Author Topic: so....new episodes  (Read 10692 times)

ernest310

so....new episodes
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:31:29 pm »
I did happen upon some of the new episodes that came out this week--I ended up seeing "Suction Cup Symphony" and "Gone."  I checked wikipedia and it says these are 6th season episodes.  My first impression was that they were pretty good.  "Gone" was a pretty interesting episode.  Like I said in another thread, many ideas are gone (no pun intended), but they are still many good ideas for episodes left.

I haven't even seen all the 5th season episodes yet.  What has everyone else thought of the new episodes that aired this week?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: so....new episodes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:28:05 pm »
New Episodes
Krabby Road
Not Normal
Gone
Suction Cup Symphony
Penny Foolish

I've only seen one so far. The rest are still on the DVR.

Not Normal was a good episode. Made me laugh a few times. Good episode but horrible ending. They could've done something better than just having him 'all of a sudden' switch back to crazy. <.<;;

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:04:37 pm »
loved gone. i marked march 5th on my calendar as "national no spongebob day" :) and i didnt think not normal was too bad. but that really is a bad example for kids who watch spongebob. wont that tell kids that being original is bad? suction cup sympony wasnt too bad , but it was 1 of those episodes that made spongebob seem like a little kid again ( and the cheek thing was more noticable than ever!) the other 1, penny foolish was so terrible i only got to the part where mr. krabs starts seeing pennies everywhere. i just couldnt get into it.

dosent outlive the camping episode by any means, however

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:57:44 am »
Overall the episodes were just okay, but I thought Not Normal was hilarious.

By the way, did Gone somewhat remind anyone else of I Am Legend?

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:45:08 pm »
I saw one, suction cup shymphony. Maybe I was just tired and mad, but I hated it. But I do wanna see krabby road.

x000slifer

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 05:15:44 pm »
I don't think I remember seeing Krabby Road, but Gone and Penny Foolish were great. Not Normal was okay, but I didn't like Suction Cup Symphony a whole lot. The only part I liked was when Squidward FINALLY got people to like his music.

spongegirl95

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:30:15 pm »
i love all the new episode

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 12:26:29 pm »
I feel bad about myself. I see these ads for new episodes, and unlike mes circa 2003, i have no desire to see these.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:09:04 pm »
I can't stand any new Spongebob episodes :(
Especially when I see some of the older ones, like seasons 2 and 3, I can't watch the new ones!
It's not because I grew up with them, either, but I think they're genuinely funnier and a lot more creative...the new ones are just sort of lacking to me. And by 'new' I mean the ones that have been made the past two maybe three years. I watched "Survival of the Idiots" today and I found it hilarious even though I've seen it probably fifty times before. It just has something the new episodes don't have :( Makes me sad.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:52 am »
I actually saw House Fancy and i really liked it. This could revive my hope in SB.

EVan

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 01:24:25 pm »
Parts of "The Splinter" made me giggle. Like when SpongeBob keeps ringing the bell and then pops out to have the spatula jab Squidward in the eyes. Mildly funny when Squidward was "squishing" the customers head.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 04:43:38 pm »
Since SpongeBob returned, its back with a more gross turn. The Splinter's ending is a big example.

EVan

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 11:14:26 pm »
Yeah, the ending was pretty sick...

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 06:04:22 pm »
really really new ones (splinter, house fancy etc.) are actually pretty funny. although i must agree with u that the new episodes are purely disgusting!!!!

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 12:49:29 pm »
I like the Episode Gone, I thought it was the best out of the new episodes, and instantly one of my favorite
If your teacher gives you an F, it is wrong to say "Well what do you expect moron! I didn't study!"

Darth Plankton

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 08:58:59 am »
Overall the episodes were just okay, but I thought Not Normal was hilarious.

By the way, did Gone somewhat remind anyone else of I Am Legend?

YES! I love how Spongebob starts talking to inanimate objects like the character in I Am Legend talked to the manicans. A possible reference? I don't know, but there were a lot of similarities.

I especially liked the ending when it was Patrick's turn to be left all alone!  :lol:

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 09:16:53 am »
"Gone" was alright. It could have been better.

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 08:40:47 pm »
Gone Did remined me of I am Legend, but so would any other story where some guy would find himself or herself alone for a long period of time.
If your teacher gives you an F, it is wrong to say "Well what do you expect moron! I didn't study!"