Author Topic: virginia tech shooting  (Read 36628 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Re: virginia tech shooting
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 08:47:52 pm »
How do people get illegal drugs?

Same answer.

But if one person stole a gun can't the other?
I want to be the first one to go "What the dolphin noise?" Your logic just gets more and more abstract. You try to sound waaaay out there. Being abstract doesn't make you look smarter or more mature tbh.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 08:18:14 am »
Let's burn all of our guns and carry around clubs
All Time

Weekly

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 09:53:15 am »
How do people get illegal drugs?

Same answer.
But if one person stole a gun can't the other?
Only if need arose to actually have a gun in everyday life to defend yourself would we start stealing to obtain guns to protect ourselves.

The reason why people still go after drugs when they aren't a daily essential is because of the addiction to them. To those people, they are an essentiality.

Now that were men

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 11:48:34 am »
   Guns shouldln't be completely outlawed, beacuse out laws are still just going to get there hands on the through illegal methods. If outlaws have guns and we don't, whos gunna fight them off? The cops? Yeah, probally, but what some one breaks in. The cops won't show for about another 30 minutes after you call, and that could be a life or death situation.   You shouldn't be able to but a working gun under the age of 21, or some age.  Online it said gun buying security in Virginna wasn't very high- correct me if I'm worng, but all the kid needed to do was answer a survey and show the a lincence and stuff. I didn't think he even had to take a course on safety... Kids of course, still could get there paws on guns from there parents, but its a completely different story when they buy the gun...

Patback399

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »
I believe guns shouldn't be completely banned. I believe guns are useful, not for defending yourselves or attacking dangerous criminals (the police can do that), but in case a coup d'etat arises.

As my favorite politician once said: "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

J.R.

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 02:47:56 pm »
I believe guns shouldn't be completely banned. I believe guns are useful, not for defending yourselves or attacking dangerous criminals (the police can do that), but in case a coup d'etat arises.

As my favorite politician once said: "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Ermmm...yeah.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 07:03:15 pm »
Code: [Select]
lawl nice use of [b]

spongey snail

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 07:57:46 pm »
Yeah we had a lock down practice drill at school today.pretty scary seeing what we might have to go through if that ever happened at my school.

Patback399

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 08:11:31 pm »

Ermmm...yeah.

Sometimes my mouth is so full with parts from other people, that I don't know what comes out.

What I really mean is that people really need to stop relying on violence to solve problems. Guns should be hard to obtain, but still be obtainable, in the case that your own government turns on you. No guns off the internet, no guns in department and wholesale stores, and certainly not a free gun for a bank account.

J.R.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 09:27:21 pm »
That's fine, people shouldn't have easy access to guns, but responsible citizens who are psychologically sound should be well within their rights to own a gun for their own protection, be it from someone who is threatening their life or their own government.

Patback399

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 01:10:35 pm »
I agree, but I believe we should change the mindset of Americans.

J.R.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 04:56:54 pm »
Good luck with that one.

Patback399

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 07:35:31 pm »
Good luck with that one.

Heh, yeah.

We need a better education system.

All major issues are interconnected.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 01:27:06 pm »
With this whole shooting, I'm seeing a BUNCH of copycats everywhere. In my state 5 or 6 schools have already gotten threats and such. Another thing on my mind with this, is why are they showing the video of him "explaining" himself on the news? It's giving him what he wanted. Infamy. It's absolutley disgusting to show that to people. Is nothing sacred anymore? We have to share everything with the world, and thats not how it should be. anyway. This guy was deeply disturbed. I don't think we should be focusing on gun controls right now.. just remembering all who died that day. It's pathetic that as a country, with this whole tradgedy we are using it to get eachothers points accross on completley other subjects, such as video games, gun laws, telivision, etc. The way this man wrote.. acted.. it shoudln't have been ignored. It really goes to show the world that we have to pay attention, say "hello" to the kid in your gemoetry class that is extra quiet, gets picked on, has a tough time.. whatever be the case. Be human.

[/rant]

Patback399

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 04:16:04 pm »
With this whole shooting, I'm seeing a BUNCH of copycats everywhere. In my state 5 or 6 schools have already gotten threats and such. Another thing on my mind with this, is why are they showing the video of him "explaining" himself on the news? It's giving him what he wanted. Infamy. It's absolutley disgusting to show that to people. Is nothing sacred anymore? We have to share everything with the world, and thats not how it should be. anyway. This guy was deeply disturbed. I don't think we should be focusing on gun controls right now.. just remembering all who died that day. It's pathetic that as a country, with this whole tradgedy we are using it to get eachothers points accross on completley other subjects, such as video games, gun laws, telivision, etc. The way this man wrote.. acted.. it shoudln't have been ignored. It really goes to show the world that we have to pay attention, say "hello" to the kid in your gemoetry class that is extra quiet, gets picked on, has a tough time.. whatever be the case. Be human.

[/rant]

It's getting harder everyday.