Author Topic: Why are people sexist?  (Read 45654 times)

aligirl

Why are people sexist?
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:41:42 pm »
There have probably been other posts made about this, but It's getting on my last nerves to see prejudices against people because of their sex, and seeing young kids influenced by others into sexism. For instance, I once had a teacher who was biased against males; even the most respectable, polite and well-behaved boys in my classes get rude remarks and pure disrespect from her in class--while the rather talkitive and bratty (if you prefer that term) females in the class get sweet little smiles and are always treated like royalty by her. Another thing, once there was something on the news about a man who thought you should never marry a woman with a carreer--but men with good jobs were just fine. That really turned me off. Needless to say, it was  saying that women can't handle having a carrier and raising a family at once... Anyway, I want to hear other people's opinion on this and why you think people are sexist today.

And, if you think about it, living as a sexual offender must not be fun. If you're biased against the opposite sex (of course), than you must not love anyone or just be gay; and if for any strange reason your against your own sex, than you must hate yourself.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Why are people sexist?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:05:28 pm »
Yea it never made any sense to me lol...

I was told by my college personal counselor that only women should be teachers, I was given a B in gym class for not being courteous to the girls (didn't wait until all of them were through the door before i went...wtf lol) and i was given a suspension in 8th grade for getting in a fight with a girl (she put scratches all over my face and bit me, and i just pushed her away from me).

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:59 pm »
I can somewhat understand the thing about women and careers. Women are supposodly supposed to stay home, manage the house, cook, and clean. The problem is both parents have a job, so most americans get fast food to eat, cause their is not time for them to come home and cook. Then they get fat off of McDonalds.

My point: Both parents probably should not have a career. One of them should take care of the house...

My 2 cents.

Lil Loco

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:31:11 pm »
Sexism is dumb.  If a woman is qualified for a job, she should have it.  As for as work, some families can make it with only one income in the household...our family needs both in order to make it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:01:24 pm by Lil Loco »

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:52:31 am »
There have probably been other posts made about this, but It's getting on my last nerves to see prejudices against people because of their sex, and seeing young kids influenced by others into sexism. For instance, I once had a teacher who was biased against males; even the most respectable, polite and well-behaved boys in my classes get rude remarks and pure disrespect from her in class--while the rather talkitive and bratty (if you prefer that term) females in the class get sweet little smiles and are always treated like royalty by her. Another thing, once there was something on the news about a man who thought you should never marry a woman with a carreer--but men with good jobs were just fine. That really turned me off. Needless to say, it was  saying that women can't handle having a carrier and raising a family at once... Anyway, I want to hear other people's opinion on this and why you think people are sexist today.

And, if you think about it, living as a sexual offender must not be fun. If you're biased against the opposite sex (of course), than you must not love anyone or just be gay; and if for any strange reason your against your own sex, than you must hate yourself.
Ok, first of all I would like to point out that just because someone is gay doesn't meen they have a bias against the opposite sex... I am gay. I just am not attracted to women. I don't think they are evil, vile, despicable creatures... heck most of my friends ARE female, I just am not attracted to any of them. I like guys.

And I used to have a sexist teacher too before I graduated from tech school. I had gotten both my ears peirced and I came into class on Monday and she wanted me to cover the earrings up... because according to her it is unprofessional for men to wear earrings in business. I told her women wear them too... but she said it is ok for women just not for men. She then said that it is also unfair that men can wear pants to work but women can't but that is just how things are... I told her "But you do wear pants to work" and that shut her up. She never said anything about my earrings again. Heh.

David

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
I can somewhat understand the thing about women and careers. Women are supposodly supposed to stay home, manage the house, cook, and clean. The problem is both parents have a job, so most americans get fast food to eat, cause their is not time for them to come home and cook. Then they get fat off of McDonalds.

My point: Both parents probably should not have a career. One of them should take care of the house...

My 2 cents.

Both of my parents have a job. *Raises an eyebrow*

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »
Yea both my parents have a job too. One works first shift, other works 2nd shift...and someone is always home with the kids.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 08:48:08 pm »
Yea both my parents have a job too. One works first shift, other works 2nd shift...and someone is always home with the kids.
I think that was the implied meaning. Kids shouldn't be home all by themselves all the time.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 01:08:12 pm »
My mom didn't work until I started school.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Lil Loco

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 01:14:18 pm »
I was watched by my grandma during day on workdays till I started goin to school.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 06:53:10 pm »
I think that was the implied meaning. Kids shouldn't be home all by themselves all the time.
That was me.

I turned out fine. :)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 10:22:46 am »
That was me.

Are you SURE about that?

And by the way, I meant both shouldn't be working at the same time...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 05:23:20 pm »
That was me.

Are you SURE about that?

I'm the liberal and my parents worked.

You're the conservative and one parent was home.

I think I got the better deal. :)

Patback399

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 07:24:22 pm »
That was me.

Are you SURE about that?

Now, now. You don't want to be part of the icky disgusting counterculture, do you?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »
That was me.

Are you SURE about that?

I disagree.