Author Topic: Marriage is a sacred institution!  (Read 56491 times)

Patback399

Re: Marriage is a sacred institution!
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 06:46:26 am »
Bleh.

I believe Gay Marriage is wrong.

But.

Marriage is so twisted out of God's idea now.

So, why do they even bother not letting it.. =\

What is God's idea, Oh Revealer?

Marriage is so twisted out of the idea of Christian leaders.

His Idea is for a Man and Woman who *love* each other the brought together in the Eyes of God.

But, A lot of Marriages have nothing to do with Love now a days...

How do YOU know what God wants?!

"The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires."
- Susan B. Anthony

Their own desires?  I don't hate gays, nor do I have any desire to deny them anything they shouldn't otherwise be allowed to do.  But it's stated in His word that homosexuality is wrong. Romans, I Corinthians, and the well-known passage of Leviticus attest to this.  So God declares homosexuality wrong, but is fine with it being permitted through sacred institution?  That makes loads of sense.

How do you know the Bible is truly God's revealed word?

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 10:34:18 am »
Bleh.

But.

His Idea is for a Man and Woman who *love* each other the brought together in the Eyes of God.

"The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires."
- Susan B. Anthony

Their own desires?  I don't hate gays, nor do I have any desire to deny them anything they shouldn't otherwise be allowed to do.  But it's stated in His word that homosexuality is wrong. Romans, I Corinthians, and the well-known passage of Leviticus attest to this.  So God declares homosexuality wrong, but is fine with it being permitted through sacred institution?  That makes loads of sense.

no one can actually "know" but we have to trust.

Patback399

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 12:09:51 pm »
I believe the Bible is generally true, but because it was written and edited by numerous people, it obviously is fallible.

Lil Loco

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2007, 12:22:16 pm »
Bleh.

But.

- Susan B. Anthony

It's never lead me in the wrong direction and I know and believe with my life and soul that it is.  If I didn't believe it was, I would have no basis for my faith.  I hold no doubts about it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:28:03 pm by Lil Loco »

Patback399

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 01:00:59 pm »
Someone I went to camp with once said, "The Bible mentions homosexuality about four times. It mentions doing unto others as you would do unto yourself about every fourth verse. Where's the priority?"

So, I suppose Jesus' greatest commandment doesn't apply to everybody. And I suppose "... all men are created equal... " is the same way.

Lil Loco

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2007, 01:34:09 pm »
All men are created equal.  And I do treat other as I would have them do unto me.  He also said, "Love the sinner, hate the sin."  I care for people, gay or straight, it makes no difference to me.  I don't care for sin of any type intermixing in marriage, and I'm not just talking about homosexuality...Straight people delving in any kind of sexual-immorality, those seeking personal gain through marriage, and any other person marrying for reasons other than love are no different and shouldn't marry either.   That is my belief.

Oh and here's a thought, seeing as you obviously believe in separation of church and state.  Instead of whining and throwing a hissy fit about gays not being able to marry, you instead push for your separation of church and state, and in doing so the governmental benefits of marriage are nullified and marriage becomes what it's supposed to be...A holy bonding of a man and woman together before God and nothing more.  Those that don't want God to be apart of their joining can be joined through civil union or the like.  Money and government should have no place in marriage.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 04:03:54 pm by Lil Loco »

llama

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2007, 05:52:08 pm »
Soory if this angers you but I don't support gay marriage.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2007, 05:52:56 pm »

Thanks for adding to the debate.

-.-

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2007, 06:08:35 pm »
Soory if this angers you but I don't support gay marriage.
Back up your opinion, or kindly shut the heck up.

Anyways, your opinion doesn't mean squat to me so I could care less wether you support it or not.

It is different with Jeremy and Danny because they are intelligent people unlike you, and I respect them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 06:11:38 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2007, 06:48:51 pm »
I'm Intelligent?

:o

I already knew that..

But back on topic, saying your opinion then leaving without backing it up is not cool.

Patback399

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2007, 07:10:04 pm »
All men are created equal.  And I do treat other as I would have them do unto me.  He also said, "Love the sinner, hate the sin."  I care for people, gay or straight, it makes no difference to me.  I don't care for sin of any type intermixing in marriage, and I'm not just talking about homosexuality...Straight people delving in any kind of sexual-immorality, those seeking personal gain through marriage, and any other person marrying for reasons other than love are no different and shouldn't marry either.   That is my belief.

Oh and here's a thought, seeing as you obviously believe in separation of church and state.  Instead of whining and throwing a hissy fit about gays not being able to marry, you instead push for your separation of church and state, and in doing so the governmental benefits of marriage are nullified and marriage becomes what it's supposed to be...A holy bonding of a man and woman together before God and nothing more.  Those that don't want God to be apart of their joining can be joined through civil union or the like.  Money and government should have no place in marriage.

So, you're saying I should stop protesting one issue to pick up another one, which would go against what I believe?

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2007, 09:35:01 pm »
essentially.

Can anyone summarize what has been said so far and pm it to me? I'd love to pick up into this, but you guys take too long to get your point across :P

Lil Loco

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2007, 09:51:47 pm »
Read my last post and you'll essentially get what my whole point is in this.  As for the other people, ask them.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2007, 09:54:43 pm »
Jeremy- No gay marriages
Patback- Yes gay marriages
Scilla- Unsure???
Danny- No gay marriages
Me- Yes gay marriage

There, pretty much sums things up.

Lil Loco

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2007, 09:55:23 pm »