Author Topic: THE RETURN OF THE LATIN MASS!  (Read 28746 times)

J.R.

Re: THE RETURN OF THE LATIN MASS!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 08:53:11 am »
http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc-pope0711.artjul11,0,3692094.story

Nice...

Lol wow...I'm wondering what his goal was in "declaring" that, aside from pissing off prostestants that actually care about what he says.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 03:31:48 pm »
Let the idolatry begin!!!

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 04:59:26 am »
http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc-pope0711.artjul11,0,3692094.story

Nice...

Lol wow...I'm wondering what his goal was in "declaring" that, aside from pissing off prostestants that actually care about what he says.
Why don't they just have their Pope issue a statement? Oh wait. </Colbert>

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 11:27:31 pm »
Catholicism was the only Church founded by Jesus Christ!  The Pope is the descendant of St. Peter, the first Pope!  He is Peter, and I stand by him!  Of course we have always believed that the Catholic Church is one one true religion!  Why would anyone belong to it if we did not believe this?!!

J.R.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 09:10:36 am »
Lol.  There is no sole church of Christ.  A church is a church of Christ if it honestly teaches the Word of God and shows what being a Christian truly means.  This is not limited to any denomination or lack thereof.  And true Christianity isn't about "religion" or religious practices...It's about a personal relationship with Christ, striving always to be more like Him, and spreading the Word.

There's my two cents.

spongehead 32

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »
So are Christians only doing good things, not because they are good things to do, but because they are just trying to get more points on their jesus card?

J.R.

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »
Lol...

There is no "points".  No amount of good works can get you into heaven...can ever overwrite our wicked nature.  We are saved by grace and grace alone.  Christians do good things because they're the right things to do and through good deeds and selfless acts, it allows you to put yourself aside and draw closer to God.

spongehead 32

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 05:29:21 pm »
Well then it's not trully selfless then. If it's done to ultimately get closer to god.

J.R.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 05:38:17 pm »
How so?  A Christian gives all praise and glory to God.  We live for Him and through Him.  We get close to God, meaning that we seek to have the best relationship with Him as possible, because our lives will be as shining beacons for Him because of his infinite love for us.  There is no selfishness in this...What we strive to do in this life is for God and God alone.  Ultimate humility is a Christian's goal.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »
unlike the protestant belief that you are saved by faith alone, Catholics believe that you are saved by faith and good works equal.  Faith without works is dead.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 12:43:49 pm »
How so?  A Christian gives all praise and glory to God.  We live for Him and through Him.  We get close to God, meaning that we seek to have the best relationship with Him as possible, because our lives will be as shining beacons for Him because of his infinite love for us.  There is no selfishness in this...What we strive to do in this life is for God and God alone.  Ultimate humility is a Christian's goal.

Yes, but some people may think doing certain things will get points on their Jesus card, and that is why they do it. My stepfather for instance:

I beat my children, buuuuuuuut I go to Church every sunday.

I helped lots of people in the hurricane aftermath,
Buuuuuuuut I called my stepdaughter a fatass and told her noone wants her and she is going up for adoption!

^_^
Lovley man, points on the Jesus card, most definetly.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

David

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 12:53:57 pm »
Latin masses?
I'd prefer English ones, so I can understand what the priest has to say...

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 06:16:38 pm »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »
 I was raised Catholic, but I'm more, and more doubtful about my church. It's too impersonal for my tastes. I believe in God and Jesus, and I believe that a Christians ultimate goal in life is to reach heaven. That good Christians don't practice hate one anyone, even if they disagree with them, or what they believe. Christians who practice hate, are not good Christians, and will go to hell.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 07:17:28 pm »
yehh....love is all you need.  thats what you just said Rocky.  THAT'S BLASPHEMY!!!  CANT YOU WATCH THE VIDEO I PUT UP?!!!! ATLEAST WATCH SOME OF IT!!!!