Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 11892 times)

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

QUESTION
« on: May 23, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »
i already know the answer, but just wondering if any of u guys do:

WHAT IS SPONGEBOBS BIRTHDAY AND HOW OLD IS HE TURNING?

cnt wait to see the results of this ^_^

ChickenCereal

Re: QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:59:12 pm »
His birthdate was July 14,1986, and he is turning 22 this year. I've known about that for years... :rolleyes:

jellyfishfields

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:31:19 am »
Unless the poster above me is correct.  I guess Spongebob's Birthday is April 19, 1892 and he is 116 years old.

TheSecretBox

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:37:53 am »
I heard once from Squidward that they've been workin at the KK for over 40 years! And in the movie, SB's "Employee of the Month" certificates are numerous.. cant remember the exact #, though.......

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:55 pm »
His birthdate was July 14,1986, and he is turning 22 this year.

DING DING DING DING DING! we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

ernest310

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:26:50 pm »
I heard once from Squidward that they've been workin at the KK for over 40 years! And in the movie, SB's "Employee of the Month" certificates are numerous.. cant remember the exact #, though.......

Well, not exactly.....

Squid's 40 years comment (which appears in "My Pretty Seahorse") simply referred to their job, since SB was still hiding Mystery the Seahorse in the Krusty Krab.  He says something like, "Spongebob, this is how things work.  The customer orders the patties, you make the patties, I deliver them to the customer.  We do this for 40 years, and then we die.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, what do you say?" (Side note: there's a very deep commentary here, by the way.........)

My main point is that I don't think we're meant to know how long SB has actually worked at the Krusty Krab.  They purposely keep it ambiguous.  We see this in other areas, too: where is the Krusty Krab in relation to SB's house?  Sometimes he goes to the left, and sometimes he goes to the right, even once insisting to Patrick (in "Hooky") "I always go this way to work."  But in other episodes, he doesn't.  But that's the whole point!  We're not supposed to have an exact Bikini Bottom map.  It's always changing.

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »
who said anything about a map? we were talking about spongebobs job at the kk. and b4 that his b-day

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:16:54 pm »
who said anything about a map? we were talking about spongebobs job at the kk. and b4 that his b-day

It was a metaphor...

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:51:11 pm »
im passing english ya know..........................thats no metaphor.

EVan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 07:59:27 pm »
Heh, I do believe it is a metaphor.
If she was speaking literally, what map would she be talking about?

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 06:26:05 am »
This makes me laugh.

ernest310

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:27 pm »
This makes me laugh.

I agree!

My discussion of the "map" was simply to illustrate the issues discussed earlier, such as SB's age and how long he has worked at the Krusty Krab.  That's why I wrote in my previous post, "We see this in other areas, too."  The map was just another area where we see this ambiguity.

I didn't think this needed clarification.  The answer is no, the "map" was not a metaphor.  To restate my point above, the writers and producers purposely keep things ambiguous.  To restate the examples given earlier:

*We don't know how long SB has actually worked at the Krusty Krab.  We're not supposed to.
*From there, I gave the example of the map of Bikini Bottom.  The map keeps changing from episode to episode.  Again, sometimes SB walks to the left to go to work, and sometimes he walks to the right.  Where is the Krusty Krab in relation to SB's house?  We're not supposed to know.

If she was speaking literally, what map would she be talking about?

That's partially the point.  There IS no map.

(And I'm a he, by the way.............)

At any rate, I didn't mean to confuse folks by going off on a slight tangent...........

EVan

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
Crap, sorry. I thought a different member posted that.

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:40 am »
........I JUST WANNA KNOW Y THE TOPIC WAS CHANGED.

ernest310

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 06:57:10 pm »
........I JUST WANNA KNOW Y THE TOPIC WAS CHANGED.

The topic wasn't changed.  It just went a slightly different direction as the conversation advanced.

That happens all the time, so it shouldn't surprise anyone.