Author Topic: Marriage is a sacred institution!  (Read 56497 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Re: Marriage is a sacred institution!
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2007, 09:59:32 pm »
It's like the saying goes, keep it simple, stupid :mellow:

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2007, 10:04:22 am »
Jeremy- No gay marriages
Patback- Yes gay marriages
Scilla- Unsure???
Danny- No gay marriages
Me- Yes gay marriage

There, pretty much sums things up.

i'm yes, my religon, no
haha ??

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2007, 12:18:07 pm »
Jeremy- No gay marriages
Patback- Yes gay marriages
Scilla- Unsure???
Danny- No gay marriages
Me- Yes gay marriage

There, pretty much sums things up.
Me - Yes gay marriage, no on religion bashing.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2007, 02:31:47 am »
Gay marriages? Yes.
Religion bashing? Yes.
Why? Because I have the right to.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2007, 10:13:35 am »
Religion is man made... God didn't make religion.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2007, 11:08:19 am »
but god made us believe.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2007, 11:21:54 am »
God never made us believe anything... if that were true, Scilla, then everyone would be Christian and believe in God, but that is not the case.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2007, 11:33:43 am »
Gay marriages? Yes.
Religion bashing? Yes.
Why? Because I have the right to.
There is a fine line between bashing and debating.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2007, 01:31:35 pm »
God never made us believe anything... if that were true, Scilla, then everyone would be Christian and believe in God, but that is not the case.

well god was the word of the bible, right? i mean, his words are what's written.
and its the bible that we believe in as a country.
so doesn't that mean god made us believe?
or am i off?
i dunno.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2007, 01:54:32 pm »

well god was the word of the bible, right? i mean, his words are what's written.
and its the bible that we believe in as a country.
so doesn't that mean god made us believe?
or am i off?
i dunno.
Ok, think about this... if you were to go around the US and ask everyone what their religion is, and they all answer Christianity then you are right... in fact, someone here posted a religious graph, I couldn't find it though. Only like 32% of Americans or something are Christian. The rest are mainly Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or non-religious.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2007, 02:07:56 pm »
but i mean, what AMERICA is based on. and that is christianity.
but i have no clue where i'm going with this.

i sometimes think that our democracy is nothing but a democracy. and that religon should count nowhere in our country. obviously we do not follow the ten commandments as much as we are supposed to.
thou shall not kill - we murder/ we sentence people in prison to death (even if it is for the greater good)
thou shall not steal - don't we take money from the poor and such?
thou shall not take gods name in vain - "god dammit!" "jesus christ!" etc.
you shall not have any other gods before me - (your many religons in this country)
you shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. - AMERICAN IDOL haha, kidding, but  i'm sure we often say "They are my idol.... i worship them ... etc etc" you know?
you must not commit adultery - *sigh*
thou shall not be envious of thy neighbor (or whatever) - dude, we are so trying to steal and stuff from other countries. hahaha.
i dont know.

most of that was crap.
and it wasn't all ten.
:/
but yeah.
get the point?

Patback399

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2007, 02:17:29 pm »

i sometimes think that our democracy is nothing but a democracy. and that religon should count nowhere in our country. obviously we do not follow the ten commandments as much as we are supposed to.
thou shall not kill - we murder/ we sentence people in prison to death (even if it is for the greater good)
you shall not have any other gods before me - (your many religons in this country)
you shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. - AMERICAN IDOL haha, kidding, but  i'm sure we often say "They are my idol.... i worship them ... etc etc" you know?
thou shall not be envious of thy neighbor (or whatever) - dude, we are so trying to steal and stuff from other countries. hahaha.
i dont know.

most of that was crap.
and it wasn't all ten.
but yeah.
get the point?

That doesn't mean that you personally don't worship more than one god.

Besides, this country was not based on the Bible. It was based on a great idea on freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. To not be bound to what the state binds you to, and to be free to make choices and do almost whatever you want. Ten Commandments should not be placed in front of places of political importance(except if they are historically significant, but that's for antiquity's sake).

Most of the Founding Fathers were deists! So, you can't even say that our country was even close to being based on Christianity. It was based on humans. If only Jefferson and Paine were still around...

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2007, 02:23:36 pm »

i dont know.

most of that was crap.
and it wasn't all ten.
but yeah.
get the point?

Besides, this country was not based on the Bible. It was based on a great idea on freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. To not be bound to what the state binds you to, and to be free to make choices and do almost whatever you want. Ten Commandments should not be placed in front of places of political importance(except if they are historically significant, but that's for antiquity's sake).

Most of the Founding Fathers were deists! So, you can't even say that our country was even close to being based on Christianity. It was based on humans. If only Jefferson and Paine were still around...

if our country was NOT based on Christianity, how can they decide to ban gay marriage, because of their own opinions?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2007, 02:51:38 pm »
Ok, here is a fun fact. Even if the majority of Religious America isn't christian, 90% of religions are against homosexuality.

Patback399

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2007, 05:08:30 pm »

i dont know.

most of that was crap.
and it wasn't all ten.
but yeah.
get the point?

if our country was NOT based on Christianity, how can they decide to ban gay marriage, because of their own opinions?

Our country was not based on Christianity, it was the religious right that decided it was "better off" with Christian ideas. Which is totally ridiculous, as our country clearly set out to keep away from a state religion.

Ok, here is a fun fact. Even if the majority of Religious America isn't christian, 90% of religions are against homosexuality.

An even more fun fact: humans aren't the only species born gay. Rams have the highest percentage, I think. The defense against homosexuality is that it was a choice. Well, rams don't have the capacity to make choices, right? So... where's the logic there?