Author Topic: Oh noes.  (Read 12547 times)

Rabble

Oh noes.
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:28 pm »
I actually like that el tigre show.

:<
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:20:47 pm by VulturEMaN »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh noes.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:12 pm »
Rabble, just NO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:20:55 pm by VulturEMaN »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:21:20 pm »
it's "oh noes" rabble, not "oh dolphin noise"

Rabble

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:39:36 pm »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 04:50:15 pm »
Do I gotta disown you again?!!?!

=o

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:00:50 pm »
I haven't watched it yet. gotta find a youtube episode...

bub1028

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:28 pm »
Me neither.  I'll probably watch it when I'm bored to death and there's nothing on TV that night.

Sb129

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 02:09:11 pm »
It's Ok, better than Just Jordan, Named Brothers Band & Zoey 101.

David

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 02:20:36 pm »
I actually like that el tigre show.

:<

Good for you, as long as YOU like it, I don't give a care. =P

bub1028

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 02:21:10 pm »
It's Ok, better than Just Jordan, Named Brothers Band & Zoey 101.
DEFINITELY.

GoofyTime

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 05:15:56 am »
Quick, change your opinion so it'll be part of the majority!

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 06:25:16 am »
rabble...it's ok...I like Totally Spies.... :/

Band8PGeek

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 10:07:40 am »
Did you learn nothing from the stereotypes, GoofyTime? In this case, you're saying "Rabble's a human being, so she MUST NOT like El Tigre". O_o

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:05 pm »
Haha. That show is pretty good.

o.o;;

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 01:59:13 pm »
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_10665.asp

Since its debut in 1999, "SpongeBob SquarePants" has become the standard by which all other new kids shows are measured. The show had the biggest Saturday morning premiere ever for No. 1 kids network Nickelodeon and continues to be the top-ranked show among kids 2-11.

Now another program on Nickelodeon may become the new standard bearer. Last Saturday, March 3, the new show "El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera," broke "SpongeBob's" debut record.

"Tigre" averaged 2.3 million kids 2-11 in its 10 a.m. timeslot, bettering the previous week's average for the slot by 4 percent. It drew 1.04 million viewers 2-5, nearly matching its "SpongeBob" lead-in in the demographic.

A second episode airing at 10:30 a.m. retained nearly all of "Tigre's" debut audience in both demographics.

Why the big bow for "Tigre?" Having "SpongeBob" as a lead-in certainly provided the show with a big advantage, but there are a couple other reasons why the show did well.

"Tigre" follows a recent trend toward multicultural programming that has seen Disney's "Handy Manny" and Nick's "Dora the Explorer" and "Go, Diego, Go" successfully blend Latino phrases and themes with traditional cartoon hijinx.

Such cartoons appeal to the growing number of Hispanic, bilingual and mixed-race kids in the U.S.

In "Tigre," titular character Manny has a Hispanic background and special powers. His dad is a retired superhero, and his grandfather (Grandpapi) is the world's worst supervillain. That makes for a very dysfunctional family all living together in one house.

Manny, whose superhero name is El Tigre, must decide whether to follow his dad in a life of helping people or his grandfather in a life of crime. He hasn't quite decided yet, and the classic cartoon tug between good and evil plays out in every show.

There had also been a fair bit of buzz over the unique animation in the show. It marked the first time Nickelodeon aired a show done entirely in flash animation, and is one of just a handful on any network.

Even among the very young set, that was enough to gain attention. In a review for the St. Petersburg Times, middle school student Chase Shiflet notes: "The movements of some characters seemed almost like they were in 3-D and were very lifelike. The colors are vibrant, a salute, say creators Jorge Gutierrez and Sandra Equihuand, to Mexican folk art."

Meanwhile, in other younger viewer ratings for the week ending March 4:

Among teens 12-17: Fox was first with a 4.4 rating and 14 share, followed by the CW at 1.9/6, ABC, Univision and CBS at 1.4/5, NBC at 1.1/4, Telefutura at 0.3/1, Telemundo at 0.2/1, and Azteca at 0.0/0.

Among kids 2-11: Fox led with a 3.2/12, followed by Univision at 1.3/5, ABC at 1.1/5, CBS at 0.9/4,  the CW at 0.9/3, NBC at 0.7/3, Telemundo and Telefutura at 0.2/1, and Azteca at 0.0/0.

The top five shows among kids 2-5: 1. "SpongeBob SquarePants" (Nickelodeon, Saturday 9:30 a.m.); 2. "El Tigre" (Nickelodeon, Saturday 10 a.m.); 3. "American Idol" (Fox, Tuesday 8 p.m.); 4. "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" (Disney, Sunday 9 a.m.); 5. "American Idol" (Fox, Thursday 8 p.m.)

The top five shows among kids 6-11: 1. "Hanna Montana" (Disney, Friday 8 p.m.); 2. "Cory in the House" (Disney, Friday 8:30 p.m.); 3. "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (Disney, Friday 7:30 p.m.); 4. "American Idol" (Fox, Tuesday 8 p.m.); 5. "American Idol" (Fox, Thursday 8 p.m.)

The top five shows among 9-14: 1. "American Idol" (Fox, Tuesday 8 p.m.); 2. "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (Fox, Thursday 9 p.m.); 3. "American Idol" (Fox, Wednesday 8 p.m.); 4. "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (Fox, Tuesday 9:30 p.m.); 5. "American Idol" (Fox, Thursday 8 p.m.)

Rabble

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 05:46:51 pm »

Splapp told me to of course! (Y)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 03:18:54 pm »
El tigre looks..

"happy"

Sb129

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:33 pm »
Eh, sorta. SB is happiet than 'El Tigre'.

ti89titanium

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 08:47:43 pm »
Of course it broke SpongeBob's debut. SpongeBob didn't develop popularity until later on, and was considered mediocre by the general public at the outset. As an added bonus, Nick's advertising style likes to really shove the new feature cartoon in your face, and children buy into that. They had some of that with SpongeBob and Rocket Power, 8 years ago, but not to this extent.

As for the cartoon itself, I have mixed feelings. El Tigre has a venerable moral element, which doesn't exist in most cartoons. The background is unorthodox, though clearly influenced by Mexican culture (although there are loads of semi-stereotypes...hm...). The plots themselves are lacking, though I am leaving the door open for the writers to get better with later episodes. My main issue is with the animation and style. This is the first Nickelodeon cartoon completely animated in Flash. (the X's?) Unfortunately, while CN's Foster's could pull off the Flash (and very well, I might add), this does not as well. It, carrying over influence from the artists of Fairly OddParents, adopts that almost childlike, unsophisticated style. It looks like a repackaged animation that one might find on Homestar Runner (though there's nothing wrong with those, just...not Nickelodeon).

Oh, wow. I wrote a lot...

mandy30277

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 03:40:13 pm »
I saw one episode and it was mediocre.

Wormy Lives#33;

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 11:22:00 pm »
There are television cartoons on the air animated completely in Flash now?

*pokes avatar*

Seriously...?

If that's true, I should definately see this show.

Spongebob123

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 04:34:47 pm »
I think it's okay. I mean, it's better than The X's at least.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 07:51:00 am »
I think it's okay. I mean, it's better than The X's at least.
werd

X's was the worst idea ever

Sb129

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 12:37:06 pm »
...And luckily I think Nick canned it.  :wacko: :D

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 01:52:54 pm »

Yeah, don't worry. I like That's so Raven AND HiHi Puffy Amiyumi.

*Looks left to right, then backs away slowly.*
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3