Author Topic: Isn't Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy based on Batman??  (Read 5040 times)

Budada

Isn't Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy based on Batman??
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:21:27 am »
I started to think that MM and BB were based on Batman. They had an "Invisible Boatmobile", which might be based on the "Batmobile". Mermaid Man might be Batman and Barnacle Boy would be Robin, Batman's sidekick. And Mermaid Man lived in a cavelike "Sandy Shoal".

Are they really based on Batman and Robin?

BiggerSquarierSpongier

Re: Isn't Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy based on Batman??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:35:35 am »
Well, I think there is some Batman and Robin influence in them, but their character designs are more or less modifications of two other superheroes called Aquaman and Aqualad.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:12:03 pm by BiggerSquarierSpongier »

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:05:44 am »
I think it is mostly based on Aquaman, but also a collaboration of different superheroes. For example, Mermaid Man has an invisible vehicle, like Wonder Women, and a utility belt, like batman.
If your teacher gives you an F, it is wrong to say "Well what do you expect moron! I didn't study!"

Ego

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:07:49 pm »
Heh, I thought about that. Wonder woman's invisible jet, and batman's batmobile combined into an undersea mode of invisible transportation.

But all in all, yeah I would believe it's a fusion of wonder woman, Batman, Aquaman, and Shazam. (ring reference)