Author Topic: 2 Stroke Engine Help (Probably not the best place to ask lol!)  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
My dad fixed a gas weed eater thats been sitting in the shed for over 10 years.

New primer bulb on, new air filter, and new fuel lines.

It runs PERFECTLY! but when ever the engine is at idle speed for some time, the engine stalls.

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stroke Engine Help (Probably not the best place to ask lol!)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:48:02 pm »
Get a new weed eater.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:22:36 pm »
I wouldn't do much about it if it still runs good keep it going. The stalling maybe due to it not running in quite some time, but take a look at the throttle, and if it has choke try playing with that.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 09:11:12 pm »
Get a new weed eater.

Craftsman 32cc 2 cycle Split Boom Gas Trimmer

$159.99

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179186000P?mv=cf&vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Handheld+Power

Just to let you know, when ever any things I own break down, I wont call it broken and throw it out.  Instead, I will fix it.

If the carburetor  diaphragm on my lawn mower wears out, I'm not going to spend $200 on a new mower, I'm going to pay $4 dollars for the part.

If a capacitor on my logic board craps out.  Im not going to replace the logic board. I'm going to de-solder the capacitor and replace it.

If my ipod battery dies on me, I'm not going to buy a new ipod, I'm going to tear it apart and replace the battery.

If the air cleaner is dirty on my mower, I'm not going to replace it.  Ill take it out, wash it, oil it up and put it back on.

You see what I'm saying?

I wouldn't do much about it if it still runs good keep it going. The stalling maybe due to it not running in quite some time, but take a look at the throttle, and if it has choke try playing with that.

Yeah my dad tore the engine apart, the cylinder walls were just soiled with gunk.  After cleaning everything (and changing the piston rings) It did work for some time but it tends to stall out after the centrifugal clutch cuts out.

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

AirerZer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 01:53:35 am »
             Is that the real price that you are talking $159.99.,?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:29:31 am by AirerZer »

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:39:42 pm »
Its been fixed by adjusting the mixture screws on the carb.