Author Topic: Marriage is a sacred institution!  (Read 55297 times)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage is a sacred institution!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »
moved to debate den. now go and debate.

Lil Loco

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 01:29:54 pm »
Bleh.

I believe Gay Marriage is wrong.

But.

Marriage is so twisted out of God's idea now.

So, why do they even bother not letting it.. =\

What is God's idea, Oh Revealer?

Marriage is so twisted out of the idea of Christian leaders.

His Idea is for a Man and Woman who *love* each other the brought together in the Eyes of God.

But, A lot of Marriages have nothing to do with Love now a days...

How do YOU know what God wants?!

"The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires."
- Susan B. Anthony

Their own desires?  I don't hate gays, nor do I have any desire to deny them anything they shouldn't otherwise be allowed to do.  But it's stated in His word that homosexuality is wrong. Romans, I Corinthians, and the well-known passage of Leviticus attest to this.  So God declares homosexuality wrong, but is fine with it being permitted through sacred institution?  That makes loads of sense.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 02:25:01 pm »
Their own desires?  I don't hate gays, nor do I have any desire to deny them anything they shouldn't otherwise be allowed to do.  But it's stated in His word that homosexuality is wrong. Romans, I Corinthians, and the well-known passage of Leviticus attest to this.  So God declares homosexuality wrong, but is fine with it being permitted through sacred institution?  That makes loads of sense.
It also makes laods of sense to deny basic human rights to people because of that bible right? I want the RIGHT my LEGAL RIGHT to marry my boyfriend without YOUR God getting in the way of that. Marriage has nothing to do with God. Get it through your head. I don't deserve to be governed by a bible I don't believe in.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »
Wasn't marriage like, 'created' for the christian religon, though?

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 02:30:01 pm »
Perhaps at first, until the government decided to tie benefits to marriage, such as hospital visitation, and pension. Now it is like saying

"Oh, well, you can't visit your partner in the hospital if they are dying because you are gay."

Or,

"No pension for you because you are gay"

Or even

"You have no right to marry because my God says it is bad"

It is not just denying gays the right to marry it denies gay couples financial assistance that they desperatly need to raise children and pay bills.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 02:31:18 pm »
Perhaps at first, until the government decided to tie benefits to marriage, such as hospital visitation, and pension. Now it is like saying

"Oh, well, you can't visit your partner in the hospital if they are dying because you are gay."

Or,

"No pension for you because you are gay"

Or even

"You have no right to marry because my God says it is bad"

It is not just denying gays the right to marry it denies gay couples financial assistance that they desperatly need to raise children and pay bills.

but you also have to remember that the government is apart of america, america which is based on christianity.

Lil Loco

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 02:35:44 pm »
It also makes laods of sense to deny basic human rights to people because of that bible right? I want the RIGHT my LEGAL RIGHT to marry my boyfriend without YOUR God getting in the way of that. Marriage has nothing to do with God. Get it through your head. I don't deserve to be governed by a bible I don't believe in.

Get it through your head that it does, otherwise there would be no contraversy on our part.  And yes the government is the reason that marriage has financial ties, ties it shouldn't have.  Ties that cause people to marry and want to marry for the wrong reasons.  Anyone who marries soley for legal/financial reasons is just as much in the wrong as homosexual marriage.  

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 02:41:11 pm »
I don't see any problems with same-sex marriages. It's not like anyone is UNHAPPY about the marriage.
I mean, look at some states in the USA and some other countries...where they have SHOTGUN WEDDINGS. You think THAT'S right too!?
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:11 pm »
I don't see any problems with same-sex marriages. It's not like anyone is UNHAPPY about the marriage.
I mean, look at some states in the USA and some other countries...where they have SHOTGUN WEDDINGS. You think THAT'S right too!?

i totally see where you are coming from. i do believe people should be allowed to marry whomever they want. and i do think that america is going overboard. but it's just the opinion of the majority of the public, you know? its a democracy. and if we've decided to ban the same sex marriage, then we have. perhaps in the future america will come into realization that not everyone is the same. no one cares for anyones happiness anymore. its not like same sex couples are killing anyone or anything. but i guess thats just how we look at it, if we see we can take control of something, we will.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 02:45:12 pm »
but you also have to remember that the government is apart of america, america which is based on christianity.
Something that really needs to change. Society needs de-christianized.

Get it through your head that it does, otherwise there would be no contraversy on our part.  And yes the government is the reason that marriage has financial ties, ties it shouldn't have.  Ties that cause people to marry and want to marry for the wrong reasons.  Anyone who marries soley for legal/financial reasons is just as much in the wrong as homosexual marriage.
Homosexual marriage is NEVER WRONG.

Oh, but they're straight so it's ok. See, you gotta look at it from a conservatives point of view. It's ok to take over nations, commit genocide against innocent people, and launch petty and pointless wars... but gay marriage is EVIL and BAD

Apparently "Thou shall not kill" doesn't apply to the bible anymore.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:22 pm »
Something that really needs to change. Society needs de-christianized.

Homosexual marriage is NEVER WRONG.

Oh, but they're straight so it's ok. See, you gotta look at it from a conservatives point of view. It's ok to take over nations, commit genocide against innocent people, and launch petty and pointless wars... but gay marriage is EVIL and BAD

That 'book' is not even worth mentioning, saying the name alone makes me angry now. Religion causes so much unnessacary pain and suffering.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:50 pm »

[/quote]

OH, AMERICA, WOULD YOU LIKE SOME ICE FOR THAT BURN?
seriously though. good point.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 03:15:02 pm »
Marriage has been around A LOT longer then Christianity has been... I rest my case.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »
I guess my solution would be for some religions to allow gay marriage and have it recognized throughout the US. Churches that don't wanna recognize it don't have to.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 04:14:46 pm »
I guess my solution would be for some religions to allow gay marriage and have it recognized throughout the US. Churches that don't wanna recognize it don't have to.
I could agree to that.