Author Topic: Whatever happened to the older Nick  (Read 4237 times)

Banshee 1919

Whatever happened to the older Nick
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:43:27 am »
What happened to 90's Nick, there used to be good quality in the teen shows but Teenick seems more aimed at preteens than teenagers. More teenagers would prefer MTV, VH1, the WB and stuff like that. Not much teen fans of Teenick shows.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to the older Nick
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:19 am »
Nick's run out of ideas, switched presidents/vice-presidents, etc. so they can't make any good decisions.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »
Didn't you hear? Nickelodeon's ran by monkeys now. Why else was there that SB episode "Chimps Ahoy"? The writers of SB are trying to suck up to their monkey overlords.

Banshee 1919

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 05:43:50 pm »
Reasons why Nick ran out of good ideas

1. Not exactly corporate reasons, though I have some respect

Banshee 1919

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:47:28 pm »

1. Criticism and in fears of their shows becoming controversial, they're dumbing them down to death!
2. Not exactly corporate reasons, though I respect and admire LOTR, DC, D&D and Marvel franchises (I don't care if it's like this, like that, it's more like a project when it comes to all of their projects and products)
3. New writers, new social climate and that ironically Teenick is more appropriate for preteens because teenagers don't care about Teenick! They prefer to watch MTV (but does that make me a teenager also, I'm a 15-year-old girl and I watched Heroes, it was better than all of the Teenick shows combined).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:10:00 pm by Banshee 1919 »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:47:53 pm »

1. Not exactly corporate reasons, though I have some respect
A huge part of it goes to the corporation and their decision-making. The shows they are accepting now-a-days are aimed more at toddlers instead of 7-13 year olds or adults.