Author Topic: New Metallica and AC/DC  (Read 22473 times)

Sponge-Bart

New Metallica and AC/DC
« on: August 23, 2008, 04:48:58 pm »
New Metallica two days ago, Ac/Dc next thurs. I know probably no one here cares or likes them, but if you do, then please respond - the board's been so dead lately.

Elizabeth Rose

Re: New Metallica and AC/DC
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:00:56 pm »
AC/DC still make music?!?!?! :o

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:21 pm »
Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

SJP2.0

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:39:53 pm »
Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

They had two good albums with Newsted. And Justice For All would have been their best imo if the production wasnt so dolphin noise. And even though people say the Black Album was like their beggining of the end I thought it was a pretty good album, even if it was a little different.

Load and Reload have like 2 good songs each.

St. Anger is pure, unadulterated crap.

And their new song is just, bleh...

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 03:02:29 pm »
...And Justice For All is great. And i don't care what anyone says, so is The Black Album.

Load and ReLoad are bad, but a mile better than St. Anger.

I love the new song though. Remember this is the single, and the album's a whole lot better.

AC/DC's always good with me. Ballbreaker sucked, Stiff Upper Lip was cool, and I expect tomorrow's single to kick butt.

SJP2.0

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 06:30:16 pm »
I like AC/DC enough, like I own Back in Black and Highway to Hell, but to be honest with you I would never buy any of their other albums (I got those two as gifts), cause a lot of their stuff kinda sounds the same, and eventually it's like, "enough already". I'm satisfied just hearing them on the radio, which their on constantly anyway.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:02:27 am »
I'm sorry, but ...And Justice For All didn't do anything for me.

SJP2.0

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 03:17:33 pm »
I just listened to this other new Metallica song, and there is actually a pretty decent riff in it, but low and behold, James Hetfields abhorrid post Y2K-vocals have returned (worse than EVER in fact, like this makes his vocals on St. Anger look amazing), and then the other riffs are just lame. Lars's drums sound like crap, and Kirk is recycling solos (though to be honest with Kirks really not that good of a guitarist anyway).

And where the hell is Rob!? I was actually really excited when I heard Rob Trujillo was in Metallica becaue I am a big Suicidal Tendencies fan and he played some sick stuff with Suicidal (everyone who's never heard this before YouTube "Send Me Your Money" by ST and listen to the bass solo). You can't even hear him on any of these songs. I dunno, I personally think I'm gonna pass on Death Magnetic, unless these are just the worst songs (which I doubt).

I personally think that Megadeth is where it's at...their 80's stuff is just as good if not better than Metallica and unlike Metallica, their new stuff is actually pretty good. Can't say so much for Mustaine as a dude though...

Patback399

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:19:21 pm »
At this point, any metal band formed in the 80s is pretty much Spinal Tap.

SJP2.0

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 03:24:29 pm »
At this point, any metal band formed in the 80s is pretty much Spinal Tap.

It's sad how true that is...

...EXCEPT Iron Maiden, they deliver live (saw them in June and it was the greatest expierience of my whole life) and they've conisistently put out good stuff...disregarding the whole Blaze Bayley era.

Otherwise your pretty much right, especially about Metallica.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 09:25:36 am »
The new AC/DC song kinda sucks - i like it, but not much.

Offline telephony

• Members
  • Squidward
    • View Profile
    • The LED Museum
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 05:57:16 pm »
I got the new Metallica album approximately a week ago; though I have honestly not yet had a chance to sit down and listen to it in full. My all-time favourite Metallica album is Ride the Lightning - definitely "old school" Metallica here. I even put a stereo system in one of my old electric wheelchairs just so I could go outside and crank it while driving the chair through Capitol Hill just east of downtown Seattle.

But what I'm *REALLY* waiting for is for Anthrax to put out a new album. I heard rumours of a new one in the works in November of last year, but I'm still waiting.

{Edit, a short time later}: Just corrected a misspelling...nothing to see here folks. ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:00:25 pm by telephony »

Evaluations of flashlights, lighting products, lasers, and analyses of LEDs in their feral state.

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 06:31:55 pm »
"Ride the Lightning" is my fav too.

I got the new album. It really is great! But Lars' drums sound too loud, and the entire thing in general sounds compressed. I also saw the Guitar Hero version of the songs - they sound so much better. "The Day That Never Comes" is awesome, and my fav so far is "The Unforgiven III".

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but ...And Justice For All didn't do anything for me.

It's good if you can get past how long it is. I personally like "Master of Puppets" the best out of all of them. I haven't owned a "new" metallica CD since "reload".