Author Topic: Scientific Evidence God Exists?  (Read 20463 times)

J.R.

Re: Scientific Evidence God Exists?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 12:50:55 pm »
God does not exist in the physical realm of the universe, He is outside of time and space and matter. 
And you say "flawed" but there is no flaw in it.  No way to bring down creationism.  So it's only flawed to those who don't believe.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 01:24:15 pm »
Nothing can be outside of time, it doesn't make sense to me... and you're right. Creationism is based solely on faith and faith alone. You either believe in it or you don't. But my disbeleif in it comes from a lack of physical evidence. But anyways, I respect your beliefs Jeremy. I am not calling Creationism crap. I am just saying it is completely faith based... nothing more, nothing less.

Patback399

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 07:58:42 am »
I don't believe any of these theories contradict each other.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 08:07:23 pm »
I think you had a great point there Scilla, however, there is one thing in your second post I disagree with. (ready to get bashed here) In my opinion, I would like to bring up something I learned a few years ago.
Scientists have now come up with necesary items needed for "life as we know it", which they refer to as the Goldilocks conditions, bringing us to the old stories about the three bears where, for Goldilocks everything had to be "just right", hence the name. The assumed conditions for these planets are:
{Liquid water
Suitable Atmosphere (oxygen, hydrogen)
Suitable temp. conditions
Suitable amt. of gravity (not too little; not too much)
Suitable air pressure conditions}
However, in my opinion, these "Goldilocks conditions" may not apply to all beings in the universe (ex: Extra Terrestrial beings) Which brings us to your comment about how "our galaxy (a spiral galaxy) is a rare type which is one of the only galaxies that can obtain life" going back to my point on the "Goldi Conditions" and how they may not apply to all beings in the universe. If my point of view is true, it may be possible to support life on planets where the central star may give off microwaves or x-rays, and for that matter, even (only) ultraviolet or infared rays. OR, another point of mine is to make clear that thier may be planets where beings do not need sunlight. We have proof of that here on earth. "Where?" you may ask, and my answer would be that deep underwater, on the ocean floor, marine bioligists have found rare and bizarre species of fish and marine animals (ex tubeworms) that do not require sunlight. I think I've proved my point, shared my opinion, and contributed my part to the debate. I hope you found my point fairly interesting.

mandy30277

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 01:31:31 pm »
Im finally active again. But I think I have proof. Every easter, candles around the grave of Jesus suddenly set fire without being lit and the fire doesnt burn. This must mean Jesus is perotecting us. And if Jesus isnt in the tomb or on Earth, where is he? In heaven? And you hear how god is powerful. Jesus is god. And how do you explain how the fire cant burn? Science? If someone can have those powers it may be god. But if youre atheist, that okay with me. Thats why I think god is real.

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 03:31:03 pm »
cool....i never knew that.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 04:52:47 pm »
Im finally active again. But I think I have proof. Every easter, candles around the grave of Jesus suddenly set fire without being lit and the fire doesnt burn. This must mean Jesus is perotecting us. And if Jesus isnt in the tomb or on Earth, where is he? In heaven? And you hear how god is powerful. Jesus is god. And how do you explain how the fire cant burn? Science? If someone can have those powers it may be god. But if youre atheist, that okay with me. Thats why I think god is real.
There are so many things wrong with that post, I don't know where to begin.

Patback399

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 07:36:10 pm »

How about where the fire can't burn?

mandy30277

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 07:53:15 am »
Well my grandparents actually touched the flame. Its true. Im not lying. But could you guys quit saying, oh that doesnt make sense. It does to me and I hate when all you atheists have to use your logic science crap to prove eveybody wrong.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 08:39:02 am »
Well my grandparents actually touched the flame. Its true. Im not lying. But could you guys quit saying, oh that doesnt make sense. It does to me and I hate when all you atheists have to use your logic science crap to prove eveybody wrong.
1. I don't believe they've ever even found the tomb of Jesus.
2. Jesus isn't God. Jesus claimed to be the SON of God.
3. I think that if there was something such as you were saying, it would gain far more attention.
4. Are you actually saying all atheists have to back up their opinion is logic?

Patback399

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 10:06:43 am »
SCIENCE SUCKS!

Too much thinking!

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 12:04:40 pm »
.... I truly do believe in God, but I think I'll have to agree with IZ on that one.

Anyway, about the "God existing outside of time" thing... It does seem bizarre that something can exist without both a beginning and an end, but it is my belief that this is simply due to our inability to comprehend things of a spiritual nature, as we have only ever known existence on a physical plane. We can only see our own physical universe, as well as its innumerable limitations, and that naturally makes us skeptical of what we don't understand. I myself don't believe that God can be proven 100% using scientific evidence, because science can only be used to explain the physical world. However I do believe that since the Universe is a physical thing, it had to have had a beginning, and will at some point have to have an end. And to me, evidence such as that given by Scilla in the first post of this topic suggests that the physical Universe is much too complex to have happened by chance, and that at some point someone would have had to "design" us. This, in my opinion, rules out the theory of evolution in general, and points a strong finger towards the idea of Intelligent Design.
           As for my argument of God being that Intelligent Designer, I need only to look at His sacred book, otherwise known as the Holy Bible- Here is a work that was written over hundreds of years (possibly thousands, I'm not completely sure of the time frame) by several various authors, and yet the only contradictions that can be found in it are mistakes made by modern-day translators (and even these are usually very minor.) Now to me, a book of about a thousand pages in length written by dozens of different authors over an incredibly vast period of time is bound to contain innumerable contradictions, and the fact that the Bible is just that book except flawless in continuity makes me think that its existence would be almost impossible without some sort of Divine Intervention there to guide its authorship- A. K. A. The Almighty God.
                  So no, I do not believe that during mankind's stay on this Earth we will ever be able to prove God's existence scientifically, but I do believe that the evidence pointing to His existence is extremely overwhelming if thought through carefully enough.

mandy30277

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 05:04:15 pm »
Okay I have an anouncement. I have denounced my faith. Its not because of you guys or anything. Its because I realized if God existed and did everything he said he would do for his children in the Bible, my life would be better. Ive prayed and worshipped him, and he makes my life a living nightmare. And theres no proof he exists. That thing I said is true, but is it really because of Jesus. He existed and he believed in God, but was there any proof he was the son of God? Why would God, who loves his son, let his one and only child take the punishment of many when Jesus was a good person. And the Bible is hypocritical. It says gays should be put to death, but one of the ten commandments says "Thou shalt not killl." And it says "Man is the glory of God. Women are the glory of men." Women are inferior to men? But I feel deceived. Ive always thought God was by my side. I thought I was never alone. But I was wrong. Im all alone in life, no one to protect me. And I feel stupid and humiliated. I always thought he would do good things for me, but I was wrong. He isnt there and will never do anything for me, because he doesnt exist. Im crying because of this.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 06:11:50 pm »
Shame. How old are you?

mandy30277

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 06:40:01 am »
Im 12. But Im proud to get all this off my chest. i feel as if Im now following what is the truth.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:42:01 am by mandy30277 »