Author Topic: Hey fellers.  (Read 10099 times)

Burnam Wood

Hey fellers.
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:27:46 pm »
This is Jack, or, uh, Jackie-Boy. I was just in the Slam Book thread and realized most people have no idea who I am because I guess I didn't make my name change a public thing. It's very weird that Hannah just did this too because I've been meaning to for like... eight months? Something like that?

Every once in a while I come back to post and mean to regularly, and then, of course, don't. I still seriously doubt I'll be able to on something that even resembles a frequent basis because, darn it all, I'm kind of busy a lot, but I want to try again, because, truthfully, lurking here has made me realize how much I missed it, and how things have gotten a lot better.

I still keep in contact with Mike (Patback399), Stephen (Banana), Liz (...well, Elizabeth Rose), and Alex (Kenny Blankenship); occasionally I will trade pleasantries with Simon (Chongster) and Kevin (I forgot Kevin's name on here because nothing about that man is remarkable or interesting in the least).

Anyway, before the whole re-introduction thing occurs, I should say I know that when I stopped posting I know I wasn't on good terms with a few of you. I honestly don't remember why except for that it was really trivial, silly Internet stuff that I think is worth forgetting. If you guys are willing, I am too, and if not, well hey.

So, here I am. Again.

My name's Jack. I have a full name that I use as my Facebook name that I don't really feel like making public here. I still like movies and music, though my tastes in both have increased exponentially. I read a lot more. Now that summer is here I average three books a week, plus two newspapers every day. I like to keep updated. I don't play video games anymore after an incident that occurred about a year and a half ago (I got frustrated and threw my PS2 controller at the television; it bounced off and hit me square in my man area). Television is iffy with me too. I regularly watch "The Office" and "24"; everything else I catch on DVD.

This fall I'm attending the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I'll be triple majoring in Acting (with a B.F.A.), and English and History (B.A.'s each with emphases on the English Renaissance). I'll probably be at college for quite a while, and I'm quite okay with that. I still do not drive and I'd like to keep it that way.

I am a vegetarian, and as of February of this year, I am 100% free of caffeine. When I made that decision I was incredibly irate for weeks but now I am actually feeling better than I ever have. As before, I still take no part in illegal substances, preferring instead to keep my perceptions from being distorted.

About three months ago I made the unfortunate discovery, after never having tasted the substance, that I am allergic to coconut.

Right now I work at a library, which is about perfect for me. It doesn't pay a lot per hour but I work a lot of hours so I suppose it sort of balances out.

My hero is still Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets.

I voted for Hillary Clinton. That said, I can't wait to see what Barack Obama does as our very first African American president. I had the pleasure of meeting him in May while seeing Arcade Fire and it's one of those things I'll never, ever forget.

Somebody said all the worlds is a stage, and each of us is a player. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. In Act 1, I was struggling to survive. Nobody wanted my action dead or alive. Act 2, I hit the big time, and bodies be all up on my behind. And I can’t help myself because I was born to shine. If you don’t like it, you can shove it. But you don’t like it, you love it. So I’ll be up here in a rage 'till they bring the curtain down on the stage.

I'm that one.

I haven't watched a single episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" in three years.

Oh, and I met George Clooney in a parking garage last year, that was neat.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:29:45 pm by Burnam Wood »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Hey fellers.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 03:49:34 pm »
You're too cool for me now!

Patback399

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:49:49 pm »
Woah.

Barack Obama was at an Arcade Fire concert?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 04:29:31 pm »
That's the same thing I thought when he said that, ha.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:57:10 pm »
Somebody said all the worlds is a stage, and each of us is a player. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. In Act 1, I was struggling to survive. Nobody wanted my action dead or alive. Act 2, I hit the big time, and bodies be all up on my behind. And I can’t help myself because I was born to shine. If you don’t like it, you can shove it. But you don’t like it, you love it. So I’ll be up here in a rage 'till they bring the curtain down on the stage.
I am the greatest man that ever lived.

I was born to give and give and give.

Patback399

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:55:31 pm »
Hmm. I'm sort of back too, I guess.

I agree with Jack. Some stupid stuff has happened in the past, and I'm sorry if I made anyone mad. It was stupid, and we should forget about it.

So, hello everyone. I don't want to make a new thread, because, well, I like stealing Jack's thunder. In fact, you can find me on Facebook registered under Jack's name. But in real life, I'm Mike. I just finished my freshman year of high school, and have come to live with the fact that I'm shy around people I don't know. I love writing, even though I hardly do it. I always think of great stories, but never write them down. I think it goes back to my being shy. I don't like my friends or family to read the things I write, but I guess I'll have to get over that.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:14:27 pm »
I just finished my freshman year of high school

That's weird. I always thought you were around my age. You are Banana, right?

Burnam Wood

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 08:21:48 am »
No, that's Mike. He's a weird little guy. Banana, sadly, has dropped off the face of the Earth but he still keeps in touch through AIM.

And WHAT? I'm not too cool for anyone, that's silly. How the heck have you been?

I guess I could actually read your thread for that.

Also, IZ is Kevin's name. I forgot. That stands for "Invader Zim".

And yeah, it was at an Obama rally in Carrboro.

I also met... well, them. Wow, I totally forgot to tell Mike this.

Patback399

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 08:34:44 am »
Yeah, you did. That's really cool though.

I just finished my freshman year of high school

That's weird. I always thought you were around my age. You are Banana, right?

Funny that you say that. Banana's actually younger than I am.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 08:37:28 am »

I agree with Jack. Some stupid stuff has happened in the past, and I'm sorry if I made anyone mad. It was stupid, and we should forget about it.

So, hello everyone. I don't want to make a new thread, because, well, I like stealing Jack's thunder. In fact, you can find me on Facebook registered under Jack's name. But in real life, I'm Mike. I just finished my freshman year of high school, and have come to live with the fact that I'm shy around people I don't know. I love writing, even though I hardly do it. I always think of great stories, but never write them down. I think it goes back to my being shy. I don't like my friends or family to read the things I write, but I guess I'll have to get over that.

NOBODY CARES.

:wub:
I am the greatest man that ever lived.

I was born to give and give and give.

Seriously my favorite song of the year. I don't know what direction they're going in but I love it.

Patback399

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 09:35:26 am »

NOBODY CARES.

:wub:

I LOVE YOU.

:angry:

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 12:02:21 pm »
Funny that you say that. Banana's actually younger than I am.

Okay I believe everyone saying that you're not Banana but there is no way that I am going to believe that. I remember Banana being 15...when I was 15! Haha. But seriously all those Bananas when you post is likely to confuse the hell out of people.

Also, that Arcade Fire thing is funny. I never would have expected that sort of band to show up at an Obama rally...although I suppose it is fitting with him drawing in the "young voters."

And WHAT? I'm not too cool for anyone, that's silly. How the heck have you been?

Stop being so modest, you know you are! You were a little bit too cool for me before but now your awesomeness rankings are off the charts. Mine are high of course but not off the charts. Anyway yeah just read that thread for an update on me. I'm a boring person, I think.

Burnam Wood

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 02:00:10 pm »
I do so much less than anyone in the world. Today, I woke up, and did this, and then went back to sleep.

I almost hate summer.

I will tell Banana you say "hello" and then he will be forced to come back.

Patback399

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 07:02:52 pm »
See the guy playing the accordion in the picture Jack posted?

That's Banana.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 10:36:20 pm »
LIES!

Yeah I kind of wish it wasn't summer right now too. I'll regret that statement later.