Off Topic > Nickelodeon

Hey Arnold!

(1/5) > >>

Sponge-Bart:
So, i'm at a friend's house last night, and out of nowhere, one friend says "Yahoo soda! Juuust drink it!" Causing all of us to laugh - that was a line Stinky said in a Hey Arnold episode i haven't seen in probably 6 years.

So it got me thinking how we don't talk about this classic cartoon much. This was such a great show.

aara34:
I enjoyed watching Hey Arnold, and I miss it more since it was cancelled. But the only thing i couldn't really stand was how perfect Arnold was and always trying to save the day. The only episodes that show him messing up will have him shortly afterwards learning some kind of life lesson. I find it hardly convincing that he was only nine. The series finale had a pretty good ending, leaving you wanting more, and i actually cryed in some episodes such as parents day. But overall it was a really great show.

Sponge-Bart:
I always thought Arnold's room was the coolest thing in the world. That window ceiling was the coolest thing. More cool episodes i remember are "The Sewer King" and the episode where the fifth graders try and slam all the fourth graders into trash cans.

aara34:
The show did have many interesting characters such as the sewer king. One of my most favorite characters is Oscar, and his freeloading. I also remember Arnold's Grandfather's many childhood rivals.
And the coolest parts in Arnold's room besides the window ceiling was how the furniture came out of the walls, the potato powered clock, the atomic decor, and just the fact it was up in the attic.
The episode where the fifth graders trash the fourth graders had a great ending. The third grader laughing at Arnold after being thrown in a trashcan and then reminded that within a year that it could happen to him.

Sponge-Bart:
Yeah, the coolest part in that episode was a small little place where the fourth graders went to be consoled and get washed up. I remember Eugene was there. The cool thing about the show was while with hilarious episodes like "Arnold as Cupid" (which actually starred Oscar), Arnold always had an emotional side to it, like in episodes such has "Arnold's Christmas". And that's what i think alot of cartoons are missing these days.

I remember more favorites of mine were "Stuck in a Tree", "Door 16", "Haunted Train" (something like that), "Baseball", and my fav, "Sixth Grade Girls".

In my opinion, some of the episodes the series put out were in its first season (Pigeon Man, Stoop Kid).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version