Author Topic: Another Vista Runaway  (Read 39026 times)

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Another Vista Runaway
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »
Lets face it, Vista sucks...

And the people who use it...get a mac.

I just installed Xp pro on my friends HP pavilion dv6000.

Everything works except graphics, but for my friend its nothing big, the generic driver works rather well.

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: Another Vista Runaway
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:28 pm »
no problems here with vista

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:17 pm »
Posting in a troll thread.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:15 am »
Vista doesn't suck for some people.

But for the rest of us having problems, modifying it is really the only way to get a nice copy of it.

But honestly, you're better off with Windows 7 at this point. Less effort needed.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 06:32:26 am »
I find it funny that all you "techies" have problems with Vista, yet someone like me who doesn't know much can use it without a problem.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 01:40:50 pm »
I had stability problems with it on my main pc, but a cheap notebook that I had for a while handled it fine. As did a computer I built for my friend ryan. As did one of those ancient Gateway tablet-PCs (one of the very first tablets to come out).

So yea, I've had issues, but I've had good times too. Slimming the ISO down usually helped me alot.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:26 pm »
I honestly would downgrade to XP, but I've already looked into, and XP doesn't have the drivers I need.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:19:57 pm »
If I needed to use Windows for anything, I would try to use the earliest possible OS version. If I could run program X on Windows 95, I would. My dad's laptop has Vista and it gets annoying.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:53 am »
I honestly would downgrade to XP, but I've already looked into, and XP doesn't have the drivers I need.

Everything has XP drivers. And if the company refuses to make them, someone out there made them for you :)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 06:51:24 am »
I find it funny that all you "techies" have problems with Vista, yet someone like me who doesn't know much can use it without a problem.
werd

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 04:06:46 pm »
I'm having fun with LinuxMint. Its pretty nice, not gonna lie :)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 04:44:35 pm »
pics you fool

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 06:12:24 pm »
after I figure out how to get wireless drivers working on it. my wireless usb has problems even under XP lol

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 12:28:11 am »
after I figure out how to get wireless drivers working on it. my wireless usb has problems even under XP lol

Welcome to wireless card land; just get the model number for your card + "linux" and search for it on Google, that's always how I start.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »
no problems here with vista

Proof? If you don't, then you're a rare breed xP!

Posting in a troll thread.
Qtf?....
Vista doesn't suck for some people.

But for the rest of us having problems, modifying it is really the only way to get a nice copy of it.

But honestly, you're better off with Windows 7 at this point. Less effort needed.

True, but you're still burdened with that primitive kernel and those security nightmares. Some have managed not to be attacked by malicious programs...But Windows still sucks...simply because there are more powerful OS alternitives.

Wouldnt techies try and stay away from vista? I dunno...

Once again you're still burdened with the issues still present within Windows...
If I needed to use Windows for anything, I would try to use the earliest possible OS version. If I could run program X on Windows 95, I would. My dad's laptop has Vista and it gets annoying.

What's so amazing is how little the win32 platform has changed. I can run apps from 2009 on Windows 95. 

Everything has XP drivers. And if the company refuses to make them, someone out there made them for you :)

I couldnt find the  graphics drivers for my friends laptop. But she doesnt need them.

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others