Author Topic: Firefox Addons and Themes...list em!!! :D  (Read 3237 times)

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Firefox Addons and Themes...list em!!! :D
« on: September 03, 2007, 07:36:21 am »
Active:

Adblock Filterset.G Updater - Basically another set of filters that I like to have for Adblock Plus to block more flash objects
Adblock Plus - Most essential program ever. Blocks every annoying ad you could ever ask for
Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper - New addon I haven't experimented with yet. Supposedly blocks text strings, so if you wanna kill google text ads, go for it :)
Customize Google - can let you do anything that you want todo with any google pages, like hide link tracking and make every page https://
Download Statusbar - Instead of the stupid downloads window popping up, each file appears as little tabs at the bottom of the browser. Makes downloading much more organized imo.
Fission - Instead of having a page-load progress indicator at the bottom right, it incorporates into the url bar. Try it and I think you'll like it :)
Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronizer - Useful if you want to save your bookmarks and favorites. Allows you to sync them from any computer you're at.
IETab - Lets you open any page in IE, but still within firefox. Useful for the few pages that hate firefox.
Menu Editor - Allows you to edit your right-click menu, and any other menus at the top of firefox. Gets rid of all that junk :D
PDF Download - Gives you options like "download", "open in FF", "open in external program", "view as html", etc. Good for whenever a PDF rolls your way.
Resizeable Form Fields - Allows you to resize any form field, combo box, etc. Great for forums and other random sites. eBay hates it tho lol.
Tab Mix Plus - Completely revamps the entire idea of tabs. If there's ANYTHING you ever wanted to change or have that deals with tabs, this does it. Read more.
Tamper Data - Views incoming and outgoing requests by a page. I use it to get flv video links from websites that tv-links doesn't support.
UI Tweaker - Useful for removing a few random things that firefox does in 2.0

Disabled:

CopyAllUrls - Useful if you wanna copy all of your currently open tabs and have them automatically formatted a certain way. Disabled for when I need it.
FireFTP - Best way to use FTP from right inside your browser. Disabled for when I need it.
Orbit Downloader Firefox Integration - Lets you download any embedded object off of any page, no matter what. Disabled for when I need it.
User Agent Switcher - Lets you switch what your browser appears as for websites. I use it to appear as a google bot so I can gain access to websites that require signup :P Disabled for when I need it.
VideoDownloader - Replaced by TamperData, but useful for anyone that wants an easy way to get a video file from a website.

Themes:
Outlook 2003 Blue - To match my new Windows theme while still looking simple :)
Winestripe - For that Firefox 1.5 look :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:38:45 am by VulturEMaN »

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox Addons and Themes...list em!!! :D
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:45:12 am »
The theme I always use is "Tangerine"

For extensions:
Chatzilla
Download Embedded
DownThemAll!
Dugged
FasterFox
Get mail
Googlepedia
IE Tab
Imageshack right click
StumbleUpon
Switch Proxy Tool
User Agent Switcher

I hardly need most of them...
All Time

Weekly

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox Addons and Themes...list em!!! :D
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »
Adblock Plus
Downthemall
Forecastfox (usually set to some village in a country nobody's heard of)
Crystalfox modern