Author Topic: 2007: Album-wise, the Best of That Year  (Read 15812 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Re: 2007: Album-wise, the Best of That Year
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 04:39:33 pm »
Athlete - Beyond the Neighbourhood is my favorite album this year.

Though it's probably pointless me mentioning bands seeing as how 90% of them aren't in America!
Athlete is a good band though.  I saw them live at university once.

:o You're kidding! I was wanting to see them for ages, since their first Album came out, finally managed to see them live in London last summer, and I loved it. Did you like them live? They're one of my favourite bands.

Oh yeah, they were really good.  It was nice to see a band I'd never heard of before.  I can't remember any of the specific songs they played, but I remember that is was great.  I need to buy one of their albums, actually.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:47 am »
Athlete - Beyond the Neighbourhood is my favorite album this year.

Though it's probably pointless me mentioning bands seeing as how 90% of them aren't in America!
Athlete is a good band though.  I saw them live at university once.

:o You're kidding! I was wanting to see them for ages, since their first Album came out, finally managed to see them live in London last summer, and I loved it. Did you like them live? They're one of my favourite bands.

Oh yeah, they were really good.  It was nice to see a band I'd never heard of before.  I can't remember any of the specific songs they played, but I remember that is was great.  I need to buy one of their albums, actually.

Out of the three, I'd advise either the first (Vehicles and Animals) or the second (Tourist) albums, the third is a good one, but the other two are better.

Glad you enjoyed them though.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 05:02:12 pm »
My favorite is Okkervil River's "The Stage Names". But, I've spent the day listening to this one, and I wish I had actually heard it in 2007 so it could qualify... 'cause this is dang great album.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 04:09:09 pm »
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
All Time

Weekly

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »