Author Topic: Abortion...  (Read 50467 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Re: Abortion...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 04:50:13 am »
My best friend was adopted and there is nothing wrong with her. My cousin was also adopted and she's fine too. I'd like to know more about this psychological deal, because I am studying psychology at University and this is the first I've heard of it.

You're in the USA, so OFCOURSE you wouldn't have learnt it....you're leaning is different from ours. <_<
Read some UK, Japanese or German Psychology books, you will be greatly surprised at the differences in studies and results.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 08:53:04 am »
But Sarah, I know first hand the affects of adoption, and it isn't that bad. My stepdad was adopted and he has no problem with it. At least he didn't get left with a family that didn't care about him.

Lil Loco

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 09:33:07 am »
My best friend was adopted and there is nothing wrong with her. My cousin was also adopted and she's fine too. I'd like to know more about this psychological deal, because I am studying psychology at University and this is the first I've heard of it.

You're in the USA, so OFCOURSE you wouldn't have learnt it....you're leaning is different from ours. <_<
Read some UK, Japanese or German Psychology books, you will be greatly surprised at the differences in studies and results.

What's that supposed to mean?  Our books are inferior to yours?  Gimme a freakin break.
One of my best friends was adopted...He's completely fine...Had a good life and he'll attest to that.  My half-brother's dad was adopted...completely normal and happy guy.  Cool guy to talk to also.  I don't know one adopted person who has issues with their "mental health".  It's possible that if a child is adopted and is raised in a miserable upbringing that he/she could develop psychological problems...That doesn't mean that adopted kids are prone to it.  Any kid could develop psychological problems under the right circumstances.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 10:57:04 am »

What's that supposed to mean?  Our books are inferior to yours?  Gimme a freakin break.
One of my best friends was adopted...He's completely fine...Had a good life and he'll attest to that.  My half-brother's dad was adopted...completely normal and happy guy.  Cool guy to talk to also.  I don't know one adopted person who has issues with their "mental health".  It's possible that if a child is adopted and is raised in a miserable upbringing that he/she could develop psychological problems...That doesn't mean that adopted kids are prone to it.  Any kid could develop psychological problems under the right circumstances.

You're jumping to conclusions. I am stating that WE LEARN DIFFERENTLY to you, because your government/education system works differently to Europes.
Do your research first.

I know that there are cases where adoption has no negative effects, but that is just a minority of the population.
Until you can specify a list of the majority of adoptees having no mental damage/harm, then that further relegates the issue that adoption does nothing to mental health.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Lil Loco

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 12:16:42 pm »

You're jumping to conclusions. I am stating that WE LEARN DIFFERENTLY to you, because your government/education system works differently to Europes.
Do your research first.

I know that there are cases where adoption has no negative effects, but that is just a minority of the population.
Until you can specify a list of the majority of adoptees having no mental damage/harm, then that further relegates the issue that adoption does nothing to mental health.

Until you can specify a list of the majority of adoptees having mental damage/harm, then your argument is no more valid.  I've yet to meet an adopted person that's messed up the head.  Like I said, any child can develop psychological problems, if they're brought up in a miserable environment, regardless of whether or not they were adopted.  Mental health of kids depends on a sufficiently stable upbringing, not whether or not your parents are the ones that actually birthed you.  Learning that you were adopted, could no doubt bring sadness...My friend was real upset when he first found out he was adopted.  But it never bothered him after that...He still loves his adoptive parents and they treat him no different than a real son.  He wants to meet his real parents someday but he doesn't really seem to be in a rush.  Honestly this kid will probably turn out better than me lol.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:24:37 pm by Lil Loco »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 01:01:50 pm »
^ Exactly. My best friend is that way too. When she first learned she was adopted she was a little weirded out, but now she realizes it was for the best. Her biological mom was only 17 and couldn't take care of her. Instead, she gave her baby away to a family with a good income who could afford to take care of her properly. My friend is fine. As far as she is concerned her adoptive mom is her mom and she is perfectly happy and normal. When a kid turns out messed up it could be any number of things.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 01:05:29 pm »
And even if that child has mental problem at least they are alive and weren't ripped away by a vacuum from their selfish mother's womb. I have YET to meet an adoptee that has major issues with being adopted. Adoption is a very good thing, my stepfather was adopted. And thank god it exists... otherwise you would have more women having abortions or kids who are homeless on the streets with no families.

And I don't know what your textbooks say Sarah... but I am sure your textbooks say different things about the Revolutionary War as well. But on no means, NO MEAN belittle the American education system... we have our flaws as Europeans does... but it doesn't make ours wrong. You have your beliefs, we have ours. I respect your opinions, as I expect the same from you.

Everyone has very different views on something like adoption... but it is not a yes and no subject all the time. It has a lot of gray areas. You get people like me, who are on the far end of opposing it... and then you have people who are on the far end of accepting it... and then you have tons of people in the middle with mixed opinions on the subject...

But it seems to me we are straying away from the issue at hand. Adoption is an entirely different topic.

mandy30277

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 06:18:03 pm »
I agree 100% percent. And since Im a firm believer in Christianity, you shouldnt remove the miracle of life. Its just like murdering. Do you think it would be pleasant to scramble a babys brain, then suck its guts out? Its just like that and you should respect Gods plan and dont be promiscious. I think abortion is only legal because there are too many dumb sluts who will not learn to use a condom and keep their legs closed.

I guess that the point that I'm trying to make is that I can't see how being raped could even register as a 'miracle of life' in the woman's mind.
But does the fetus growing inside her realize that? Is it the baby's fault that her/his mommy got raped? Give the baby up for adoption or give him/her to family or a close friend. Not that hard, really it isn't.
I agree with you. They should put the baby up for adoptiopn.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 07:32:39 pm »
With rape and incest aside... keep your damn legs closed if you are not ready for the possibility of children.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 02:58:44 pm »
Honestly speaking, I don't understand the purpose of Abortion, it just creeps me out thinking about it.

I think it should be banned, putting a child up for adoption is a better solution
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Patback399

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 03:55:16 pm »
Banning it would be even worse. People would start doing it illegally, which is extremely unsafe.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 05:46:07 pm »
Banning it would be even worse. People would start doing it illegally, which is extremely unsafe.

Yes.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 09:12:30 am »
I am against abortion on all grounds... honestly. I don't like it, and I don't support it. I had this debate with someone else not to long back so I don't feel like repeating myself here.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 09:01:50 pm »
In my opinion, all children are disgusting slimeballs. So i couldn't care less.
1. So, I'm a disgusting slimeball because I'm 12? I don't think so.
2.And you would kill an innocent baby girl or boy because of your dislike for children?
My best friend Jacob was adopted and he turned out to be a great guy.
I'd rather have a dead lookalike mini-rapist come out of my butt then an alive lookalike mini-rapist .
1.Give the kid to adoption!! It's not like you'll ever see it agian, and if you give it away at a very young age (before the age of one) it's not like the girl/boy's gonna remember you!!
2. Just because the father was a rapist doesn't mean the baby's one.

So the fact that you're in Europe makes you smarter than me?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:04:03 pm by Goofy_Goober_Girl »

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 02:26:07 pm »
In my opinion, all children are disgusting slimeballs. So i couldn't care less.
1. So, I'm a disgusting slimeball because I'm 12? I don't think so.

Yes...kids are idiots, and most of the time deserve a good beating.