Author Topic: This Christmas!  (Read 10255 times)

Patback399

Re: This Christmas!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:21:25 pm »
Oh, nonsense.

We're both equal. Our medias just want us to hate each other.

Anyway, I saw National Treasure Two too. It was entertaining.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:21:59 pm »
Sweeney Todd was the shiznit y'all.  Yes, a musical about a serial killer made my Christmas.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 05:07:42 pm »
It is really incredible. Depp was awesome as is to be expected but Helena Bonham Carter was incredible. I don't care if she and Tim Burton ARE bumping uglies, she was perfect for the role and I'm glad she was cast. Sacha Baron Cohen is a true performer... so much more than Borat. Alan Rickman and Timothy Spall are jerks and I love them. Meanwhile, whoever played Anthony was wonderful. Normally it's a role I don't care for, but thanks to this guy I will never, ever hear the song "Johanna" the same way again.

The star was Ed Sanders, who played Toby. Toby is usually played by a teenager or a young man. It's a requirement that he be boyish but he is rarely played by an actual child on stage. It's very different to see a child in this role, which is probably the most challenging. Kudos.

Also, the opening credit sequence makes me just as queasy as the one for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" makes me hungry.