Author Topic: EDITED SQUIDWARD SCENE NO LONGER BROADCAST?  (Read 8447 times)

mekkanist33

EDITED SQUIDWARD SCENE NO LONGER BROADCAST?
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:55 am »
Does anyone remember a scene in the episode "Just One Bite"....

Where Squidward runs to the Krusty Krab and sneaks in, but when he enters a bucket of what appears to be water drops on him, then he says "A bucket of water? That's it?" but then sniffs it and says "Hey, wait a minute, this isn't water, it's GAS!" and then a mechanical arm pops up, drops a match and..... BOOM!!! and after being badly burnt is hit with another bucket and match witch explodes again.. and then he reaches the Krabby Patty Vault. :huh: :huh: :huh:

I watched this episode on TV recently and saw that that scene was cut out, filled in with a cheesy zoom-in of the Vault. :huh:

If anyone remembers the original version or has a video of it please reply!!! don't let the Political correctness :wacko: people make you forget the original!!

Here is a link to the original episode!: http://www.zippyvideos.com/5333931496601776/just_one_bite/

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:49:20 pm by mekkanist33 »

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
Re: EDITED SQUIDWARD SCENE NO LONGER BROADCAST?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:01:42 am »

Where Squidward runs to the Krusty Krab and sneaks in, but when he enters a bucket of what appears to be water drops on him, then he says "A bucket of water? That's it?" but then sniffs it and says "Hey, wait a minute, this isn't water, it's GAS!" and then a mechanical arm pops up, drops a match and..... BOOM!!! and after being badly burnt is hit with another bucket and match witch explodes again.. and then he reaches the Krabby Patty Vault. :huh: :huh: :huh:

I watched this episode on TV recently and saw that that scene was cut out, filled in with a cheesy zoom-in of the Vault. :huh:

If anyone remembers the original version or has a video of it please reply!!! don't let the Political correctness :wacko: people make you forget the original!!

Here is a link to the original episode!: http://www.zippyvideos.com/5333931496601776/just_one_bite/

I remember that. It was kind of excessive, so I don't really care that they edited it. I think they also edited part of "Procrastination", but I could be wrong.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:38:48 pm »
I emailed Jay Lender about that scene in Just One Bite. Was hoping that it would be on the DVD but it wasn't.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:08:47 am »
I realized it when i saw it a year later. Just go check youtube, i saw it just the other day on there.

From what i remembered, it wasnt that bad.

EVan

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:29:28 am »
I posted a youtube vid with the Procrastination edit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA1luoAgm-0

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 02:56:05 pm »
Wow, for the first time i actually rememember that procrastination edit. When did they take that out of rotation?

EVan

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 04:13:17 pm »
I was really young when they did..but I'd say maybe 2002.
Who knows, I wasn't even out of elementary.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 10:47:15 pm »
Geez, they probably got sued or something. I hate people who sue over crap like that.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 06:36:29 am »
Geez, they probably got sued or something. I hate people who sue over crap like that.
Email from Jay Lender:

Nickelodeon and the other major cartoon studios have a policy about  showing dangerous "repeatable" behavior.  Though a few kids may have  access to robotic arms and buckets of kerosene (not grease), the fire  gag in Just One Bite went through every possible Nickelodeon approval  and it was determined that it did NOT meet the standard for  repeatable behavior, .  It was checked, re-checked, approved,  animated and aired intact multiple times after its October 2001  premiere. So why is it gone now? Believe it or not, the fire scene from Just One Bite, and others like  it, were erased from history... because of the 9/11 terrorist  attacks!  One of the geniuses at Nickelodeon's Standards and  Practices Department (and they're ALL geniuses)--or perhaps someone  from higher up-- decided that after being subjected to the disaster  at the World Trade Center, the delicate children of America should be  protected from all images of fire and even, in some cases, references  to firemen.  Many scenes like mine were cut from the Nickelodeon  library, often resulting in continuity issues, and sometimes even  creating story problems which make the episodes unwatchable.  One  entire series, Constant Payne, Nickelodeon's first action cartoon,  was cancelled before a single episode ever aired.(http://youtube.com/watch?v=1PwEyWucKJE). As for why the "I have no soul" flames have reappeared on DVD...  perhaps it is because those were metaphorical flames, not actual  ones, and therefore, less likely to harm the imaginary talking  cartoon octopus burglar.  If you would like those flames removed  again, I'm sure it will only take one angry letter to Nickelodeon.   However, if you would like the other scenes restored, it will take  angry letters from you and several million of your friends, plus a  boycott and personal threats against the lives of Nickelodeon  executives.  A controlling share of Viacom stock would also be  helpful.   :-)

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 10:22:28 am »
That's pretty cool. Where did you get their email addresses from?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 10:39:14 am »
That's pretty cool. Where did you get their email addresses from?
From places. O_o;;

Spongebob_geek81

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 11:55:58 am »

I don't know what your talking about soo I'll click on the link and watch the episode.

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 05:59:09 pm »
I posted a youtube vid with the Procrastination edit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA1luoAgm-0

omg wow i remember that!!!! y did they take that out?  and about that "no fire thing"............in Procrastination, SpongeBobs house is SET ON FIRE!  i dont get these people. setting a house on fire is ok, but getting some gasoline dumped on u isn't?? com on!!!

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 09:11:36 am »
I was just watching the Procrastination edited version on Nick 2, and that does look really odd. The way it just cuts abruptly to "I can feel those juices pumpin now!".

Plus, has anyone else noticed the color of Procrastination and I'm With Stupid are a little darker and tainted? I switched to Survival of the Idiots on the national Nick feed, and the color is alot brighter.