Author Topic: Mario: The Shadow Saga  (Read 1954 times)

Patrick

Mario: The Shadow Saga
« on: December 01, 2003, 07:03:10 pm »
Chapter 2: The Arrival of Bowser

Mario was walking for a couple of hours, not know where he was going. His clothes were tattered and torn. He still had so many questions he would like answers for. “What happened?” “Where was I when I woke up?” “Why was the koopa taking me to the king of koopas?” to name a few. A couple hours later, the sun started to rise. “Finally, I thought the night would never end,” groaned Mario. Mario had no clue where he was. He is lost. Then, he saw something. “Smoke!” he said. Mario ran towards it, going to see what it was. He was in dire need of a fire. He was very cold. But then Mario stopped. He was wondering what if it was a bunch of koopas, or anything evil. Mario walked up slowly, staying out of sight. “They are koopas!” he thought.
“Hey, what’s in those bushes?” one koopa pondered. Mario started to run, but tripped. The koopa was coming closer, and closer, until he was right in front of him. Frap! A fireball came out of nowhere and hit the koopa. “Ahhh!” the koopa yelled. Mario could hear koopas yelling and shells hitting each other. Then all the noise stopped. Mario stood up, and looked over to where all the koopas were before, there were none anymore. Only empty shells. Then Mario saw a man in green.
“Luigi?” he said. The man in green turned around.
“Mario!” Luigi said. “I was just cleaning this area of koopas. They’re everywhere.”
“ I need to know, what happened? About two days ago.” Mario asked.
“Well, it first began…”

Five toads were scouting the castle grounds when they saw goomba footprints. “What should we do?” one toad said.
 “Let’s check it out,” said another. So they followed the footprints when a horde of goombas ambushed them. Luigi heard a scream. He ran to where he heard it. There were battered toads everywhere. Luigi breathing heavily, ran towards the princess, to warn her. “Everyone! Everyone! There are goombas on castle grounds!” he yelled. A couple toads ran towards the front gate, and saw what was going to be the end. Koopas, goombas, paratroopas, and the king himself.
“Raise the alarm!” one toad said. Bells were ringing and toads were running everywhere. Some toads grabbed rocks to throw at the huge force. Others took fire-flowers, ready to set the enemy ablaze. Mario was wondering what was happening.
“Luigi, what’s going on?” Mario said over all the ruckus. Luigi replied,
“War! Take this, you’ll need it.” Luigi handed Mario a cape. Then Luigi ran of.

Bowser and his minions were coming closer and closer to the castle. Some koopas held torches, others holding nothing. Back at the castle, toads were jumping on yoshis going out to war. A lot of yoshis were lined up on top of the outer wall. Toads put water melons in there mouths and the yoshis spat the seeds at the hordes of koopas. Some koopas fell to the ground, with the other koopas not noticing. Other toads were shooting fireballs. One hit a goomba in the head. It made a shrilling shriek. Three koopas set up three cannons. They fired one after the other. Blowing the wall to dust. Pieces of the wall flew everywhere. Some hitting helpless toads. The enemy has broken in. The toads set up a wall formation, hoping the enemy wouldn’t be able to get through. The toads in the wall were shooting fireballs rapidly. They picked of some goombas and koopas, but they kept on walking forward. One koopa set up a piranha plant. It spat fire at the toads. Toads were screaming, fire was blazing and flying everywhere. About 10 paratroopers grabbed Bowser and lifted him up. They were flying to get into the castle. One yoshi was spitting seeds at the paratroopas, they dropped Bowser on the ground. He roared in rage. Filled with rage, Bowser shot a blaze of fire everywhere. Bowser walked forwards, and into the castle. Toads were throwing bricks at the incoming koopas, but it wasn’t effective. Knocking toads aside, Bowser walked towards the throne room. He couldn’t be stopped.  Ten toads gathered up courage, and ran towards Bowser. Bowser shot red and orange flames everywhere, but it only took down two toads. The other eight kept running. Then, they jumped for Bowser. Holding on to Bowser, the toads were beating him with rocks. “Keep going!” one toad screamed. Bowser clawed at them to get them off. He grabbed one by the back and threw him to the ground. Bowser took a deep breath, and then he shot blazing fire everywhere. The toads that were clinging to Bowser fell to the ground in pain. Bowser kept on walking. Closer, and closer he got to the throne room of the princess herself. One yoshi swallowed a koopa and spat the shell out. It took out some koopas, and then hit Bowser. Bowser didn’t say anything. Three koopas viscously attacked the yoshi for spewing that koopa shell.

Bowser, has reached the doors to the throne room. He opened the doors, and walked in. But the princess wasn’t there. But there, stood a hero. A man dressed in red and blue overalls. He had a red cap fitted on his head. “Bowser, you have hurt enough innocent people for a life time,” Mario said.
   “Mario, you can’t stop me! I am the almighty Bowser. I can crush you in my hands. Even if you destroy me, my koopa army will destroy you. It’s a lose, lose situation.  Now, are we just going to talk like this, or fight?” Bowser asked. Mario made a fist and started running towards Bowser. Mario jumped and was going to kick Bowser, but Bowser sent hot flames out of his mouth and hit Mario. Mario went flying back and crashed into a wall. He hit his head, and fell unconscious. Bowser sent a loud roar, signaling the koopas to go back to his castle. Bowser ran out of the room, and was gone. Bowser was searching for the princess. He picked up a toad, wounded from the fight. “Where is she?” he roared.
   “I-I-I’m not sure,” Replied the toad. Bowser threw the toad down in frustration. Then he saw a door. It was Peach’s room.he walked over to it and slowly opened the door. He saw dead koopas everywhere.
   “Bowser!” Luigi yelled. Luigi started to run towards Bowser and kicked him in the face. Bowser sent out a groan and fell to the ground. Koopas started running towards the roam, hearing the ruckus. Scared, Luigi opened the window and jumped out, running away from the war.
   “Are you alright sir?” one koopa asked. A couple of koopas helped Bowser up.
   “Yes,” he said. “I have a feeling the princess is in there. Koopas went into the room and started to search everything. One opened a cabinet, and saw a women in a pink drses with a golden crown on top of her head.
   “I’ve found her!” one koopa yelled.
   “Very good,” said Bowser. “Take her outside.” Two koopas lifted her up and took her outside. Bowser started to walk to the front gate. Once he got out, he could hear koopas cheering, they had victory on that surprise attack that day. Koopas shot cannons up in the air in joy. But one bullet, came crashing down onto the castle, which started small fire inside the front gate. Bowser roared, and walked off with his army.

Later, Luigi headed back to the castle. He went into it and saw countless numbers of dead koopas and toads everywhere. Saddened, Luigi left the castle again, but to look for some friends, to avenge all the warriors that died in this war. Luigi left on another journey.