It sounds really bad.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Re: ...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:10:21 pm »
How could they make a movie off something without a plot?

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 07:55:47 am »
Worst. Idea. EVER!

Have films actually sunk so low that people have to make movies based on games that have absolutely no plot.  This is the worst idea for a film since they decided to make a movie based on Pac-Man.

According to an article that I read, this is what they think the film could be about:

SIMS Studio head Robert Humble sees more in the game than that. He says, “The SIMS has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it.”

I have a couple of things to say about that.

1.  Thats not a good plotline.

2.  If they wanted to do a film about that, then why did they need to spend all that money on the Sims liscence to do it?  You could easily make a film with that plot without the Sims.  Of course, without a big name attached to it, no one would watch it.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 08:03:28 am »
nomg....

it's gonna be one of those ones where we call or text in to determine what is gonna happen, but it'll be live....

Sb129

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:11 am »
Ooookay..... Fox is hungry for money now that there's no more SW movies.  :rolleyes:

:P

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:52:54 pm »
 :angry: noooooooooooo

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 05:16:12 pm »
nomg....

it's gonna be one of those ones where we call or text in to determine what is gonna happen, but it'll be live....

i would do it :p

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 09:01:15 pm »
Well this can't be any worse then that "Tim and Eric Show" which has to be one of the worst show's I've ever seen in my life.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Patback399

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 09:02:52 pm »
Well this can't be any worse then that "Tim and Eric Show" which has to be one of the worst show's I've ever seen in my life.

Take it back!

Just joking. I actually like the show.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:49:20 pm »
I'm Internet-friends with the writer, Brian Lynch. He's hilarious. Some of the stuff he's done:

-He mostly does punch-ups for scripts that studios aren't sure are strong enough yet. One of his jokes made it into Scary Movie 3 (although I haven't seen the movie, and I don't know what joke it is), and he did an uncredited re-write for Robots. Also, there's a notoriously somewhat famous story about how he was hired to write a new Winnie the Pooh movie, but was immediately let go when he tried to slip in the line "Tigger, please."

-He sold a script to the Henson company about ten years ago called The Next Muppet Movie. The story follows Kermit as he tries to bring the Muppets back together as they go their separate ways and pursue new careers - Gonzo is the new James Bond, Miss Piggy as a talk show, Animal becomes a rapper, et cetera. Lynch is one of the biggest Muppet fans I know, and according to those who have read the script, it's a movie that's begging to be made. Unfortunately, it's been ten years since the script was bought and no movement has been made, so it's kinda silly to still think it could happen.

-He published a comic mini-series last year called Spike: Asylum. It follows Spike, one of the most loved characters in the Buffy the Vampir Slayer/Angel universe, as he commits himself to an insane asylum and fights lots of monsters and stuff. It was really awesome, and it really felt like an episode of one of those two shows. Soon, a second series, called Spike: Shadow Puppets will start coming out as well. Spike: Asylum was such a hit that Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel creator Joss Whedon hired Lynch to write an Angel season six series of sorts (the show lasted five seasons, and this comic will be a continuation of that). That's pretty damn cool, considering that when Spike: Asylum first debuted in September, Whedon had never heard of Brian Lynch. And it's also cool considering that Whedon isn't too familiar with the comics based on his own creations.

Here's what Brian has to say, via his MySpace blog.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words about The Sims movie announcement. I really appreciate it. And I learned a little something this week. The first negative internet reaction to a movie you're working on stings a bit. But by the fourth or fifth, it's kinda funny. By the tenth it's pretty hilarious.

The thing that is really helpful is the simple fact that every single person besides myself, the folks at Fox, John Davis and EA have NO idea what the movie is about, so the internet's guesses, while funny, are completely wrong. As such, hearing people's guesses is my new favorite internet past time, replacing watching Will Ferrell fighting with his one year old landlord.

The fact that people are assuming the wrong thing about the plot of The Sims is understandable; if I heard they were making a movie about the game I'd also jump to conclusions. What IS weird is the fact that because Variety credited me as the writer of Scary Movie 3, every internet site is declaring me the writer of Scary Movie 3. Which, you know, would take a quick glance at my IMDb page to fact-check, but movie internet sites are too busy coming up with puns for their headlines to do so. I understand that too, as Variety said so it MUST be gospel truth, but whatever.

To set the record straight, I wrote jokes for Scary Movie 3. A lot of people did, uncredited. I was one of many. Some of jokes made it into the movie, most did not. I did not write Scary Movie 3. This MySpace blog has just become more factual than any movie news site on the web, which is kinda neat.

Anyway, The Sims has a great idea and will have a great script. Hopefully you all see the movie when it comes out and enjoy it.

So, basically, trust me when I say this isn't gonna be something that Fox is just churning out for a quick buck. This is gonna be a real movie with a real plot, and it's gonna be funny. I promise you.

Patback399

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 10:59:14 pm »
Okay, so we're supposed to believe this is going to be good movie because you supposedly know the guy who's writing it.

Pardon my French, but that's just [[::(Dolphin Noise)::]].

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 11:00:10 pm »
Yeah, you are.

Patback399

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 11:13:46 pm »
The thing I hate about this whole movie is that you Hollywood liberals will probably leave Jesus out of it all.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 11:19:48 pm »
Jesus is a friggin' producer on the thing, man. He can't produce AND act. It's impossible!

Patback399

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 11:22:08 pm »
Jesus would never produce such a thing. The Sims is an obvious proponent of polytheism, in that millions of people play the game. Therefore, the Sims have millions of gods. It's filth.