Author Topic: Legalizing Illegal Drugs  (Read 28805 times)

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Legalizing Illegal Drugs
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:29:31 pm »
Once again friends and I were talking, would it be a good idea to legalize all of these illegal drugs (i.e. Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth, etc.)?

The point that was made: There would be less crimes caused that involve drugs (shootings, murderers, etc.)

So I'd like to hear other peoples opinions, arguments, etc.

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Elizabeth Rose

Re: Legalizing Illegal Drugs
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:26:42 pm »
Pot isn't a real threat, but hardcore drugs just hurt people.  I mean, heroine and coke actually HURT people.  So does alcohol though, I guess just not as badly.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »
I do believe that pot needs to be legalized... mainly because it doesn't pose any threat worse than what a cigerette does. Alcohol is only legal because it is a big business. All of the bars would go out of business and millions of people would be out of a job. Those other drugs though, they need to stay illegal. I have an Uncle who blew away his life savings, house, car, everything on Coke. That stuff is extremely dangerous and actually can kill you quite fast.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:24:48 pm »
Once again friends and I were talking, would it be a good idea to legalize all of these illegal drugs (i.e. Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth, etc.)?

The point that was made: There would be less crimes caused that involve drugs (shootings, murderers, etc.)

So I'd like to hear other peoples opinions, arguments, etc.

I'm in agreement with the others on Marijuana.  It really isn't even as bad as cigarettes from what I understand.

I really don't see how crime would go down other than the obvious drug possession charges and other related ones.  The number of murders and other assault-related charges wouldn't change.  Even if the stuff was legal, people would still want it and some people would still be more than willing to kill for money or drugs.  The crime rate wouldn't go down at all.  In all actuality, it would probably go up because suddenly these things are legal, so more people get into them.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:12:57 pm »
I would love it if weed was legal, it's not any worse for you then a cigarette, and being high is much different from being drunk. Your judgment isn't impaired even when you're blazed.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:55:23 pm »
I would love it if weed was legal, it's not any worse for you then a cigarette, and being high is much different from being drunk. Your judgment isn't impaired even when you're blazed.
Actually yes it is... take it from someone who has been high several times before. Your judgement gets very impaired depending on how much you smoke... it just affects you differently than alcohol does. Plus weed doesn't give you a hangover.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 02:57:36 pm »
Actually yes it is... take it from someone who has been high several times before. Your judgement gets very impaired depending on how much you smoke... it just affects you differently than alcohol does. Plus weed doesn't give you a hangover.
Dude I smoke weed too, I've driven while blazed, and did perfectly fine. I'm high was I'm typing this post.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 03:01:13 pm »
Dude I smoke weed too, I've driven while blazed, and did perfectly fine. I'm high was I'm typing this post.

You do realise you just said on the very open internets that you have been doing illegal activities? =p

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 03:02:58 pm »

You do realise you just said on the very open internets that you have been doing illegal activities? =p
Do you realize that there are whole websites devoted to illegal activities? And yes I do realize what I posted dude.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 03:03:57 pm »
Eh whatever.

It's just something that I wouldn't do and then put on the internet..
Ever... =p

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 03:06:36 pm »
Eh whatever.

It's just something that I wouldn't do and then put on the internet..
Ever... =p
I was the same way when I was your age. Trust me you'll eventually become corrupt like me.  :wacko:

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »
Eh.
I hope not.

I don't wanna end up like my brother..

X_X

spongehead 32

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 04:07:39 pm »
I think the only crime associated with illegal drugs that will be reduced if they where legalised is possession of illegal drugs.

The behaviour caused by drugs will still be the same and the attitude towards drugs, once legalised, will take a long time to change so they will be treated in the same way.

There will still be murders and shootings over drugs.

Money is pretty legal and people murder and shoot others for that.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:15 pm »
Not affected at all...

(sorry, 'twas so lolworthy)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:03:55 am »
Not affected at all...

(sorry, 'twas so lolworthy)
I make typo's like that even when I'm sober.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:00:38 pm by Rocko »