Author Topic: Marriage is a sacred institution!  (Read 56454 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Re: Marriage is a sacred institution!
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:44 pm »
The whole idea of COMING to America was based off of religious freedom, so they didn't have to be forced to live in a society where religion ruled... our forefathers would turn over in their graves to see America being run by Christianity... no one religion should rule anything. Seperation of church and state is essential at this point and can't be avoided anymore.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2007, 07:04:18 pm »
The whole idea of COMING to America was based off of religious freedom, so they didn't have to be forced to live in a society where religion ruled... our forefathers would turn over in their graves to see America being run by Christianity... no one religion should rule anything. Seperation of church and state is essential at this point and can't be avoided anymore.

Church does not run my life. God does.

Lil Loco

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2007, 07:15:39 pm »

Church does not run my life. God does.

Yezzir.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2007, 08:19:26 pm »
LAME

is there a way how i can keep MY thoughts, MY religon, and MY freedom?
adfjadkfjdsk blegh!

Lil Loco

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2007, 08:42:29 pm »
...Wha?

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2007, 08:51:23 pm »
i mean, how can i say my thoughts, without disagreeing with my religion and/or my country?

Lil Loco

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2007, 09:00:48 pm »
If you believe in gay-marriage, you are disagreeing with your faith...That's pretty straight-forward.  But being for or against gay-marriage doesn't make you for or against your country. 

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:25 pm »
If you believe in gay-marriage, you are disagreeing with your faith...That's pretty straight-forward.  But being for or against gay-marriage doesn't make you for or against your country. 
Nobody ever said you had to agree with everything in the bible. Heck in the old testemant eating shrimp and pork is a sin. Just because you believe in gay marriage doesn't mean you are against your own religion. It says sex outside of marriage is a sin but I am sure not all people are against that, but does that eman they are against their own religion?

i mean, how can i say my thoughts, without disagreeing with my religion and/or my country?
You don't have to be a bible nut to be religious. lol. Many people within Christianity have their own beliefs and thoughts, but just because they are different doesn't make them against their own religion.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2007, 09:58:55 pm »
You don't have to be a bible nut to be religious. lol. Many people within Christianity have their own beliefs and thoughts, but just because they are different doesn't make them against their own religion.

it just seems wrong, no?
oh well.
i dont even know what i'm getting at.

Lil Loco

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2007, 10:51:42 pm »
Nobody ever said you had to agree with everything in the bible. Heck in the old testemant eating shrimp and pork is a sin. Just because you believe in gay marriage doesn't mean you are against your own religion. It says sex outside of marriage is a sin but I am sure not all people are against that, but does that eman they are against their own religion?

The pork thing was a Judaist practice followed before the time of Christ.  Yeah, God commanded  that if you burn with passion for someone, that you marry that person.  And no, it doesn't mean that someone is against their faith if they do have sex outside of marriage, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a sin.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2007, 11:51:14 pm »
i guess the best part of this whole thing is that, god is a forgiving god.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2007, 12:27:07 am »
Eh, Religion is man-made. God did not create religion.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2007, 05:50:38 am »
God let humans glance upon Jesus, and religion was modeled after something modeled after God :P

So it's 1/4 perfect? :O

*runs away and eats cheese for saying stupid statements*

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2007, 07:52:31 am »
God let humans glance upon Jesus, and religion was modeled after something modeled after God :P

So it's 1/4 perfect? :O

*runs away and eats cheese for saying stupid statements*
You're special.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2007, 10:51:28 am »
Gay marriages? Yes.
Religion bashing? Yes.
Why? Because I have the right to.
There is a fine line between bashing and debating.

I can't tell if I am bashing or debating. So I just said 'yes' anyway.
I don't know if this counts as bashing, but...

Just because religion has old-fasioned rules (such as saying no to gay marriages and homosexuality) doesn't mean they have to follow them. I mean, old rules in a MODERN society? Isn't it time they CHANGED them to suit the modern world?
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.