Anyways, Im done with this particular argument.  I've stated my point and beliefs.  GG everypeoples.

Patback399

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 05:28:43 pm »
Unlike fundamentalists, I believe the Bible should be read almost entirely figuratively. I don't even know if Jesus was a person. Perhaps he was a spiritual enlightenment. Perhaps he has already come a second time, in the form of the Renaissance.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 09:31:53 pm »
3. The Qur'an has not been edited so many times like The Bible has, and can still be read in the language it was written in, so there is no misunderstanding in translation to a modern language.

You can still read the bible in Hebrew...

O.O

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:18 am »

You can still read the bible in Hebrew...

O.O
Why would you though unless you're Jewish? And how many Jews do you know of that read the bible?

Lil Loco

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 10:05:42 am »
There's a Jewish couple that goes to our church who became Christians.  Their Bible is in Hebrew.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 10:54:10 am »
Unlike fundamentalists, I believe the Bible should be read almost entirely figuratively. I don't even know if Jesus was a person. Perhaps he was a spiritual enlightenment. Perhaps he has already come a second time, in the form of the Renaissance.
I don't think you know what fundamentalists means.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 12:26:18 pm »
Do YOU know what it means?

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 02:44:11 pm »
Do YOU know what it means?
I just asked my pokedex....it told me that none of you know what it means :P