Author Topic: no one cares that barack obama is the democratic nominee?  (Read 17722 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Re: no one cares that barack obama is the democratic nominee?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:10 pm »
Well, I guess you all do have your own opinions on this issue, but to me, not voting in the presidential election is like giving a big slap in the face to those who fought for that right. It's our duty as Americans to vote. Not to mention that the presidential election also coincides with House and Senator elections, local elections even. But, oh well.
Oh, I would've gone out and voted for all my local senators, congresspeople, etc.

I just would've voted for a third party when it came to the President.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19:06 pm »
Well, I guess you all do have your own opinions on this issue, but to me, not voting in the presidential election is like giving a big slap in the face to those who fought for that right. It's our duty as Americans to vote. Not to mention that the presidential election also coincides with House and Senator elections, local elections even. But, oh well.

If the choice was between Adolf Hitler and Seung-Hui Cho (the v-tech killer), would you still say not voting would be a big slap in the face?

I know I am exaggerating (a lot...) but I think you understand my point.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
they're both dead, n00b.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 06:09:53 pm »
they're both dead, n00b.

I saw this thing on TV about a guy named Hitler... :O SOMEBODY SHOULD STOP HIM!

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 06:14:10 pm »
Oh, I would've gone out and voted for all my local senators, congresspeople, etc.

I just would've voted for a third party when it came to the President.

And I think that's a really great way to stick it to the two-party system. If enough people voted for a third-party candidate, I think politics could go under a big overhaul...which is definitely something that the US needs right about now. Madison warned us about factions and look what happened :( Makes me sad!

If the choice was between Adolf Hitler and Seung-Hui Cho (the v-tech killer), would you still say not voting would be a big slap in the face?

That's kind of where I was going with the third-party thing...of course obviously if there are two totalitarian or just horrible in general candidates running...it would be obvious to not vote...but uhh that isn't the case so it doesn't actually apply...

As for the communism discussion, as liberal as I am I do not agree with communism at all. If it worked it would be completely utopian and that is simply a fairy tale way to look at life. People don't work like that...not to mention I WANT the freedom to be greedy, successful by merit, etc. Not saying I don't give to charities or volunteer, or think that people shouldn't do those things, but I certainly don't think it should be forced. That's just the first step in my mind in taking away individuality...geez I've read too many dystopian-themed books. I'm paranoid now. But hopefully you all get my point. Also everyone needs to read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Thankyouu!

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:44 pm »

writing someone in?