Author Topic: This place is...wow...  (Read 6098 times)

SJP2.0

This place is...wow...
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:50:48 pm »
I've seen this forum in all kinds of conditions as far as user activity is concerned...but i've never seen it as dead as this...topics that hvent been posted on since July are still on top...did something happen that I missed?

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: This place is...wow...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47:08 am »
As far as I can tell people just left. I don't know why. Maybe all the old members have gotten busy with life. I know since I left for college 2 years ago I've had little time to visit here. I can probably go a week without visiting here and miss about a dozen posts now. It's sad how inactive it is here. I remember when it took about an hour to catch up on new posts. New topics are now struggling to reach 10 posts. :-(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:49:21 am by MEEP! »
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:19:38 pm »
Yup this place pretty much sucks now.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:43:53 pm »
The reason it sucks is because we're all grown up. Look at me, I'm 18 and I signed up here when I was 12. Cmonkey is like 21 now too and was like 15 when the site started.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:12:10 pm »
I would say it would be good to get a bunch of new, young members , but they are usually very immature and don't stick around very long.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:18:25 pm »
I would say it would be good to get a bunch of new, young members , but they are usually very immature and don't stick around very long.
I was a new young member back in 2003.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 06:37:28 am »
I think I might be the youngest person here now.. XD

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 02:22:57 pm »
Have we had any new regular posters this year? This sites membership is shrinking. I admit I'm part of the problem but I have better things to do then to post on message boards all day.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:50 pm »
I posted one of my nerdy topics including technology if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.unitedspongebob.com/forums/index.php/topic,20527.msg341256.html#new

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:23 pm »
You know it's bad when people start advertising one topic in another one.  :lol:

Goofy_Goober_Girl

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:17 pm »
I think I might be the youngest person here now.. XD

i doubt it. how old are you (not that i'm trying to invade your privacy, i just want to make sure i'm not youngest)

SJP2.0

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:59 am »
The other thing is...I mean SpongeBob has lost popularity in the past couple years, so in addition to the original fans getting older and not watching it anymore (part of the demographic that I and a lot of other older members of this forum are in), the number of younger fans watching it is also decreasing, which is why we have less new posters now in addition to the old users being less active.