Author Topic: Transfat/smoking bans  (Read 31308 times)

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Transfat/smoking bans
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57:26 am »
Haha I could careless about the trans fats. I like my food not fatty but still tasty. It could be worse. They could abolish all junk food. As for the smoking thing, I don't mind them banning it in indoor establishments but if you want to stand outside and smoke a cigarette you should be allowed to. If they ban smoking all together, they would hurt the economy. A lot of money is generated from nicotine addict's incomes believe it or not and it also creates jobs. Ban smoking in restaurants and places like that but let the smokers have their bars and whatnot.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:25 pm »
Oh yeah, if you are going to bar get used to the smoke.  A bar is a little different than a restaurant, it is not family oriented and much more optional.  Smoking in bars is cool by me.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 08:08:56 pm »
i don t think there should be any laws telling us what to do!  like i said, where does it all stop?

Patback399

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 08:45:41 pm »
i don t think there should be any laws telling us what to do!  like i said, where does it all stop?

There should be more laws telling us what not to do!

spongehead 32

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 02:51:44 pm »
Without laws there is no order.

Without order there is no progress.

Without progess you wouldn't have a computer.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 11:07:13 pm »
SpongeHead that's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

spongehead 32

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 05:32:53 pm »
Tell me what you think is stupid about my statment.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 07:52:43 pm »

...Did you just suggest you are an anarchist?

BSBBSorokin

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 08:33:21 pm »
I am a smoker...I beleive people who do not smoke should be and are entitled to go places where it is not. If you can't go somewhere and not smoke, and you really need to smoke.....don't go to the place, and don't complain. Second hand smoke is worse than smoking. I can respect that of people and not smoke. We have places in PA where you can smoke and I will frequent them more. and if not, just go outside!

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 11:25:52 pm »
I'm not a friggen anarchist!  I don't think the government should control everybody!!!!!!!!  What are the gonna ban kitchen knives next?  They're dangerous! They can hurt people!  People should do for themselves!  If you like being banned from setting off fireworks on the 4th of july, whatever.

rage, love, rocknroll

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 11:42:44 pm »
You're absolutely right, MSP. If you wanna smoke yourself to death while harming others around you, that's your prerrogative, right? Why the hell doesn't the government mind its own bussiness and stop trying to improve the health of our nation?

Patback399

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 08:06:56 am »
You're all dirty, filthy communists.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
I am a smoker...I beleive people who do not smoke should be and are entitled to go places where it is not. If you can't go somewhere and not smoke, and you really need to smoke.....don't go to the place, and don't complain. Second hand smoke is worse than smoking. I can respect that of people and not smoke. We have places in PA where you can smoke and I will frequent them more. and if not, just go outside!
While it's obvious second hand smoke will harm you, it has never been actually proven, and it defiantly hasn't been proven that it is more harmful (though its probable that it is as it is more of a direct smoke intake)

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 12:12:51 am »
Improve the health of our nation!?  This is Totalitarianism!!!  I KNOW WHEN I GO INTO A MICKEY D'S IM SLOWLY KILLIN MYSELF! You got em, you smoke em!

Patback399

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 07:02:44 am »
Improve the health of our nation!?  This is Totalitarianism!!!  I KNOW WHEN I GO INTO A MICKEY D'S IM SLOWLY KILLIN MYSELF! You got em, you smoke em!

Dude...

Saying this is a totalitarianism is total disrespect for survivors of the regimes of Hitler and Stalin.