Poll

What are your views on gay marriage?

I am pro-gay marriage and pro-civil unions. Everyone deserves the right to marry.
I am pro-civil unions and anti-gay marriage. Marriage is between one man and one women but same sex couples still deserve government benefits.
I am anti-civil unions and pro-gay marriage. Civil unions just aren't enough. Same sex couples deserve marriage.
I am anti-civil unions and anti-gay marriage. Marriage should equal one man and one women. Period. No exceptions.
I do not believe in the establishment of marriage.
I don't really care.
Other (please specify)

Author Topic: Gay Marriage Poll  (Read 54579 times)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Gay Marriage Poll
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 05:56:01 pm »
christianity doesn't need to be derooted from anything...we just need more liberal christians that would never do stuff like that...

like me :)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 02:25:26 am »
christianity doesn't need to be derooted from anything...we just need more liberal christians that would never do stuff like that...

like me :)

LIIIIES!!!
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 02:19:14 pm »
Liberal Christians? What's next? Conservative Atheists?

Patback399

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is a neocon atheist out there.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »

I pray, therefore I am :P

Rabble

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »
I voted I don't really care.

Let the gay be gay.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:36 pm »
This is another reason Christianity needs to be de-rooted from America... because you get stupid fundie judges like that who would rather a child be homeless than be with a loving same sex couple. Sickening.

um... I'm sorry but I am a Christian and I support Gay marrage. I really don't go by ALL Christian beliefs. Like other people before me said, Love is love, If you love someone, you should be allowed to marry them, homosexual or not. I'm mad at my state now. Just because a mom is lesbian dosen't mean you have to separate her child from her. The child might not turn out like her mother. I want to go to another state. Georgia's being really stupid. I can't belive they would do such a thing to that poor child! She probably gets really upset over mother's day and things like that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:26:02 pm by Goofy_Goober_Girl »

Chrono

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:35 am »
I am pro-gay marriage and pro-civil unions. Everyone deserves the right to marry.

If you're in love, you deserve marriage. Therefore, I am pro gay marriage.

Band8PGeek

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 04:30:28 am »
I am part of the (currently) 68% who are in favour of civil unions and gay marriages. (And not just because I'm a slash fanatic xD)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 09:19:08 am »
This is another reason Christianity needs to be de-rooted from America... because you get stupid fundie judges like that who would rather a child be homeless than be with a loving same sex couple. Sickening.

um... I'm sorry but I am a Christian and I support Gay marrage. I really don't go by ALL Christian beliefs. Like other people before me said, Love is love, If you love someone, you should be allowed to marry them, homosexual or not. I'm mad at my state now. Just because a mom is lesbian dosen't mean you have to separate her child from her. The child might not turn out like her mother. I want to go to another state. Georgia's being really stupid. I can't belive they would do such a thing to that poor child! She probably gets really upset over mother's day and things like that.
Sounds like you're in the wrong religion.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 11:07:06 am »
Every religion is the wrong religion. Even Atheism, Kevin =p

Sb129

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »
I'm pro-gay marriage & anyone who isn't is dumb. I mean who really cares what other people's personal lifes are? Plus, if you're really religous...Why did God make those people gay huh? Because he dosen't care if your straight or gay.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:37 pm »
See, I was referring to a certain type of religions. You know, ones that are actually religions.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »
See, I was referring to a certain type of religions. You know, ones that are actually religions. You believe (so far, what seems "religiously") in the lack of a God.

Atheism is a religion. By the definition of religion, atheism is a religion. I don't see how you can't accept that. It's a religion that does not believe in a God. And really, why is it even that big of a deal?

And this is why everyone hates Christians. They generalize the religion into making people think that YOU MUST DISLIKE THIS, YOU MUST HATE THAT. You don't have to, the point of the religion is to have a personal relationship with God, not tell people how to eat, think, and breath.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:45:08 pm by IceFox »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 03:05:37 pm »
See, I was referring to a certain type of religions. You know, ones that are actually religions. You believe (so far, what seems "religiously") in the lack of a God.

Atheism is a religion. By the definition of religion, atheism is a religion. I don't see how you can't accept that. It's a religion that does not believe in a God. And really, why is it even that big of a deal?

And this is why everyone hates Christians. They generalize the religion into making people think that YOU MUST DISLIKE THIS, YOU MUST HATE THAT. You don't have to, the point of the religion is to have a personal relationship with God, not tell people how to eat, think, and breath.
The reason I disagree with the idea of atheism as a religion is because it would be saying that it's got some sort of set of beliefs guiding the follower's lives. and no, I don't "religiously" believe in the lack of a god, I'm  just in opposition to Christianity.

but the thing I don't get is how can you say that you fully support a religion, but only agree with parts of it? I understand you might not find things nearly as severe as other things, but it'd still be bad. From what I've read, the Bible is pretty set on homosexuality being bad.