Author Topic: Common debate ressurrected: The meaning of life.  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Common debate ressurrected: The meaning of life.
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:20:02 am »
I'll start it off....

I beleive the meaning of life is to simply breed and perish, to ensure the survival of ones species and/or genus.
This is in order to become the most succesful species and/or the most dominant, why is this? My beleif is that it's the will of nature which drives us unconsciously to this goal that holds the answers, nature as a whole is what we should look at for the meaning of life...not something man-made.

What's your view?
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Lil Loco

Re: Common debate ressurrected: The meaning of life.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:38:00 am »
The meaning of life is to enjoy and cherish the life that you've been given, and for Christians, it's also about helping other people learn about God.  Aside from that, each person's got a purpose in life that's set apart for them...Whether or not they fufill that purpose is ultimately up to them.  That's my view.

Lol, this topic is almost impossible to have without some sorta argument somewhere down the line.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:46:18 am »
that's the point.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:01:56 pm »
To eat cheese.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 05:33:01 pm »
To eat cheese.
Agreed.  Wholeheartedly.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 08:37:52 pm »
I dono if cmonkey remembers him, but there was a kid by the name of Matt Bowe who was in our graduating class. Recently I got a call from a friend saying that he had gone over to Iraq and was recently killed when his humvee ran over a roadside bomb.

After seeing someone, who grew up in the ghetto of Moon Township, who worked his butt off trying to become a doctor from having no money "in order to make his kids' life better than his, so they have more opportunities", and then DIE for it....well...it was a bit of a wakeup for me.

Go though life working towards something with all of your heart, and put in the best day that you can. Don't succumb to laziness and try to coast through, otherwise you'll be in for a rude awakening. Give anything that stands in your way the Neville Island Double-Down™ (lmao don't ask) and blast through it.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 02:53:00 am »
I dono if cmonkey remembers him, but there was a kid by the name of Matt Bowe who was in our graduating class. Recently I got a call from a friend saying that he had gone over to Iraq and was recently killed when his humvee ran over a roadside bomb.

After seeing someone, who grew up in the ghetto of Moon Township, who worked his butt off trying to become a doctor from having no money "in order to make his kids' life better than his, so they have more opportunities", and then DIE for it....well...it was a bit of a wakeup for me.

Go though life working towards something with all of your heart, and put in the best day that you can. Don't succumb to laziness and try to coast through, otherwise you'll be in for a rude awakening. Give anything that stands in your way the Neville Island Double-Down™ (lmao don't ask) and blast through it.

*claps* very good.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 08:45:19 am »
The meaning of life... hm... I can't really say. I don't know what the meaning of life is... I know what it SHOULD be though. The meaning of life SHOULD be to make some sort of positive impact on the world to change it for the better "or worse" Everyone has a purpose. Everyone is alive for a reason. After we have carried out what we were put on Earth to do, we die, and are possibly reincarnated by the gods that be. I do not believe in a hell for the wicked. I believe that you are reincarnated until you get it right. We are all kinda like, employed by the gods that be... and after we have finished our duties we die.