Author Topic: virginia tech shooting  (Read 38442 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: virginia tech shooting
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »
What I hate is this. Sometimes during the year, when you go to the mall, There are pictures that Elementary School kids drew hanging on the handrails. Basically, they say guns are evil no matter what.  WHY are they brainwashing kids? That isn't right, in my opinion. They should be encouraged to form their own opinion, not beleive what they are told without questioniong...

Offline Shinya

• Gary
  • 널 앤드 보이드
    • View Profile
    • spambots hmu
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 07:36:36 pm »
With this whole shooting, I'm seeing a BUNCH of copycats everywhere. In my state 5 or 6 schools have already gotten threats and such. Another thing on my mind with this, is why are they showing the video of him "explaining" himself on the news? It's giving him what he wanted. Infamy. It's absolutley disgusting to show that to people. Is nothing sacred anymore? We have to share everything with the world, and thats not how it should be. anyway. This guy was deeply disturbed. I don't think we should be focusing on gun controls right now.. just remembering all who died that day. It's pathetic that as a country, with this whole tradgedy we are using it to get eachothers points accross on completley other subjects, such as video games, gun laws, telivision, etc. The way this man wrote.. acted.. it shoudln't have been ignored. It really goes to show the world that we have to pay attention, say "hello" to the kid in your gemoetry class that is extra quiet, gets picked on, has a tough time.. whatever be the case. Be human.

[/rant]

I'm one of those people... ;-;
[HIDEOUT]

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 10:32:53 pm »
With this whole shooting, I'm seeing a BUNCH of copycats everywhere. In my state 5 or 6 schools have already gotten threats and such. Another thing on my mind with this, is why are they showing the video of him "explaining" himself on the news? It's giving him what he wanted. Infamy. It's absolutley disgusting to show that to people. Is nothing sacred anymore? We have to share everything with the world, and thats not how it should be. anyway. This guy was deeply disturbed. I don't think we should be focusing on gun controls right now.. just remembering all who died that day. It's pathetic that as a country, with this whole tradgedy we are using it to get eachothers points accross on completley other subjects, such as video games, gun laws, telivision, etc. The way this man wrote.. acted.. it shoudln't have been ignored. It really goes to show the world that we have to pay attention, say "hello" to the kid in your gemoetry class that is extra quiet, gets picked on, has a tough time.. whatever be the case. Be human.

[/rant]

I'm one of those people... ;-;

hello!!

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 11:57:57 am »
What I hate is this. Sometimes during the year, when you go to the mall, There are pictures that Elementary School kids drew hanging on the handrails. Basically, they say guns are evil no matter what.  WHY are they brainwashing kids? That isn't right, in my opinion. They should be encouraged to form their own opinion, not beleive what they are told without questioniong...
It's school, they've always brainwashed students.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Patback399

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 01:55:45 pm »

Why do we only learn about Gandhi and not Reginald Dyer? Why do they teach us Hitler was a bad person? What if I believed Hitler had good ideas?

Because when a gun is pointed at your head, are you pro-violence or anti-violence?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 05:32:52 pm »
Guns are NEVER good. They can be used to protect yourselves, but that doesn't make them a good thing. I wish there were ways to avoid gun use, but it doesn't make them good.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 12:58:08 pm »
^^^ I could get involved in this fight, but I just don't feel like it.

J.R.

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 01:33:37 pm »
Guns are NEVER good. They can be used to protect yourselves, but that doesn't make them a good thing. I wish there were ways to avoid gun use, but it doesn't make them good.

Defense.
Sport.
Hunting for food.

Patback399

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »

Defense.
Sport.
Hunting for food.

Right, but sometimes the bad outweighs the good.

J.R.

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 02:57:15 pm »
The gun is a tool.  Just like any other tool, it can be devastating when in the wrong hands.  Doesn't mean its always a bad thing.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 05:48:10 pm »
in my mind, you can tell kids that guns are good for defense, sport, and hunting for food only in California and Montana. Cause Cali is just #!@%ed up and Montana preschoolers learn early how to cockaimandbang.

J.R.

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:55 pm »
in my mind, you can tell kids that guns are good for defense, sport, and hunting for food only in California and Montana. Cause Cali is just #!@%ed up and Montana preschoolers learn early how to cockaimandbang.

And how is my state "#!@%ed up"?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 07:43:59 pm »
I am pretty sure he is joshing you.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 04:12:52 am »
And how is my state "#!@%ed up"?
How isn't cali fked up?

J.R.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:35 am »
Our economy by itself is larger than a good number of countries in the world. (13% of America's overall GDP)
We set the bar for emissions standards in vehicles and are the strictest state in enforcing them.
We have over a dozen well-known and accomplished universities.
We are one of the most culturally diverse states in the United States.
Our agricultural industry is the largest in the country, unless I'm wrong.
Education receives almost half of our state's overall income.

We make alotta your movies.  :P
Our cows pwn Wisconsin's cows.  :P

The only real thing I dont like about my state is cost of housing.