Author Topic: no one cares that barack obama is the democratic nominee?  (Read 17766 times)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
no one cares that barack obama is the democratic nominee?
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:21:05 am »
hm. you surprise me usb.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: no one cares that barack obama is the democratic nominee?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:41:40 am »
I didn't post anything because I figured there was a topic about the election already.
If you're wondering who I'm supporting, look at my sig.
Personally, I'm just wondering when Hillary plans on conceding...

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:13:21 pm »
GOOD. I was really scared there for a second. I mean, I'm not voting for him anyway, but I really, really, really didn't want Hilary to become the next president.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:35:55 pm »
I didn't post anything because I figured there was a topic about the election already.
i think she conceded today in letter form. she'll probably do it publicly this week sometime.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:48:18 pm »
GOOD. I was really scared there for a second. I mean, I'm not voting for him anyway, but I really, really, really didn't want Hilary to become the next president.
It'll happen in the future ;)

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:38:36 pm »
It'll happen in the future ;)
Please don't jinx the future.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:35 pm »
i think she conceded today in letter form. she'll probably do it publicly this week sometime.

HOPEFULLY. It's a pretty b-move, her not conceding and all. Personally I am wondering what she is waiting for. She has said numerous times that she will support Obama if he is to become the nominee and it looks like that is what has happened so I don't know what is holding all of this up.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:26:26 pm »
saturday is the word on the street.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:12:16 am »
I'm good with it. I dont vote until 2012 anyway.

Barak seems like a good choice. I'm not really political, so i can say much.

Thats why i am backing out of this thread now...

rage, love, rocknroll

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 10:12:46 am »
I'm pretty mad that Hillary didn't win. I think I'm not going to vote at all.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 11:27:44 am »
supposedly, her concession speech already leaked.
http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2996
but i won't believe it till i hear her speak those stupid words out loud.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 12:13:03 pm »
Oh snap, if you are for realz, we can never get married. :wub:

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 01:49:59 pm »
I cant even possibly imagine her as the president. Everything about her just seems so bitter. Barack is a great speaker, I think thats all I really like about him. I love listening to his speeches because he sounds so.. intelligent.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 02:58:47 pm »
ps. We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 10:53:24 pm »

That's stupid.

I cant even possibly imagine her as the president. Everything about her just seems so bitter. Barack is a great speaker, I think thats all I really like about him. I love listening to his speeches because he sounds so.. intelligent.

I agree. Honestly, their policy positions aren't that different (obviously, they're both on the democratic ticket..) so it's really just their personality that sets them apart. I think Barack represents a much better leader than Hillary does, and I would definitely rather see him handling our foreign policy over her. I was actually watching this thing on CNN the day after he became the "presumptive nominee", and it showed a bunch of countries and the reactions of people around the world. And actually, out of every country they showed, which was quite a few, everyone was excited that he could become president. They talked about how people in Kenya were just waking up from their hangovers...haha...that could be because he's "from" that country, though. Either way, I still think it's cool that the world will actually like us for once. And also, with what Scilla said about his rhetoric, I completely agree. He blows me away. Such a big improvement from the speaker we have in the White House now...but don't even get me started on that.

rage, love, rocknroll

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:44 pm »
I respect the fact that you support Obama. Respect the fact that I don't.
I don't see how that's stupid.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:04:07 am by rage, love, rocknroll »

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 11:21:18 am »
Eh, my man didn't win either on the Republican side, so I actually don't know if I am voting either.  You gotta go with your views, and if no one meets them, what do you do?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 11:51:23 am »

The thing is, since Hillary didn't win, you say you're not going to vote at all. To me, that doesn't make any sense when you have a candidate from the same party that has nearly IDENTICAL viewpoints as she does. I understand if you disagree with both parties, maybe for example if you're a libertarian, but supporting Hillary and then being pissed off that she doesn't win and not voting is just ignorant. If it were to be the opposite and Hillary were to have clenched the nomination, you bet I'd vote for her. I don't particularly like her, but I'd vote for her.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 07:12:31 pm »

The thing is, since Hillary didn't win, you say you're not going to vote at all. To me, that doesn't make any sense when you have a candidate from the same party that has nearly IDENTICAL viewpoints as she does. I understand if you disagree with both parties, maybe for example if you're a libertarian, but supporting Hillary and then being pissed off that she doesn't win and not voting is just ignorant. If it were to be the opposite and Hillary were to have clenched the nomination, you bet I'd vote for her. I don't particularly like her, but I'd vote for her.
I disagree.

Hillary Clinton ran her campaign with some of the most disgusting tactics I've seen. She openly suggested that the party should override the will of the people.

I wouldn't have voted for her had she won.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 07:44:22 pm »
Well, I guess you all do have your own opinions on this issue, but to me, not voting in the presidential election is like giving a big slap in the face to those who fought for that right. It's our duty as Americans to vote. Not to mention that the presidential election also coincides with House and Senator elections, local elections even. But, oh well.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 09:55:04 pm »
Yes, but this is why voting is not required. We fought for the right so that we could vote for either person 1, person 2, or nobody.

Barack and Hillary may hold nearly identical views, but if i was forced to vote i'd probably vote McCain just because of the type of person that Hillary displayed herself as in the democratic primary.

This nation was created so that we wouldn't have to be forced to do anything we didn't want to, besides follow the natural laws of human interaction.

rage, love, rocknroll

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 01:46:50 am »
Voting is my prerogative and therefore you don't have the right to judge me, whether I do it or not.

To this day, neither of the candidates convince me, and I'm not willing to waste my right of suffrage in someone I don't believe in. Who knows, maybe after the two candidates begin campaigning officially, I will change my mind.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 01:33:02 am »
I used to be all into politics and dolphin noise... but after awhile I realized at that it's all bullshit. I voted for Ron Paul in the Primary's but since he didn't get even a single state. I doubt that I'll even vote in the general election.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 07:13:42 pm »
Voting is my prerogative and therefore you don't have the right to judge me, whether I do it or not.

To this day, neither of the candidates convince me, and I'm not willing to waste my right of suffrage in someone I don't believe in. Who knows, maybe after the two candidates begin campaigning officially, I will change my mind.

JESUS (of suburbia :) ) I'm not judging you! I, PERSONALLY, just think it is stupid not to vote. You all may have your reasons but I have mine too. I understand the issue is debatable but I wasn't "judging" anyone based on whether they exercise their right to vote or not. Get your panties out of a wad.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 11:34:24 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:53:55 am by Roger »

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 03:32:46 pm »
I don't vote because I'm communist and I mean seriously...is anyone who reflects my views ever going to have a chance at making office? Noooo.

At times I've found communism to be a good thing, one of the problems I found with it is greed.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 03:40:41 pm »
I learned alot about communism this year and the last. I don't think its THAT bad. I mean, its good to a certain extent..

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 08:13:07 pm »
I learned alot about communism this year and the last. I don't think its THAT bad. I mean, its good to a certain extent..
The problem is that it never works because you can't rely on mankind to be naturally good. :S

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:40 pm »
Yeah, true. I bet someone could make communism work, if we all sat down and figured it out. Everyone getting equal amounts of everything or whatever. The government SHOULD control us to a point, more than the US is, I think. But I say that now whilst I have the freedom to post this.

rage, love, rocknroll

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »
Actually, communism is to me the perfect form of government. Too bad humankind is far from perfect. That is why it has never worked and it never will.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:10 pm »
Well, I guess you all do have your own opinions on this issue, but to me, not voting in the presidential election is like giving a big slap in the face to those who fought for that right. It's our duty as Americans to vote. Not to mention that the presidential election also coincides with House and Senator elections, local elections even. But, oh well.
Oh, I would've gone out and voted for all my local senators, congresspeople, etc.

I just would've voted for a third party when it came to the President.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19:06 pm »

If the choice was between Adolf Hitler and Seung-Hui Cho (the v-tech killer), would you still say not voting would be a big slap in the face?

I know I am exaggerating (a lot...) but I think you understand my point.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
they're both dead, n00b.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 06:09:53 pm »
they're both dead, n00b.

I saw this thing on TV about a guy named Hitler... :O SOMEBODY SHOULD STOP HIM!

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 06:14:10 pm »
Oh, I would've gone out and voted for all my local senators, congresspeople, etc.

I just would've voted for a third party when it came to the President.

And I think that's a really great way to stick it to the two-party system. If enough people voted for a third-party candidate, I think politics could go under a big overhaul...which is definitely something that the US needs right about now. Madison warned us about factions and look what happened :( Makes me sad!

If the choice was between Adolf Hitler and Seung-Hui Cho (the v-tech killer), would you still say not voting would be a big slap in the face?

That's kind of where I was going with the third-party thing...of course obviously if there are two totalitarian or just horrible in general candidates running...it would be obvious to not vote...but uhh that isn't the case so it doesn't actually apply...

As for the communism discussion, as liberal as I am I do not agree with communism at all. If it worked it would be completely utopian and that is simply a fairy tale way to look at life. People don't work like that...not to mention I WANT the freedom to be greedy, successful by merit, etc. Not saying I don't give to charities or volunteer, or think that people shouldn't do those things, but I certainly don't think it should be forced. That's just the first step in my mind in taking away individuality...geez I've read too many dystopian-themed books. I'm paranoid now. But hopefully you all get my point. Also everyone needs to read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Thankyouu!

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:44 pm »

writing someone in?