Author Topic: Would or Do you let your kids watch Nick Jr?  (Read 4942 times)

Boxtwerker

Would or Do you let your kids watch Nick Jr?
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:12:28 pm »
I, personally think some of the shows on Nick Jr are just plain offensive. I feel there should be more Nick Jr shows that are a little more realistic. Yeah, kids at that age are going to make believe and be creative, but...every show is about some fabricated fantasy land that has no basis on reality. Young kids in my opinon, should be understanding what life is going to be about a little more than what is portrayed. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but some things I have seen are just to far over the edge. I don't have kids, but I plan to very soon. My Fiance' feels a little different than I, but she agrees on some things that I bring up. Let me know how you guys feel. let me know if you feel I'm wrong and this is quality programming for kids. Thanks

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Would or Do you let your kids watch Nick Jr?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:33:46 pm »
No it is not quality..
Whatever happened to cartoons with conflict?
When I was 4 I watched Thundercats.
And introducing them to reality so soon..
Reality is depressing..

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:55:52 pm »
Yeah when I was a kid those little kiddy shows were things I never saw. I was a Saturday morning cartoon kid... Thundercats, Super Mario Brothers, Looney Tunes, Swat Cats, etc. They don't give nearly enough credit to the youth of America.

SJP2.0

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 03:40:05 pm »
I don't see why I would NOT let my kids watch it...then again I have asbolutly no idea what is on Nick Jr. these days seeing as a hardly ever tune into regular Nickelodeon itself anymore, so if there was like a HUGE dip in quality to the point of pure retardadtion since I was Nick Jr. age, I wouldn't know. And if so, no I wouldn't let my kids watch it.

Rated-R

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:31 am »
It's your job to teach kids reality, not TV's.

evol687

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 08:08:40 am »
I would rather let my children watch anything that Jim henson was involved in instead

in example 1969 to 1990 sesame street
Fraggle rock
muppet babies

or even vitage childrens entertainers such as mr dress up/ Mr rogers/ captain kanguroo and even the king and queen mother of all childrens shows hoody doodey.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 08:10:47 am »
You do realize that fraggle rock has a blatant communist agenda don't you? (=

evol687

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 11:42:21 am »
You do realize that fraggle rock has a blatant communist agenda don't you? (=
I don't care for it is more entertaining than the messed up lazy town that is still being played on nick jr

back in the ther was no nick jr just huge blocks of eurekas castle and david the gnohme(immortal nick if you ask me)