Author Topic: Scientific Evidence God Exists?  (Read 20491 times)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Scientific Evidence God Exists?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 11:13:04 am »
Okay, take no offense to this but I definitely think its way too early for you to be renouncing your religion. You haven't given it a chance, you're hardly old enough to understand god.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 01:43:08 pm »
Okay I have an anouncement. I have denounced my faith. Its not because of you guys or anything. Its because I realized if God existed and did everything he said he would do for his children in the Bible, my life would be better. Ive prayed and worshipped him, and he makes my life a living nightmare. And theres no proof he exists. That thing I said is true, but is it really because of Jesus. He existed and he believed in God, but was there any proof he was the son of God? Why would God, who loves his son, let his one and only child take the punishment of many when Jesus was a good person. And the Bible is hypocritical. It says gays should be put to death, but one of the ten commandments says "Thou shalt not killl." And it says "Man is the glory of God. Women are the glory of men." Women are inferior to men? But I feel deceived. Ive always thought God was by my side. I thought I was never alone. But I was wrong. Im all alone in life, no one to protect me. And I feel stupid and humiliated. I always thought he would do good things for me, but I was wrong. He isnt there and will never do anything for me, because he doesnt exist. Im crying because of this.
       I can understand how you feel, but God never promised following Him would be easy... In fact, he promises quite the opposite; that following him will be a difficult road and will be filled with persecution. Take the story of Job for instance- One of the most upright and godly men of his time, yet everything he had from his family to his health were taken from him. But he still followed God, and in the end he was rewarded even more richly than he had been before. And that's what God promises- Very rough times here on the Earth, but an almighty reward after this life is over- an eternity in heaven.
          So yeah, I strongly agree with Scilla... I really hope you consider thinking this over some more..

mandy30277

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 10:24:33 am »
Well I dont know. I mean it just doesnt make sense anymore. Im not sure what to believe. I mean theres no proof also. But you may have a point. I think that I should follow my heart, and be atheist until I find the right path.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 12:53:30 pm »
Well I dont know. I mean it just doesnt make sense anymore. Im not sure what to believe. I mean theres no proof also. But you may have a point. I think that I should follow my heart, and be atheist until I find the right path.
Then you would be agnostic, am I correct?

J.R.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 06:07:04 pm »
Yep.

Patback399

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 07:57:05 pm »
Who says you need to find a path? Don't they all end up the same anyway?