Author Topic: Comparing DSL  (Read 2435 times)

CloneTrooperX

Comparing DSL
« on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:05 am »
I'm confused. My dad plans to to switch back to EMBARQ considering he can't pay for Road Runner anymore(even though we are going back to RR next year). Who is truly faster? EMBARQ or Road Runner?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:15:17 am by Kasumi »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing DSL
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:50:16 pm »
I've heard of Road Runner, but not the other.

Where in the US do you live? Might help with a decision :)

Check and see if you can get Verizon FIOS while you're at it, cause it'll definently be the fastest no matter what :P

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 01:53:52 pm »
Well to start things off I live in North Carolina. I've Heard of Verizon FIOS before. How much do you have to pay each month?

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:00:52 pm »
I pay 35$ a month for 5mb download and 2mb upload. It differs per region for speed and price cause they're still building an initial userbase and testing stuff out with it. They'll also be releasing a TV service that'll rival Comcast and other area providers with alot of the content in high-def.

Everything with the install is free. EVERYTHING. Free wireless router, free running fiberoptic cables into your house, free everything. Its beautiful.

Go on the verizon website and look up and see if you can get it. They have a phone number checker thingie on there that'll look up and see if FIOS is available at your address (NOT DSL lol....although mine is still listed as unavailable...hmmm lol).