Author Topic: "Forcing" religion upon people  (Read 34537 times)

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
"Forcing" religion upon people
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:37:43 am »
In Christianity, it is said (probably in the Bible), that we are working until everyone comes to God. I know there are already a lot of Christians in this world, but what if people don't want to be a Christian (a.k.a. atheist)? Does the Bible say anything about people who don't wanna come to Christ? If they don't want to, what are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to say "I don't care if you don't wanna be a Christian, I'm gonna make it so you're a follower of Christ anyway!"? If somebody doesn't wanna come to Christ, I say don't force it on them. I'm a Christian, but I feel strongly about this. I have a co-worker who openly told me he's atheist, but he's still a nice guy. I'm not gonna say, "I know you're an atheist, Tim, but I'm gonna bring you to Christ anyway." He told me he wants no part of it, and I'm not broken up over that. Opinions, please.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Re: "Forcing" religion upon people
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:22:42 pm »
Your not supposed to force people to believe that way, last time I checked your not even supposed to ask them. Your suppose to teach them - spread the word, might be a better term.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:53:26 pm »
I was a Christian most of my life... right now I identify as an Eclectic Pagan... but I know for a fact the bible says, right in Matthew, that if you preach the gospel, and they will not hear it, you're supposed to dust off your feet and LEAVE. You are NOT supposed to force religion on anyone. I believe in many different Gods. I don't force that on anyone. So why should Christianity, Islam, or Atheism be forced on me?

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 04:45:43 pm »
I was a Christian most of my life... right now I identify as an Eclectic Pagan... but I know for a fact the bible says, right in Matthew, that if you preach the gospel, and they will not hear it, you're supposed to dust off your feet and LEAVE. You are NOT supposed to force religion on anyone. I believe in many different Gods. I don't force that on anyone. So why should Christianity, Islam, or Atheism be forced on me?

That's what I meant to say.

Again, another person sums up what I meant to say, only a 102x better.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:16:09 pm »
The Catholic Church teaches that there is only one true religion and the rest are false.  The Catholic Church teaches that pagan religions (such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Voodooism, and whatever the heck Ty/Scooter is, of coursee, etc.), which worship various “gods,” actually worship demons, since all the gods of the heathen are the devils.

So hahahahahah Ty u worship demons

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:26 pm »
The Catholic Church teaches that there is only one true religion and the rest are false.  The Catholic Church teaches that pagan religions (such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Voodooism, and whatever the heck Ty/Scooter is, of coursee, etc.), which worship various “gods,” actually worship demons, since all the gods of the heathen are the devils.

Lol. You want to know what I was taught as a kid? That the Catholic church is the great whore of revelations. I worship demons, so what? The things I believe in pre-date Christianity by more than 40,000 years... by more then 100,000 years. You Catholics are more Pagan than you think. Teehee -_-

Patback399

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 06:12:09 am »

Citation needed.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 04:24:22 pm »
I don't force Christianity on people but if they want to hear the Gospel...I'll preach to them.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 09:12:13 pm »
I don't force Christianity on people but if they want to hear the Gospel...I'll preach to them.
The way I view it, pretty much everyone in America has heard the Gospel.  If they want it they will ask for it.  My only job is to treat everyone with kindness and equal respect, and to live my life properly.

So far the first two are going well.  I do need to live my life better though. :P

SJP2.0

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 01:30:57 pm »

Lol. You want to know what I was taught as a kid? That the Catholic church is the great whore of revelations. I worship demons, so what? The things I believe in pre-date Christianity by more than 40,000 years... by more then 100,000 years. You Catholics are more Pagan than you think. Teehee -_-

I couldn't have said it better...

spongehead 32

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 03:08:56 pm »
What if your not a folower of Jesus but a folower of God (judaism).

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »
well then you don't follow the New testament..

Judaism is basically Christianity without the Jesus, Cross and new testament.

So it is basically the half of Christianity that christians don't follow. =|

Patback399

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »

Eternal hellfire, my friend. Eternal f***ing hellfire.

GIR

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 06:45:56 pm »
well your not a Christian, your a Jew Christians follow Christ (jesus)

Patback399

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:42 pm »
well your not a Christian, your a Jew Christians follow Christ (jesus)

ppl unbellyfeel jc doubleplusungood