Author Topic: Hmmm....  (Read 23965 times)

Burnam Wood

Re: Hmmm....
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 03:01:31 pm »
Having actually read "The Merchant of Venice" many times...

I feel that when it comes to text, any text, if it's not written outright, it's open to interpretation. Your teacher is an idiot for choosing not to listen to your theory. While there is no hard evidence that Antonio is a gay man, it's certainly possible.

On a side note, it's interesting to me that the majority of the people who bring up this discussion and believe that Antonio is, in fact, a homosexual, are straight themselves.

Patback399

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 03:43:24 pm »
Having actually read "The Merchant of Venice" many times...

I feel that when it comes to text, any text, if it's not written outright, it's open to interpretation. Your teacher is an idiot for choosing not to listen to your theory. While there is no hard evidence that Antonio is a gay man, it's certainly possible.

On a side note, it's interesting to me that the majority of the people who bring up this discussion and believe that Antonio is, in fact, a homosexual, are straight themselves.

What are you implying?

You know, Shakespeare was gay. He usually had ten to twenty boyfriends at a time.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:07 pm »
You always bring that up in almost every debate. Remember when Saddam was hanged? You brought that up. Get a newspaper, man. Shakespeare's been dead for 400 years.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 10:06:51 pm »
old news. noob that started this topic hung himself after the first 20 replies.

oh wait...

*dead*