Author Topic: Police  (Read 21454 times)

Lil Loco

Police
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:18:29 pm »
There are too many people who whine about how "brutal" and "unfair" the police force is as a whole.  There may be some cops out there who abuse their power but the vast majority of people who protect and defend the streets of our country don't get half the respect that they deserve and that's just flat-out sad.  If Mr. White-Cop arrests a minority, he's a racist.  If Mr. Black-Cop or Mr. Brown-Cop arrests a minority, he's a sell-out.  If a cop gets into a physical altercation with a suspect and has to use force to take him into custody, he's likely to get sued.  If a cop's life is theatened by a suspect with a weapon and he's forced to shoot the suspect, he can still get sued or even receive jail-time for it.  Men and women of law enforcement deserve better.

So if you hate the cops, sheriffs, and troopers of this country so much, next time your house is robbed or your car is stolen or your friend is gunned down...and you call the police...may this serve as a reminder for what a hypocritical punkass you are. 

Dragon Of Grief

Re: Police
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:21:37 pm »
My father has a total and utter lack of respect for cops. On America's Most Wanted at the end of the show they always show a cop who was killed in the line of duty and he'll be like "They deserve it" and "Maybe they shouldn't have been a cop then!" But mind you, this comes from a former coke addict and alcoholic. I agree with you Jeremy, the police are not given enough respect. Sure, there are some corrupted police but there is corruption in every career, race, every walk of life... you have your assholes.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 08:00:34 pm »
Stacey Koon.

:P but seriously, I know they aren't all bad.

Lil Loco

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:27 pm »
Koon and them went overboard in subduing, but you know what?  If King had just stopped when officers had told him to, had not charged at an officer, had not continually resisted arrest, and had not fought against the officers nothing bad would have happened.  I don't feel one bit of remorse for Rodney at all.

"Everybody knows...If the police have to come and get you...They're bringin and ass-kickin with em." - Chris Rock

I'm sure most, if not all, the money he was awarded is gone by now, seeing as he's had to pay substantial legal fees since his two additional arrests after the incident.  All I gotta say to that is...lol.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:05:32 pm by Lil Loco »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:12 pm »
The  police in Cincinnati are racist. But then again the whole city is a backward's reminder of the 70's.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:39:10 pm by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 03:26:44 pm »
It must be nice to be Black and be able to play the race card. No offense to Black people. My boyfriend is half Black. It is just the Blacks who use their race as an excuse to get away with crime is who I have a problem with.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 04:29:25 pm »
It must be nice to be Black and be able to play the race card. No offense to Black people. My boyfriend is half Black. It is just the Blacks who use their race as an excuse to get away with crime is who I have a problem with.
Judging by the percent of black males in jail/prison, you're dead wrong. 

From the Bureau of Justice Statistics via Wikipedia, "In 2002, roughly 93.2 % of prisoners were male. About 10.4 % of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, compared to 2.4 % of Hispanic males and 1.2 % of white males."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:31:17 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 04:41:47 pm »
So, are you saying that it is racism OR that black guys commit more crimes?

I'm a bit inclined on number 2... And number 1. Both of them..

Most white guys that commit crimes are rich, ie, like what Martha Stewart did.

So, they can pay off the people...

But, the people who sale drugs are, and I mean this in a  non racist way, are mostly black/mexican.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 04:53:29 pm »
So, are you saying that it is racism OR that black guys commit more crimes?

I'm a bit inclined on number 2... And number 1. Both of them..

Most white guys that commit crimes are rich, ie, like what Martha Stewart did.

So, they can pay off the people...

But, the people who sale drugs are, and I mean this in a  non racist way, are mostly black/mexican.
Black people are no more predisposed to committing crimes than you or I. Poverty next to exorbant wealth is what causes crime, and there are more black people living in poorer areas.

and if you think it's mainly blacks/mexicans selling illegal drugs, you're sadly mistaken. Take a peek into any high school.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 08:12:19 pm »
I don't go to highschool. But, I do know that when my brother went there, it was the black kids selling drugs..

According to him.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:43 pm »
I don't go to highschool. But, I do know that when my brother went there, it was the black kids selling drugs..

According to him.
I see far more white kids selling drugs.

and don't go by what your brother says. form your opinions based on facts. :)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 09:00:48 pm »
It may be that way up there. I am forming opinions based on fact of what goes on down here...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »
It may be that way up there. I am forming opinions based on fact of what goes on down here...
No. You're going off what your brother said, and he was saying about what he saw. Not all drug dealers go around parading that fact.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 09:34:10 pm »
No. You're going off what your brother said, and he was saying about what he saw. Not all drug dealers go around parading that fact.
I saw it too. I also saw a lot of white trash selling drugs, but a lot more straight up Gs. It just depends on where you go.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:46:23 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 09:39:05 pm »
Judging by the percent of black males in jail/prison, you're dead wrong. 

From the Bureau of Justice Statistics via Wikipedia, "In 2002, roughly 93.2 % of prisoners were male. About 10.4 % of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, compared to 2.4 % of Hispanic males and 1.2 % of white males."
What do these statistics have anything to do with what I just posted? I never mentioned prison at all... I was simply stating that some black use the race card as an excuse to get away with certain crimes. I never said blacks were more predisposed to crime. So how am I wrong? Please, explain.