Author Topic: Movie Cliches  (Read 16094 times)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Cliches
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:01 am »
High School Musical sucked...bad actors, bad lip synching and bad lip synchers for the lip sycnhers...plus it had uncreative and  unoriginal lyrics.  And the crappiest title ever... :p

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( 

i love hsm.
and i cant wait for hsm2.
and i have the board game..
and i can do the "we're all in this together" dance.
not cooooooool.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:07 am »
Most musicals from the 90's and before were usually spectacular (the ones daniel listed, south park, rent [play not movie], etc). And there are still good ones though. Rent (movie), The Producers, etc.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:33 am »
Scilla, it is OK for YOU.

Cause you are an idiot.

=)

Sb129

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:03 pm »
This No way out for The Sith and Hobgoblin in other things The Empire and Hobgoblin both wore hoods on ther heads! HA HA HA HA HA!
What's that have to do with movies? Hob Goblin isn't in any S-M movies. :unsure:

Daniel, that was too funny man!  ^_^
Seriously HSM, is the worst piece of crap I've ever been forced to watch.

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 07:17:57 am »
This No way out for The Sith and Hobgoblin in other things The Empire and Hobgoblin both wore hoods on ther heads! HA HA HA HA HA!
What's that have to do with movies? Hob Goblin isn't in any S-M movies. :unsure:

Have you seen Epic Movie? Watch that, and then you wont be able to say that truthfully anymore.

Personally, I liked HSM.  I thought it was pretty good, especially considering it was a made for TV movie.  But im not going to learn the steps to the songs or buy the CD or anything.  I didnt like it that much.  I also do not think that it deserves all the hype it's getting.

Sb129

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 06:36:09 pm »
No I'll still probably think that though Epic Movie looks pretty crappy so is Date Movie. That list is wrong on the coughing thing, General Grievous coughed like every 2 freakin' seconds. :P

ilovespongebob

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 02:50:33 am »
i read some thing about movie cliches, it said "in an action movie, if u are running from a bad guy, you can hide in the nearest st patricks day parade and blend in"

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 06:20:36 pm »
lmao
what?
that doesn't make sense...

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 06:33:49 pm »
lmao
what?
laugh my ass off.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 06:37:27 pm »
no...
I meant the St.Patricks day thing.

I know what lmao means

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 06:51:47 pm »

Have you seen Epic Movie? Watch that, and then you wont be able to say that truthfully anymore.

Personally, I liked HSM.  I thought it was pretty good, especially considering it was a made for TV movie.  But im not going to learn the steps to the songs or buy the CD or anything.  I didnt like it that much.  I also do not think that it deserves all the hype it's getting.

:/
:'[

Banshee 1919

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 08:04:39 pm »
In Japanese horror films:
1. The victim can be either male or female, but the avenger is often times a female.

In anime:

1. Bookish and gadget-loving geeks tend to have round-white glasses (most of them if not all and very ocassionally formal clothing), usually the portrayal is better than in America which ironically the same nation that brought you NASA, Microsoft and the iPod. The anime-manga lovers on the other hand are often portrayed in a bad or ambiguous light.

The media doesn't reflect reality. If the media is reality, then life would be organized than unexpected.

Sb129

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 02:57:15 pm »

:/
:'[

Sorry....But HSM is still the worst piece of crap I've ever seen. How would that effect you? Everyone else in the world seems to like it.  :rolleyes: :P

Banshee 1919

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 04:50:16 am »
This is not true with all media or genres. Some media (and genres) have their own cliches. Bettie is blonde but she isn't popular she was a nice girl, therefore this is not always true with comic books and fantasy (and science fiction and horror, including Asian horror) they have their own stereotypes like paladin, wizard and so on. But heck, I don't care.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 08:13:55 am »
lmao
what?
laugh my ass off.
no the thing about the parade doesn't make sense. i know what lmao means.