Author Topic: Are there any SpongeBob odd tidbits you can remember?  (Read 5077 times)

Sponge-Bart

Are there any SpongeBob odd tidbits you can remember?
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:03:08 am »
I remember a few commercials, like ones for "Band Geeks", "The Sponge Who Could Fly", "The Great Snail Race" (pretty much everything after that). Although I didn't join until 06, I've hung around the site since its beginning. I remember "Clams" was originally "Sponge-Jaws".

I remember the Violent (or Violet) Femmes spot from 2000. Remember waking up early on Saturdays to watch some eps (particularly the weenie hut juniors ep). I remember the
U-
Pick Live junk on Mondays (before episodes like "Plankton's Army"). Speaking of that ep, my friend and I went a Paramount park in South Carolina. We went on the then-new SpongeBob 3-D ride and while waiting in line, the TVs showing the ending to Plankton's Army, before it aired. My friend and I bugged everyone at school that "we knew what Krabby Patties were made of".

Any odd things you guys can remember?

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

Re: Are there any SpongeBob odd tidbits you can remember?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:33:43 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................nope

EVan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:35:09 am »
When season 2-3 episodes came out I was still fairly young, so the last ones I remember were Wet Painters and the Snowball Effect. I remember SpongeBobs "Oh, just hangin around." line from the Wet Painters ad, and the real fish news reporter from the Snowball Effect ad.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »
I cant believe somebody actually posted on this. I thought this thread was dead!

I can also remember the movie ads with the whale in the theater. The "Great Snail Race" one i remember well. I remember SpongeBob pushing Gary in the commercial "Faster, Faster, Faster! Go, go, go!!"

i remember the Friday Night Nicktoons opening too. I remember some ad from Nick Magazine for the DVD "Sea Stories" (i think that was the name. It was the DVD with "Shanghaied" on it).

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:06 am »
Yeah, I remember the Friday Night Nicktoons spot for the Great Snail Race rather well...
And although they're relatively new I remember boldly the annoying season 4 ads that took place in a fish market where all the seafood came to life and started singing.

I also remember watching about a zillion trailers for the Movie, to the point that when it came out I had spoiled all the jokes completely for myself.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 07:13:32 pm »
I remember going on Nick.com and watching the Bubble Party scene before the movie with my dialup connection.

The Season 4 ads were annoying. I remember the one during the KCA's.

I also remember the official movie site getting hacked, and when cmonkey posted one picture of a robber who had a Spongebob bag with him. I bet you we could find that thread guys...