Author Topic: Sacked in the Morning.... Your getting the sack in the morning...  (Read 6634 times)

thisisdard

Please understand. I know that this might be too loud for a new user to post. But honestly can I help it?

Can I help it? The new seasons are awful. AWFUL. The first half was brilliant. The second half, seasons 4 - 6 are just bad. Bad. BAD. I cannot believe I said this despite being a SB fan. But I have to be honest with myself. As a SB fan I do not want the show to go on like this ANYMORE in the 7th season onwards. The ratings have dropped... no... PLUMMETED to the ground in ways I could never have imagined.

Enough is enough. The new writers and all those responsible must go. They have had 3 seasons to prove their worth and Nick has wasted precious dollars bringing them in. It's so sad to see writer CH Greenblatt doing so well for rival Cartoon Network's "Billy and Mandy" but good for him. He has helped turned that show around into a show that many can enjoy and which uses great humour.

Ratings have dropped VERY badly since the movie hiatus and the show has been going nowhere except downhill. Please understand how vital decisions here onwards are. If season 7 does not fare well and continues the downhill cycle, we could see the end of Spongebob productions for good. And what a gloomy, sad, hopeless end that is.....

EVan

Re: Sacked in the Morning.... Your getting the sack in the morning...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:07:48 am »
I think its time to end it too. Who knows what the heck they'll do for a 10th anniversary episode.....

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:41:02 pm »
First of all, let MES say, i agree totally.

In fact, when i registered here 2 years ago today, the first thread i opened was named "New writers", and even discussed CH Greenblatt. So dont worry, alot of us feel the same way you do.

I was totally ready when SpongeBob came back, May 2005. However, i noticed the change 3 episodes into the season. Season 4 was terrible. Season 5 was alright, IMO. Season 6 has been ok. But it will never, ever be has good has it once was. I really think they should have ended it on November 19, 2004.

I also think SpongeBob would be alot better regarded by my generation because of it. Trust mes, I'm 14, we REALIZE it sucks.

Also, one classic writer is still on the team - Aaron Springer. I continually praise him, and his episodes still stick out today among others. But, sadly, he too has lost his touch I believe.

The good writers of yesterday- CH Greenblatt (who, btw, wrote the fourth season opener), Kaz, Sam Henderson, and the rest...have been long gone.

Its time, sadly, for SpongeBob to end.

I just wish Nick wouldnt totally screw themselves over next year with a really bad 10th anniversary.

thisisdard

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:28:18 pm »
End the show.. End the show... How sad that the show seems ready to die. It's almost begging for death too.

I wonder why the show must die... HMMM.... I wonder why the show must die and the writers get paid...

In fact, I wonder why the writers should even be paid at ALL!!!  :angry:

This is awful. 3 seasons to prove their worth and they have killed Spongebob and replaced him with someone else. That guy in the cartoon isn't even the same Spongebob of the past. It's a dummy. If the show will end, it is because of these writers. It's not fair. The writers are being paid and Nick is losing one of its most valuable assets in exchange, which has helped keep it alive. That's a very awful trade - off. Even a child can see why it is such poor business and I am sure they do.

I cannot believe Nickelodeon would let a show which has brought them millions rot in hell because of the actions of some people behind the scenes. If they want to keep raking in money, there is no choice but to tear their contracts apart. It's totally insane and only POOR, POOR management will let them continue. The writers' time has ended. Nick should not sacrifice one of their biggest multimillion - dollar assets in exchange for the new writers' paychecks. The writers must leave now. They must be sacked immediately.

Kaz, Sam Henderson, CH Greenblatt, Mr. Lawrence.... Nick should have done everything to keep them. Now they are gone. (Mr. Lawrence is stuck voicing Plankton. What a waste of talent! He was the man behind some of SB's greatest episodes). We have new writers who have done too much harm and these men are threatening Nick's future profits. The 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons... Seasons which could have brought in more. Potential of millions of dollars down the drain because of these people. According to TV.com, not one of the 5th or 6th has hit a 9.0 score. NOT one. Not one deserved it all. That's very bad considering SB had a 9.0+ straight streak in Season 3.

Money down the drain. The writers must be sacked. Only a fool will let them stay.   

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:48:28 am »
Totally agree. Sam Henderson wrote some fine episodes, including "Just One Bite".

thisisdard

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:42:29 pm »
 :angry: Bloody hell. They've announced a 7th season. 5 years ago, that would be good news. It seems that they will not reshuffle management at all. Of course, this means that the current writers and Nickelodeon's under par management of Spongebob, will still have approval and will still stay, and most likely have their contracts renewed! This is an OUTRAGE!!! No good soul on Earth will even think of their contract renewal. These morons are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS for heaven's sake!

Stop production. SACK THE MANAGEMENT. SACK THESE PISS - POOR WRITERS. Get new, fresh faces for the show even if it will take a few years to do so. Restart production with a renewed season with better episodes. Whatever happens, these morons in charge must leave. They have really been degrading Spongebob for too long. Even if it takes years to find new help, better episodes will more than make up for this. I am not sure why Nickelodeon is resorting to cheap plots and tricks and poorly planned specials unless their financial statements are in the deep red. Besides, even if this is really all about money, good episodes will increase popularity even more.

----
A side note;
I am planning to start a united petition from Spongebob fans if ever to get these morons out viapeople who still visit this site, the world's top Spongebob-fansite forum and he other more active forum at TV.com [http://www.tv.com/spongebob-squarepants/show/3428/board/2520/topics.html] They must go and the work is not even up to professional standards anymore.

BumperBuddy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:08:16 pm »
I like the new episodes. What's wrong with them?

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:20:31 am »

u must be crazy................or blind and deaf.

Rated-R

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 05:27:22 am »

u must be crazy................or blind and deaf.
Or have a severe case of AIDS.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 01:26:35 pm »
Guys, its fine. He just likes the new episodes. I would like to hear his opinion on why theyre good.

thisisdard

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 10:56:47 pm »
Never mind if he likes the show or not. The critical matter is still at hand nonetheless: We must ask for the IMMEDIATE SACKING of the curent Spongebob team and call for reforms somehow. Perhaps via online petition?

Thank you for all your responses however; How many of you would want the show to end? Bloody hell. A lot would perhaps raise their hands up. I myself have a hard time admitting it, but let's face the awful reality and truth: The show under the current administration is just BAD. BAD.

End the show after the seventh season? The show has been begging for death for years now ever since those idiots in charge took over. But is it just? Hmm. Let's see what ending the show on a seventh implies first of all: Spongebob Squarepants dies in the hands of greedy lazy crooks who do not give squat about quality nor reassess the impact of the show to the audience. What a GREAT ending of a show that is, eh? Wonderful finale! The best part? Our yellow Sponge had absolutely nothing to do with it and now he must die, quit, and bear the brunt of the incompetence and failures of subpar "professionalism".

I really do not know how or why Nickelodeon is allowing this to continue. Stop production immediately. Fire those idiots. They don't deserve their jobs. These are professionals and I expect better (Nickelodeon MUST as well!) and they should be worth every dollar they are paid. Sadly, Nickelodeon's stupidity has gone too far and their lack of foresight will really cost them their greatest asset. Once they stop production and SACK those worthless pieces of crap and hire more dedicated men and women. Obviously, there are perhaps many men and women out there who are capable of taking the posts of these idiots. Restart production with a better crew under much able management.

They must do this before it is too late. I wonder why a company should shut down one of their greatest assets just because of the stupidity of some morons behind the scenes! It is insane!

So too everyone reading this, if we are to save this show, we might as well try to get those morons out of their posts. I have no idea how, but perhaps starting an excellent online petition calling for the IMMEDIATE SACKING of this insane administration of "Spongebob Squarepants" is perhaps a good start.

EVan

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 11:46:02 am »
SpongeBob at the start: Low Budget, Good Quality Show
SpongeBob almost 10 years later: High Budget, Low Quality Show.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:02 pm »
You know, thats about right.