Author Topic: Marriage is a sacred institution!  (Read 55771 times)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage is a sacred institution!
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2007, 12:03:13 pm »
Gay marriages? Yes.
Religion bashing? Yes.
Why? Because I have the right to.
There is a fine line between bashing and debating.

I can't tell if I am bashing or debating. So I just said 'yes' anyway.
I don't know if this counts as bashing, but...

Just because religion has old-fasioned rules (such as saying no to gay marriages and homosexuality) doesn't mean they have to follow them. I mean, old rules in a MODERN society? Isn't it time they CHANGED them to suit the modern world?

ahhh perfectly worded.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:18 pm »
I think either everyone should be allowed to marry or nobody should be allowed to marry.

Anyways, my God thinks everyone deserves equality. The Christian God can kiss my *BLEEP*

Just because I am christian and belive in God does not mean I oppose Gay marriage, see my response in the gay marriage topic. All that is reallly steriotypes, you know.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2007, 10:15:56 am »
I think either everyone should be allowed to marry or nobody should be allowed to marry.

Anyways, my God thinks everyone deserves equality. The Christian God can kiss my *BLEEP*

Just because I am christian and belive in God does not mean I oppose Gay marriage, see my response in the gay marriage topic. All that is reallly steriotypes, you know.
Pretty well worded. I am Christian (sort of ish) and pro gay marriage and I know many who are. It's not like every religious person on the planet is a bible forcing physco. People constantly say Christian stereotype other people yet we are constantly stereotyped based off the small minority. Same goes for most religions.

And seeing as how religion is in this debate I want to rant. Some people are just downright ignorant. I was browsing a message board and some guy (i'd assume athiest by what is about to follow) had this sig:

[bah cant find it. will edit when i do but it kinda pissed me off. It showed how arrogant some people can be and that any person of any religion (athiesm IS a religion) can be ignorant or arrogant but doesn't mean that they are all.]

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2007, 10:31:01 am »

Pretty well worded. I am Christian (sort of ish) and pro gay marriage and I know many who are. It's not like every religious person on the planet is a bible forcing physco. People constantly say Christian stereotype other people yet we are constantly stereotyped based off the small minority. Same goes for most religions.

And seeing as how religion is in this debate I want to rant. Some people are just downright ignorant. I was browsing a message board and some guy (i'd assume athiest by what is about to follow) had this sig:

[bah cant find it. will edit when i do but it kinda pissed me off. It showed how arrogant some people can be and that any person of any religion (athiesm IS a religion) can be ignorant or arrogant but doesn't mean that they are all.]

I agree. It's just like saying all muslims want to murder everyone

J.R.

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2007, 10:57:59 am »

Yup.  Atheism is the religious practice of denouncing the existance of God.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2007, 01:07:37 pm »
The ones truly without a religion are us Agnostics.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2007, 02:08:46 pm »
The ones truly without a religion are us Agnostics.
I suppose. Agnostics believe in the possibility of a God, correct, they just aren't entirely convinced? Or am I off completely?

As for the sig thing. I'll just say what it was as I can't find it. It had a picture of a bomb and had the text "Athiests don't make car bombs."

That pissed me off. First off, when was the last time there was actual warfare between nations over religion, other than in the middle east? And even then, to what I have understood, Islam radicals are misinterpreting their bible, many people of Islam believe in peace. Think about it. It's like saying Buddhists go on mass killings. It's just a downright ignorant statement.

And on the gay marriage debate, I'll add this (referring to the point that the bible says it's 'bad'):

Yeah...masturbating is apparently "bad" too, but it's not illegal (in most states...) is it? Sex before marriage is "bad" according to the bible yet it isn't illegal. Worshiping a God other than the Christian one, according to the bible, is "bad" and yet we have freedom of religion. Lust is "bad" and yet Cinemax hasn't closed down (couldn't resist :p)

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:40 pm »
Muslim sterotypes piss me off the most.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2007, 04:17:23 pm »
Allah is the same as the Christian God, so I don't see what the argument there is about.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2007, 06:33:19 pm »

Religion is a set of beliefs that guide your life.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a higher diety.

You don't see a set beliefs for Atheism. However, you do see a set of beliefs guiding Christianity.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:07 pm »

same for me and also Christian sterotypes. People freak out when they see a Muslim like "Oh My God please show some mercy and don't suicide bomb me."

Christians don't have to oppose gay marriage, don't always pray before every single meal, don't always try not to sin, etc.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2007, 06:39:47 pm »

Christians don't have to oppose gay marriage, don't always try not to sin, etc.
err... last time I checked they do...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2007, 06:46:16 pm »

Christians don't have to oppose gay marriage, don't always try not to sin, etc.
err... last time I checked they do...
She meant that not all Christians do not do those things, you know that Kevin, your .004 % smarter than that :p

J.R.

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59:44 pm »

Religion is a set of beliefs that guide your life.

Atheism is the lack of belief in a higher diety.

You don't see a set beliefs for Atheism. However, you do see a set of beliefs guiding Christianity.

Agnostics lack a set a beliefs.  Denouncing God is a guiding practice of Atheists.  A religious practice within itself.

Patback399

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2007, 06:14:44 am »
Atheism is based on not pronouncing God, not denouncing God.