Author Topic: You Have to be Skinny to be beautiful/happy  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
You Have to be Skinny to be beautiful/happy
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:04:43 pm »
My friend were talking a while back, he went on about saying that society gives people the illusion that you have to be skinny to be beautiful/happy.

Seeing as how I don't have an opinion about this, I thought I would start a discussion on this to get some second hand opinions.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: You Have to be Skinny to be beautiful/happy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:27:04 pm »
Well, I'm sure there are alot of fat people who would tell you otherwise..
But honestly, it's probably true. Skinny people probably feel better about themselves, and everyone always says that if you feel good about yourself you look good. Maybe thats how the world really works. Skinny people are in turn beautiful, which probably gets them just a little bit more ahead in life than a fat person who doesn't feel so beautiful. And that probably makes that skinny person happy.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:36:28 pm »
Eh I'm fine with myself and I'm not skinny :P

And I dunno...I don't guess girls are too repulsed by me.  I go on dates and stuff...so I dunno. :P

I don't think you HAVE to be skinny...I think you just have to have the right mentality.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:19:24 pm »
The problem with this issue in itself is the stigma around being overweight/fat is that you are lazy, ugly, sloppy, weak, stupid, etc. However, people worry about their weight moreso for vanity reasons rather than health reasons. I am trying to lose a few pounds for HEALTH reasons... I don't have health problems yet but obesity does run in my family. Also even worse, some people obsess over being skinny to the point of binging and purging, or just totally starving themselves altogether. It's a very unhealthy trend. Then you have those people who want to defy society and get tremendously overweight to the point that they can barely move and get out of bed. The problem is people are more worried about their weight for vanity reasons rather than health reasons. And we see two extremes... those who are super morbidly obese with severe health issues, and than you have those on the other end who are so skinny that you can see their bones... again, with sever health problems.

Being too fat or too skinny is never good if it is taken to an extreme... and actually, I read a study awhile back that it is actually healthier to be slightly overweight than it is to be skinny and underweight. Of course there are a select few out there with health problems that affect their weight... but most people have the ability to control it. I know I have digressed quite a bit... but it is possible to be fat and happy. Ever hear of gainers? They are people who are proud and happy to be fat/overweight. One can be overweight and happy. It is possible. But I find far less people who are underweight and happy... in fact, people who are underweight seem to have many more self esteem issues and whatnot than overweight people do.

Ok, I'll shutup now. lol.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:59 pm »
Eh I'm fine with myself and I'm not skinny :P

And I dunno...I don't guess girls are too repulsed by me.  I go on dates and stuff...so I dunno. :P

I don't think you HAVE to be skinny...I think you just have to have the right mentality.

But youre sexy so, it doesn't count.

I just re-read my post I think I said fat like 300 times.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:36 am »
if you're slightly overweight (like you want to get rid of a bit of it) but you're not really fat
(like you still look pretty damn good when you're dressed up), you still get all the wonderful
stereotypes by your doctor that you're fat and don't exercise lol

like i'm 6' and weigh 205 and have no fat on my arms or legs. And yet i still get the notions
from society that i would be much happier if i were 170 and lost the gut too. Honestly, I could
give a crap. Fk the magazines and fk the people who want anyone who's overweight at all
to be like "omg i feel so bad cause i'm overweight and i need to lose it now". Fk that. I eat
healthy. I play tennis and swim. I do 50 situps and pushups every night with my little brother
(moreso to keep him fit at an earlier age....right now he just wants to run so i gotta make him
use his arms lol).

whatevs.

I just know (as would any woman that's even been in victoria's secret) that someone who is an
average weight and height might not find anything that fits in there...

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 06:39:35 am »
I'm somewhat skinny but I know I'm not beautiful.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 10:10:35 am »
Society gives the impression you have to be skinny to be happy. Hence all the weight loss commercials and such. Personally, you may feel better about yourself, but there are many overweight and happy people. It really depends on the person, rather then what society says.
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:20:54 am »
Society gives the impression you have to be skinny to be happy. Hence all the weight loss commercials and such. Personally, you may feel better about yourself, but there are many overweight and happy people. It really depends on the person, rather then what society says.

Totally agreed. I mean, I'd rather be skinny (like I am), than be overweight.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Burnam Wood

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 04:07:44 pm »

Maybe the single most beautiful image I've ever seen in my life.

Patback399

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 04:11:02 pm »

Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 04:14:46 pm »
As long as the vine curls around the stump, you are my darling sugar lump.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 05:29:34 pm »
Eh.

I'm 5'9 and 115 pounds.

*is not happy or beautiful*

Your point?