Author Topic: SPONGEBOB'S BACK ON MTV  (Read 6250 times)

Sponge-Bart

SPONGEBOB'S BACK ON MTV
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:29:24 pm »
Alright, so i'm sitting there, almost midnight. After wathcing exclusive G4 E3 stuff, I check the guide to see what else's on. To my surprise, SpongeBob's on MTV at midnight.

I can only remember 2 times SB was on main MTV: in 2002, and 2004 to promote the movie. It was on MTV2 for a short time in 2006, and VH1 and Spike to promote the movie.

So right after sitting through a grusome 3 min of My Super Sweet 16, any ad comes on, and it begins: "This is your brain..." And shows a brain. Then the brain twists and pot induced music plays. "This is your brain...on SpongeBob". SB and Patrick stand in front of retro color background, drooling. It then displays a weird, once again, pot-induced Spongebob logo, with an MTV logo in place of the Nick logo.

So far theyve played "Pre-Hibernation Week", and "The Secret Box", next is "Sailor Mouth". Also, ads show between commercials breaks, with the drooling SB and Patrick, with a drunk on ice cream SB (from the movie), Patrick blowing out water, and Gary with a crazy expression fly through the background, which pulsates...?

I have no idea why MTV would show it, or give it its own special bumpers. Spongebob is now the ONLY good show on MTV.

I think this is freaking awesome.

EVan

Re: SPONGEBOB'S BACK ON MTV
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:02:18 pm »
Spongebob is now the ONLY good show on MTV.
Haha, that's exactly what I told some folks on another forum who talked about this.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:30:48 pm »
What forum is that, EVan? Just wondering.

They're showing Dunces and Dragons now. This one needed a re-watch from me, and I must say, i was surprised. I know this isn't the thread for D@D, but this episode gets a solid A from me, that's Season 4 too. Things i loved were Sandy's deep southern voice, "We can't defeat him with our bare hands." "Yeah, we need some gloves." (That made mes lol). I might just be thinking too much into it, but when Mr. Krabs tells Squidward to leave, he replies "Have it your way." Was that a reference to the Burger King D@D promotion at the time?

The last one last night was Life of Crime. Next is Mermaid Man vs Sponge (a S5 ep).

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:59 pm »
Whoops, the guide on TV was wrong. This one is actually the "Spongebob Patrick Plankton form a band" episode. It says The Inmates of Summer is next, but I don't know how reliable that is.

i_luv_sponge_xoxo

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:54:40 pm »
Whoops, the guide on TV was wrong. This one is actually the "Spongebob Patrick Plankton form a band" episode. It says The Inmates of Summer is next, but I don't know how reliable that is.

the spongebob patrick plankton form a band one is krabby road.....just pointing this out for no reason at all.  :rolleyes:

EVan

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »
What forum is that, EVan? Just wondering.
Bungie.net, the Halo website.