Author Topic: Cheeseburgers taste good  (Read 14196 times)

Offline winbindd

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://compbrain.net
Cheeseburgers taste good
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:44:15 pm »
 :ph34r:

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeseburgers taste good
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 08:59:30 pm »
the best cheese-burgers you can buy, i've found, are the ones for sale at In-N-Out.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 04:39:25 am »
Those are pretty good if you want em fast. I always get one when I'm in Cali.

If you're making it on your own though, here's the best recipe:

1lb ground sirloin (it's lean)
1lb ground lamb (it's lean)
1lb center-cut bacon (basically one large baking tray fully covered in it). Center cut has more meat than fat, which means a better balance of flavor. (It's anything but lean)
5 tsp of Weber Grill Gourmet Burger Seasoning https://www.amazon.com/Weber-Grill-Gourmet-Burger-Seasoning/dp/B001EPQPKE

Bake the bacon at 375 for 12 minutes - it WILL NOT be fully cooked (fully cooked is usually around 15-17 minutes)
Carefully remove bacon to a solid non-wood cutting board
With a glove on your hand, hold the bacon in place and chop it into tiny, tiny pieces. It'll be hard since it should still be rubbery and not completely cooked.

Mix all meats together, any liquid bacon grease left over, and the spice thoroughly- make 3" wide patties that aren't thick. These patties tend to get large a bit when cooking, so it's better if it's thinner than a normal home-style patty.

Cook at 400-450 on a grill and flip when you can't see uncooked bits anymore. Burgers must be cooked all the way through so that the bacon is cooked but isn't crispy (this is done so that everything has the same texture, but its cooked). Designate one burger to be your ***** and carefully cut into it to verify if everything is cooked all of the way

Downside - if you cook bacon halfway like this, you can't pre-cook it and leave the mixed meats in a bowl overnight. You must cook the patties immediately after cooking the bacon and mixing it in. Otherwise you'll end up with harder chunks of bacon that have lost their love mixed into the meat.

Top it with some good smoked gouda when grilling (like boar's head brand) and throw some good coarse ground mustard in the mix on some potato buns and you're living the dream.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:43:25 am by VulturEMaN »

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 09:44:40 am »
Cheeseburgers still taste good.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 08:05:56 pm »
Cheese burgers are very good.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 11:44:23 am »
I am here to confirm that cheeseburgers still taste good even during a pandemic. I had a cheeseburger from Wendy's today.