Author Topic: Hey Arnold!  (Read 33841 times)

Sponge-Bart

Hey Arnold!
« on: August 23, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »
So, i'm at a friend's house last night, and out of nowhere, one friend says "Yahoo soda! Juuust drink it!" Causing all of us to laugh - that was a line Stinky said in a Hey Arnold episode i haven't seen in probably 6 years.

So it got me thinking how we don't talk about this classic cartoon much. This was such a great show.

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Arnold!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 04:22:12 am »
I enjoyed watching Hey Arnold, and I miss it more since it was cancelled. But the only thing i couldn't really stand was how perfect Arnold was and always trying to save the day. The only episodes that show him messing up will have him shortly afterwards learning some kind of life lesson. I find it hardly convincing that he was only nine. The series finale had a pretty good ending, leaving you wanting more, and i actually cryed in some episodes such as parents day. But overall it was a really great show.
If your teacher gives you an F, it is wrong to say "Well what do you expect moron! I didn't study!"

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:03:46 pm »
I always thought Arnold's room was the coolest thing in the world. That window ceiling was the coolest thing. More cool episodes i remember are "The Sewer King" and the episode where the fifth graders try and slam all the fourth graders into trash cans.

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:40:01 pm »
The show did have many interesting characters such as the sewer king. One of my most favorite characters is Oscar, and his freeloading. I also remember Arnold's Grandfather's many childhood rivals.
And the coolest parts in Arnold's room besides the window ceiling was how the furniture came out of the walls, the potato powered clock, the atomic decor, and just the fact it was up in the attic.
The episode where the fifth graders trash the fourth graders had a great ending. The third grader laughing at Arnold after being thrown in a trashcan and then reminded that within a year that it could happen to him.
If your teacher gives you an F, it is wrong to say "Well what do you expect moron! I didn't study!"

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:27:35 pm »
Yeah, the coolest part in that episode was a small little place where the fourth graders went to be consoled and get washed up. I remember Eugene was there. The cool thing about the show was while with hilarious episodes like "Arnold as Cupid" (which actually starred Oscar), Arnold always had an emotional side to it, like in episodes such has "Arnold's Christmas". And that's what i think alot of cartoons are missing these days.

I remember more favorites of mine were "Stuck in a Tree", "Door 16", "Haunted Train" (something like that), "Baseball", and my fav, "Sixth Grade Girls".

In my opinion, some of the episodes the series put out were in its first season (Pigeon Man, Stoop Kid).

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 04:37:23 pm »
That fourth grader hideout was pretty awesome and also the area to be consoled was funny, showing Harold being traumatized by the entire event and Helga slapping him and telling him to get over it, and I do remember busting out laughing at the running gag in "Stuck in a Tree" with the guy on the lawn mower.

Though My favorite episodes include "Curly Snaps" "Monkey Man!" "Headless Cabbie" and "What's Opera, Arnold?", but one of my all time favorite is "Helga on the couch" because it reviles much more about Helga and why she is a bully and more about her infatuation for with Arnold.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:46:16 pm by aara34 »

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:55:54 pm »
I liked stoop kid. that was such a great show.

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:02:01 am »
Stoop Kid was a great episode, I like the ending where stoop kid finally conquered his fear of leaving his stoop just so he can harass kids on and off his stoop.
And I was just thinking of the episode where Mr. Simmons becomes principal. How chaos soon rampaged the school when the students take advantage of his carefree teaching techniques.

SJP2.0

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 08:01:36 am »
Hell yeah Hey Arnold was a good show. And it actually was on for a while too. My favorite moment from Hey Arnold still...

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 09:20:12 am »
"Helga On The Couch" - was that the episode with her and the therapist?

There was also another cool one where they go to the soda factory and they leave Harold and Helga there.

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 07:27:24 pm »
Ya Helga on the Couch was with the therapist.

And the episode where Harold and Helga was left at the soda factory was a good one too if I'm thinking of it correctly, because I thought it was a Chocolate Factory, because Chocolate boy snuck on board on the bus and messed up the head count which is how they were left there in the first place. If it is the episode I’m thinking of, the parts I loved the most was when Harold called some restaurant and called the guy his mommy, and when they stole the clowns' bicycle that was funny.

I also remembered an episode when Harold threaten to beat up Arnold and though out the episode Helga keeps announcing how many hours Arnold had to “live”. And in the end Arnold claims he is crazy and you should never hit a crazy person, and then does a dance to get out of beaten up, and Harold says “Wow you really are crazy, want to join our club.”

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »
That was actually the pilot, "24 Hours to Live". Does anyone remember "Salley's Comet"?

Misskate1990

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »
That was actually the pilot, "24 Hours to Live". Does anyone remember "Salley's Comet"?

YEAH!! that one was good too!! B)

Offline aara34

• Squidward
  • I love Plasti-Munch®
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 02:33:18 am »
I like Salley's Comet it was one of the most unique episodes in the series. I enjoyed the way how they campian to turn off all the lights to see the comet.
Hell yeah Hey Arnold was a good show. And it actually was on for a while too. My favorite moment from Hey Arnold still...

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"
Is that from the episode where they take the subway and it breaks down?

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:35 pm »
If you're talking about the subway episode, is that the one where grandma dresses up like a ninja and jumps ontop of the rail car?