Author Topic: What animations do YOU like? questionnaire  (Read 3502 times)

yorokei

What animations do YOU like? questionnaire
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:42:57 am »
Hello, everyone

My name is Yorokei, and I am a dutch graduate student at the Utrecht School of Arts (USAT), where I study traditional 2D animation. Right now, I am starting my final project. For my project, I would like to build a comical animated series from scratch (though mostly on paper), and research popular animated series out there to see 'what makes them tick'. This will be the subject of my research thesis, which consists of a LOT of research in the field itself, the cartoons, and of course, the targeted audience. Spongebob is one of the series out there that seems to be really popular (this forum being proof of it).

And that is where I would appreciate your help. This forum seems to have a lot of Spongebob fans, and your answers will give me a good idea of why you think spongebob is so great. You don't have to fill in your real name, an alias is good enough, but please be honest about the age thing, since it is an important factor in my research. Other then that, I hope that at least some of you would like to help me out on this, and of course, thanks A LOT in advance!

*EDIT* of course, you may also send me a PM with your answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Field Research Animated Series

Name:

1. According to yourself, do you watch comical animated series often?

2. Which channel do you like best? (eg. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Jetix..)

3. Do you watch these series intentional, or only when you incidentally come across them?

4. If you tune in halfway through an episode, do you still watch it, or do you prefer to watch it from the start, and thus zap away?

5. Do you often find yourself browsing the internet in search for old or new cartoons that you are interested in during your spare time?

6. What is it that catches your interest in series like these? The humor, the animation, the characters? Try to describe WHY that is, too.

7. If I ask you to name one animated series that is your favorite, which one would that be, and why?

8. Who is your favorite character in that series, and also, why?

9. Perhaps your favorite series isn’t intended for your age group, but still ends up amusing you. Can you put your finger on WHY you like it, even though you might be too old/young to be its target group?

10. There’s also bad series around. Which animated series tries to be funny, but ends up annoying you? And why is that?

11. To you, can a series be funny without a coherent plot? In other words, can a series be funny if it’s just one comic situation after another without any story to glue it together?

12. Do you (intend to) pursue a carreer in animation/comics or any related fields?

Many, many thanks in advance for anyone who is filling in this list for me! It is very much appreciated!

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Re: What animations do YOU like? questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:55:43 pm »
Name: Carmine Martinelli
Boy/Girl: Female

1. According to yourself, do you watch comical animated series often? I am in a constant state of watching animated series.

2. Which channel do you like best? (eg. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Jetix..) I only use pirated animations, but my favorites come from Nick.

3. Do you watch these series intentional, or only when you incidentally come across them? The latter, because I am in a constant state of watching animation as said above.

4. If you tune in halfway through an episode, do you still watch it, or do you prefer to watch it from the start, and thus zap away? I don't "tune in" to an episode. Not possible.

5. Do you often find yourself browsing the internet in search for old or new cartoons that you are interested in during your spare time? Just enough not to run out, so yes.

6. What is it that catches your interest in series like these? The humor, the animation, the characters? Try to describe WHY that is, too. Not necessarily that I find them interesting, as I said I watch animation constantly and that is how it works.

7. If I ask you to name one animated series that is your favorite, which one would that be, and why? Dr Katz, Professional Therapist

8. Who is your favorite character in that series, and also, why? Dr Katz because he is hardcore.

9. Perhaps your favorite series isn’t intended for your age group, but still ends up amusing you. Can you put your finger on WHY you like it, even though you might be too old/young to be its target group? Rugrats.

10. There’s also bad series around. Which animated series tries to be funny, but ends up annoying you? And why is that? Anything on contemporary Nickelodeon because it was taken over by morons.

11. To you, can a series be funny without a coherent plot? In other words, can a series be funny if it’s just one comic situation after another without any story to glue it together? Yes, watch the first season of Family Guy.

12. Do you (intend to) pursue a carreer in animation/comics or any related fields? No, I have enough of it the way it is.

Use more internets for graduate research miss. :ph34r:

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Re: What animations do YOU like? questionnaire
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:24:45 pm »
Name: Carmine Martinelli
Boy/Girl: Female

1. According to yourself, do you watch comical animated series often? I am in a constant state of watching animated series.

2. Which channel do you like best? (eg. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Jetix..) I only use pirated animations, but my favorites come from Nick.

3. Do you watch these series intentional, or only when you incidentally come across them? The latter, because I am in a constant state of watching animation as said above.

4. If you tune in halfway through an episode, do you still watch it, or do you prefer to watch it from the start, and thus zap away? I don't "tune in" to an episode. Not possible.

5. Do you often find yourself browsing the internet in search for old or new cartoons that you are interested in during your spare time? Just enough not to run out, so yes.

6. What is it that catches your interest in series like these? The humor, the animation, the characters? Try to describe WHY that is, too. Not necessarily that I find them interesting, as I said I watch animation constantly and that is how it works.

7. If I ask you to name one animated series that is your favorite, which one would that be, and why? Dr Katz, Professional Therapist

8. Who is your favorite character in that series, and also, why? Dr Katz because he is hardcore.

9. Perhaps your favorite series isn’t intended for your age group, but still ends up amusing you. Can you put your finger on WHY you like it, even though you might be too old/young to be its target group? Rugrats.

10. There’s also bad series around. Which animated series tries to be funny, but ends up annoying you? And why is that? Anything on contemporary Nickelodeon because it was taken over by morons.

11. To you, can a series be funny without a coherent plot? In other words, can a series be funny if it’s just one comic situation after another without any story to glue it together? Yes, watch the first season of Family Guy.

12. Do you (intend to) pursue a carreer in animation/comics or any related fields? No, I have enough of it the way it is.

Use more internets for graduate research miss. :ph34r:

*applause*